Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

12343d420649cef8b55973a82cfc1b970caf.jpg

Truly golden.  Several thoughts and questions . . .

1.  if one of your morning activities is to go outside and check for suspicious activity . . . isn't that suspicious activity in and of itself?

2.  why would 2 homeless people own a car?

3.  is a 90s vehicle really "late model"?

4.  who actually owns a Tazer?

<don't taze me bro'>

On 4/11/2018 at 10:56 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

Ive got the same thing on facebook's neighborhood page.

real conversation from Feb 15th (Chinese New Year) and yeah, Im leaving their names, stupidity deserves ridicule

This in Wooten? I loved watching that shit go down.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:52 PM, Jerry Callo said:

My Nextdoor is getting boring.  Thinking about some subtle trolling to get things going again.

I think you and I might have some overlapping neighborhoods based off what you habe shared. Have you seen the "Aggressive tree trimmers" post? Ripe for trolling.

Our Nextdoor isn’t too active. The FB group is where all the action is. People accusing others of sleeping with their husbands, people calling out realtors for not taking down their signs and tagging them in it. The racist undertones. Oh. The racist undertones.

15 minutes ago, Okie State said:

There was a good one a while back on mine where a mentally unstable woman was upset that her neighbor's mature tree partially overhung into her backyard. She would bag up the leaves and dump them on her neighbor's front porch. All caught on video.

I seem to recall a thread at the old place about limbs of a tree and it devolved into threats of a shotgun. 

I also seem to recall it was decidedly lacking in closure

On 4/10/2018 at 3:14 PM, honolulu horn said:

Every 4th of July in our neighborhood, some real estate guy puts up small American flags in every yard near the sidewalks. Whatever. Anyway, some woman on NDN reported with great concern that she didn't have a flag. She then hypothesized that perhaps terrorists had taken it. Seriously.

Well, do we know that terrorists did NOT take said flag?

38 minutes ago, skipperj said:

Our Nextdoor isn’t too active. The FB group is where all the action is. People accusing others of sleeping with their husbands, people calling out realtors for not taking down their signs and tagging them in it. The racist undertones. Oh. The racist undertones.

Please spill it.

I had a whole thread on the old site. I don’t think I have the screenshots anymore, but a wife of one realtor accused another realtor of sleeping with her husband and then the same night also accused another one of smoking weed all day and smoking pot with her husband as well.  

• Like 1

I can't remember who it was that called the tree company to get the pine tree trimmed up. I do recall elderly neighbor with shotgun threatening them. It petered out and i figured I had better let it be. There were a lot of questions about the legality of trimming the branches on your side of the fence and while it was established that, " yes, you can do that." there was no clear resolution to whether or not the branches were ever actually cut off. 

I too would like to hear more of the sleeping around accusations. And I think FB groups should absolutely be included in this thread. There might be some good crossovers from the dumbass shit thread but there are some worthy ones out there I am sure.

To the parents of the kids at the court...

As a parent with a kid in jr high I would want someone to share with me if this was my child. A little before 6:30 tonight there was several high school boys climbing over the fence to get into the basketball court. The kid that “lived in the hood” was named Julian and his buddy climbing the fence was wearing either a ladies robe or a kimono and they were riding in a gold Prelude. Needless to say when they were asked to go home and get their key instead of trespassing it turned into an ordeal.

Kimono?  Really?

Need to see if it was the Great Kabuki.

I had a whole thread on the old site. I don’t think I have the screenshots anymore, but a wife of one realtor accused another realtor of sleeping with her husband and then the same night also accused another one of smoking weed all day and smoking pot with her husband as well.  

When I moved from Austin I used her as our realtor and I can see her sleeping around. This was in 2015. She showed up at our house to meet us dressed like she was going out on a Saturday to meet a hookup. But hey, she got my house sold in 2 days for a lot more than I expected and took less than 3% to get the deal done.

When I moved from Austin I used her as our realtor and I can see her sleeping around. This was in 2015. She showed up at our house to meet us dressed like she was going out on a Saturday to meet a hookup. But hey, she got my house sold in 2 days for a lot more than I expected and took less than 3% to get the deal done.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, kmac30 said:

I assumed all Real Estate agents slept around. How else do you sell a house in 2 days?

13 hours ago, skipperj said:

What is it with you people and your "racist undertones"? Here in our Arkansas, our racism, from both sides, is just out in the open. The way God intended. 

• Haha 2

My son started selling bags of mulch and compost on Nextdoor as part of his Boy Scout Troop's effort to help Scout's raise money for themselves to pay for Philmont, etc.  His first year he sold 800+ bags and this year he sold over 2,000.  Took us an entire weekend to deliver it all and he'll keep about $1.50 a bag.  It is the only thing I have found Nextdoor to be useful for.

I think I have a new hobby.  I cut through a relatively nice neighborhood this morning ~ 7 AM after dropping my kid off at middle school, and took a little detour to check out a few different areas that have had a lot of remodeling done.  I entered a long cul de sac and an older lady walking her poodle gave me the icy glare as I drove by.  I turned around at the end and she continued the icy glare.  At that point I noticed a 2nd cul de sac entrance so I swung down that street, mostly because I knew she'd be giving me Blue Steel, and sure enough, on the way back out she was half apoplectic at the stranger danger.  So, I turned back down the first cul de sac, and in my rearview mirror I saw her scurrying up to what I assume was her front door, half dragging that poor dog.  I can only assume her NextDoor blew up shortly thereafter. I'll try it again Monday. 

No doubt the Police/Sheriff/Constable was contacted immediately.

I was blocked into a cul-de-sac by a Police officer once while driving around a neighborhood looking at potential houses to buy. Probably the result of a stranger danger call.

'Sir, why are you driving around stopping in front of houses?' Oh, you mean the houses with for sale signs? Did you notice my out of state license plate? Fine detective work there Lou.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think I have a new hobby.  I cut through a relatively nice neighborhood this morning ~ 7 AM after dropping my kid off at middle school, and took a little detour to check out a few different areas that have had a lot of remodeling done.  I entered a long cul de sac and an older lady walking her poodle gave me the icy glare as I drove by.  I turned around at the end and she continued the icy glare.  At that point I noticed a 2nd cul de sac entrance so I swung down that street, mostly because I knew she'd be giving me Blue Steel, and sure enough, on the way back out she was half apoplectic at the stranger danger.  So, I turned back down the first cul de sac, and in my rearview mirror I saw her scurrying up to what I assume was her front door, half dragging that poor dog.  I can only assume her NextDoor blew up shortly thereafter.

I'll try it again Monday.

You are doing God's work sir.

• Haha 1