Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I need to figure out how to get on that neighborhood's NextDoor.  Isn't it by proof of address?

Sometimes, but some of them make you sign up through the mail I think. I haven't had to do that yet, probably because I live with the poors.

The stuff people consider suspicious these days is pretty funny.  To most people, someone coming up and knocking on your door is suspicious.  My wife bakes treats for our neighbors and we go around and deliver them around Christmas.  First time we did it, the shock and surprise from people we did not know on our street was very weird.

31 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The stuff people consider suspicious these days is pretty funny.  To most people, someone coming up and knocking on your door is suspicious.  My wife bakes treats for our neighbors and we go around and deliver them around Christmas.  First time we did it, the shock and surprise from people we did not know on our street was very weird.

That's because the cookies were dick-shaped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just came across my feed:

Bird stuck in fireplace....HELP!

We heard the sound of birds starting 2 days ago so we closed up the flue thinking that maybe we had some birds on top and didn't want them to get in. I continued to hear birds yesterday and today and now I've confirmed what I feared, a bird is in our fireplace. If I open the screen, I'm afraid he's going to fly into my house which would be a bigger issue. He actually landed on my screen for me to get a view of him just now. If he stays, he will die a slow death :( and then I'll have to deal with removal of a dead bird and possible foul smells. Any advice or a service I should call? He's now been in my fireplace for at least 3 days. Thanks neighbors!

15 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

We heard the sound of birds starting 2 days ago so we closed up the flue thinking that maybe we had some birds on top and didn't want them to get in. I continued to hear birds yesterday and today and now I've confirmed what I feared, a bird is in our fireplace. If I open the screen, I'm afraid he's going to fly into my house which would be a bigger issue. He actually landed on my screen for me to get a view of him just now. If he stays, he will die a slow death :( and then I'll have to deal with removal of a dead bird and possible foul smells. Any advice or a service I should call? He's now been in my fireplace for at least 3 days. Thanks neighbors!

Those Chimney Swifts show up in strange places.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Maybe they were diabetics.  

Did they have gluten? Or Peanuts? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL OUR CHILDREN?!?!?!?!?

Did you sit outside your joint later and watch them stumble around and order pizzas?

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Couple of years ago some poor schmuck went to work for an Edwards Jones branch and the manager suggested he walk the street and do a meet and greet with neighbors in the area surrounding that office.

Dude went door to door in a coat and tie passing out cards or leaving them on the porch and dozens of crime fighters bombarded all these nextdoor / facebook sites with news of a suspicious man up to no-good - every report was done in the 50's cop show / Law and Order detective  lingo.  

It took some bitch's husband commandeering her nextdoor/facebook accounts to shut the lynch mob down and post a picture with himself and the evil mutual fund mastermind ...even then for a month or two someone would log on - read the 1st post and start posting about it without seeing  the resolution and gas the fire all over again.

Edited by Reagan1k
  • Like 1

Tresspassing/Landscape Theft

“Last night, someone trespassed in our front yard and cut several blooming rose bushes. If anyone has any information, or has experienced this recently, please respond. DNA evidence was left behind. Roses have thorns, dumb ass.”

cops will definitely be working overtime to solve this case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Maestro said:

My feed today, guess we’re neighbors Maestro:

5h ago
Thank y'all so much! Bird has been removed thanks to my yard man and the bird was alive. :)
 Thank

Edited by FigurelliPwC

Two common ones that popped up today below.  I was also yelled at by an old lady today, I was driving about 10mph in the HEB parking lot.  Great day

Barking Dog!

First off I adore dogs. Second, I love a peaceful sleep. Whoever has the dog, barking non-stop since 8:47pm. . Please for the love of god, put him insideyour house.

22h ago

(She didn’t post her location other than the neighborhood...passive aggressive at its best!)
Texting/Typing while Driving

A blonde, female driver in a black, Honda CRV, license plate xxxxxxx, was seen driving down Lost Creek Blvd toward 360 at about 8:10 AM, Friday, April 20th, and the driver was texting. Her phone was held up and her head was looking down at her phone—-not looking at the road. Her fingers were clearly typing. This action was observed from the stop sign at Lost Creek and Quaker Ridge up to the stop light at 360. Please, if you know this female driver, warn her about the dangers of texting/typing while driving. Not only is it illegal, it kills people. So many children live on Lost Creek Blvd, and it only takes a second for everyone’s life to change.

reply:

Fyi- It wasn't me- for those who know me - blonde female who also drives a black Honda CRV. Thanks!
Edited by FigurelliPwC

One of my favorites...

Protest on bee caves

Anyone know what they’re protesting?

30 Mar · 31 neighborhoods in General
 Thank

Dave Bair

Lost Creek·30 Mar
The death of Jesus. Happens every year.
 Thank
1 Thank
Anson OConnor

Lost Creek·30 Mar
Probably rich people.
 Thank
Shannon Egan

Lost Creek·30 Mar
Somehow I’ve missed this each year. I’ll look to join them next year. Thanks.
 Thank
1 Thank
Leslie Foppiano

Lost Creek·30 Mar
Since it’s Good Fri I remember the church last year having Christ’s carrying the cross, traffic was a nitemare, we sat over an hour to get through . This was last year n I’m betting it’s the same this year.
 Thank
1 Thank
Becky Spillane

Lost Creek·30 Mar
Is this really necessary?
 Thank
Ellen Frigo

Foothills Of Barton Creek·30 Mar
It is the most important festival of the Christian calendar. Even if it’s not something you celebrate, please be respectful.

