Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

4 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Wonder if she knows that AC hasn't always existed. Or that to this day, there are people who work outside in the heat all day or live in a house with no AC. Mind bottling.

We should do some sort of protest on companies that make workers work outside. (In the street, so there's no trespassing)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:01 PM, Player said:

I love the NextDoor histrionics on July 4th.

c531db2d1eade434357439c764c8f915.jpg

07f0426e5d2a715d07a9d15c4305bdab.jpg

I love these posts too....saw a few of them on our neighborhood Next Door. If someone started ranting like that in front of me, I'd calmly remind them that there is a danger far greater to that class of individuals they are trying to save....it is called lightning and thunder, which occurs 50-100 times a year and is far louder and brighter than any fireworks and to let me know if there is someone who could rectify that complaint.....

2 minutes ago, Okie State said:

One guy told her she needs to mind her own business or be an adult and go talk to the neighbor in person instead of calling them out on social media. 

Well, where's the passive/aggressive fun in that?

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

The crazy lady is now posting thread after thread of Pet safety tips and laws. One guy told her she needs to mind her own business or be an adult and go talk to the neighbor in person instead of calling them out on social media. This should go well.

You're that guy, aren't you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You're that guy, aren't you.

Ha, I have restrained myself from responding. I've commented before in the past that there is nothing wrong with having an outside dog so I'm sure I'm on their list. I just stay out of it now and observe for entertainment purposes.

Just now, GotThatFire said:

My dog begs BEGS all day to go lay out on the concrete in the sun.  

I'll let ours in when I get home from work sometimes. She'll make her rounds and then is ready to go back out because that's what she prefers. Plenty of shade and water available at all times. I see no issue.

I actually wish she'd come inside and just chill, but she doesn't want to.

19 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This. We have a screened in porch that is cooler, but my dog hates it. She wants to be outside.

Am I a monster? Will my neighbors be protesting?

Would you leave your baby outside all day? And your dog is your fur baby, after all. So basically what Traci is trying to say is that you are a terrible person you should go to prison and get cancer in prison and they shouldn't treat the cancer and they should just let you die in pain in prison. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This. We have a screened in porch that is cooler, but my dog hates it. She wants to be outside.

Am I a monster? Will my neighbors be protesting?

This.  We have a bunch of trees and shady places in the backyard, a kiddie pool (for the dog), and plenty of other water.  She lays in Cedar mulch after we water the plants, plays in the pool, lays under the trees, and digs shit up.  

She does love to come in and get herself a nice little 20-30 minute nap on the cold floor when I come home for lunch, but it's right back outside when I get up to leave.  

I'm going to be hunted...

spacer.png

This cracked me up -- not the original post, it's an actual legitimate beef, although I'm not sure how it adds value to NextDoor.  I just loved some of the followup responses:

I got in my car near the leasing office of Tintara (7655 N FM 620) on Monday evening at 5:15 PM and was met by pellet gun or BB gun shots to my rear windshield. Shot 2 times before I called my wife and then 911. I went upstairs for towels to soak up the rain water filling up the back of my car, and heard the person STILL SHOOTING at my car! Got out of the car and saw the guy sitting on his balcony (Apt # 322) with the barrel of the gun pointed out towards the cars parked by the pool/leasing office after the front gate. Contacted 911 for the 2nd time and they had officers come and arrest him. The criminal initially claimed he was 14, officers confirmed he is actually 22. He had a chair set on top of a table on his balcony as a make-shift deer-blind for hunting car windows (2nd picture shows elevated chair pointing towards parking lot.) Shame on this kid. He was arrested for felony Aggrevated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. But APD did not find the weapon in question. I have a 3 year old daughter that could have been seriously injured or killed and I know I don't want anyone like this in my community. Again, he lives in Apartment #322 at 7655 N FM 620 I have reported this information to the police. Person 1 Hair: Long curly brown/black hair Top: No shirt at the time, but wears hoodies/sweatshirts year-round Age: 22 Sex: Male Race: Caucasian Build: Tall (maybe 5'11"-6'-2") and skinny

So sorry you experienced this and good for you for not letting it drop.........this could easily be a "lead up" to even more serious assault crimes. Most serial killers "level up" over time starting with torment of animals and humans that increases in severity before their first murder. This was a serious and voluntary act and that man has major issues and should not only be evicted, but removed from the streets altogether!

Bet drugs/and or alcohol were involved

On 7/8/2019 at 9:05 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

I can't believe people behave like this on a forum that you actually know and live around the other participants.  It's one thing to go full asshole on the surl, but I think I would tone it down a lot on something like Nextdoor.  Hell, based on this thread there is no f'ing way I'm signing up for that crap.

how else are you going to repost the dumbass shit from there onto here?  it's your obligation as a surly to post dumb shit you see on social networks on here for our amusement.  

Not sure how to screen shot the post, but the text is great.  Surly handle?

e1b46f69b9ecc81203a00282d9788f75.png
On Trac Delivery Person (Lewd Conduct) - Looking For Other Victims

I recently had an incident with an On Trac delivery person (in a white van) who has been repeatedly parking outside my house during times when I am working from my desk, where he can clearly see me. Without going in to too much detail, I discovered about 1 1/2 weeks ago that he has been inappropriately touching himself while he watches me. I have filed a report with the Altadena Sheriff's office and they have an on-going investigation. If anyone else experienced anything similar from perhaps the same person, please let me know and I will connect you with the detective on the case. The goal is to get enough evidence to make sure that he cannot continue to do this activity while under the guise of delivering to houses. The company he works for has taken this very seriously, but I do not want to see him being able to get similar employment and continue to victimize women. I have reported this information to the Altadena Sheriff. Description of person involved – Hair: Hat, Top: T-shirt or Collared Shirt, Bottom: Tan Shorts, Shoes: Tennis Shoes, Age: late 50's, Build: medium, Race: unknown, Sex: male Description of vehicle involved – Color: White, Make: Chevrolet, Model: Express, Year: 2007, Type: Van, Other details: Last seen in Altadena on June 27, 2019.

Obligatory

spacer.png

On 6/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

You’re black?

On 6/28/2019 at 8:46 PM, Okie State said:
On 6/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, MAUFRAIS said:
You’re black?

Was about to ask the same thing...

On 6/28/2019 at 11:17 PM, Js1 said:

Is that why you hate Rocko so much??

On 6/29/2019 at 12:06 AM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

He identifies as black.

Missed all these.  Brown mixed dude.  Wife lily white. I identify as asshole.  

Please tell me this is from your nextdoor and you can post the comments.
Yeah. Nothing really exciting though. Mostly people split on whether it's a nipple or a skin tag. This (the last comment) is probably the best part of the convo which isn't saying much.

0fb7634f1d2b94f9032418274d9086a7.jpg