Two common ones that popped up today below.  I was also yelled at by an old lady today, I was driving about 10mph in the HEB parking lot.  Great day
Barking Dog!

First off I adore dogs. Second, I love a peaceful sleep. Whoever has the dog, barking non-stop since 8:47pm. . Please for the love of god, put him insideyour house.

22h ago    
(She didn’t post her location other than the neighborhood...passive aggressive at its best!)
Texting/Typing while Driving

A blonde, female driver in a black, Honda CRV, license plate xxxxxxx, was seen driving down Lost Creek Blvd toward 360 at about 8:10 AM, Friday, April 20th, and the driver was texting. Her phone was held up and her head was looking down at her phone—-not looking at the road. Her fingers were clearly typing. This action was observed from the stop sign at Lost Creek and Quaker Ridge up to the stop light at 360. Please, if you know this female driver, warn her about the dangers of texting/typing while driving. Not only is it illegal, it kills people. So many children live on Lost Creek Blvd, and it only takes a second for everyone’s life to change.

reply:

Fyi- It wasn't me- for those who know me - blonde female who also drives a black Honda CRV. Thanks!

Honda CRV? Too poor for Lost Creek. Probably a Russian house cleaner. /undertones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Couple of years ago some poor schmuck went to work for an Edwards Jones branch and the manager suggested he walk the street and do a meet and greet with neighbors in the area surrounding that office.

Dude went door to door in a coat and tie passing out cards or leaving them on the porch and dozens of crime fighters bombarded all these nextdoor / facebook sites with news of a suspicious man up to no-good - every report was done in the 50's cop show / Law and Order detective  lingo.  

It took some bitch's husband commandeering her nextdoor/facebook accounts to shut the lynch mob down and post a picture with himself and the evil mutual fund mastermind ...even then for a month or two someone would log on - read the 1st post and start posting about it without seeing  the resolution and gas the fire all over again.

Something similar happened to me in my previous neighborhood. A woman was starting her own business and was going around the neighborhood introducing herself to the neighbors.

She looked like a 30 year old Shania Twain. I had previously seen her power walking in the neighborhood. The neighborhood streets run up and down hills. So she would strut up the street in yoga shorts and a fitted dry fit shirt. Sculpted legs and ass, so fucking hot.

Anyways, she introduced herself as a neighbor at my door. I told her, yeah I've noticed you during your daily walks. I'm grinning like a horny perv and just invite her inside for something to drink so I could hear more about her business.

LOL She immediately says no she doesn't have time. I asked for a card but she was out. How about a number? Uh, I'll be back to drop off a card.

I must have been giving off a rapey vibe because she got the fuck out of there.

Something similar happened to me in my previous neighborhood. A woman was starting her own business and was going around the neighborhood introducing herself to the neighbors.
She looked like a 30 year old Shania Twain. I had previously seen her power walking in the neighborhood. The neighborhood streets run up and down hills. So she would strut up the street in yoga shorts and a fitted dry fit shirt. Sculpted legs and ass, so fucking hot.
Anyways, she introduced herself as a neighbor at my door. I told her, yeah I've noticed you during your daily walks. I'm grinning like a horny perv and just invite her inside for something to drink so I could hear more about her business.
LOL She immediately says no she doesn't have time. I asked for a card but she was out. How about a number? Uh, I'll be back to drop off a card.
I must have been giving off a rapey vibe because she got the fuck out of there.

You left out the minor detail of whipping out your dick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 11:05 PM, kmac30 said:

When I moved from Austin I used her as our realtor and I can see her sleeping around. This was in 2015. She showed up at our house to meet us dressed like she was going out on a Saturday to meet a hookup. But hey, she got my house sold in 2 days for a lot more than I expected and took less than 3% inches to get the deal done.

Fixed for what I've heard.

Apparently some trashy people with trashy kids moved into a rental. Someone starts a discussion called "Junkies on Tisdale" and speculation starts over drug dealing etc... Neighborhood consensus is that they should contact the owner of the property. 

First the neighbor chimes in

Spoiler

They are our neighbors!!! Unfortunately! Ugh!! We live at 7608. Our wonderful neighbor Eva sold her house a year ago and a development company bought it and rented it to these scum! Patrick is the "main" renter. Hope (Raggedy Ann) is his step-daughter. Her boyfriend is Preston who had the convertible white car and now has a green Lexus? I think they took in a boarder.... he has the brown beat up Ford Explorer and a white utility truck. There a numerous cars there coming and going - and Yes, I believe they are junkies and/or deal drugs. We tried to be friends when they first moved it, but didn't last long! Preston, the boyfriend, would park directly in front of our house and dig through his car for hours like a homeless person and tweaking on something. We know that the street is public property, but we don't want to see them passed out in front of our house nor do we want all of their drop ins parking their either. Patrick told me that Hope is in trouble with the law for alcohol and drugs and wears an ankle monitor, but I've seen them tweaking/tripping in the back yard. I asked Patrick about it because it looked like they were on Heroin. He said they are both clean and have to take drug tests.... but that they don't test for pot!! Really??? I have nothing against pot smokers, but I have a problem with junkies living in our neighborhood with kids, etc. We are sick of it. :(

Then the dude renting the house jumps on

Spoiler

Hello everyone. My name is Patrick and I am the primary renter at the house in question. I just found out about this thread and wanted to respond to everyone. This is not a justification of actions or anything like that, just a response and acknowledgement of people’s posts. I also want to let people know some of the facts so that no one has to speculate. I am not asking you not to meet and I am not asking you not to contact the landlord. I support you in doing what you feel is best.

First, we moved here in March 2017 and did renew our lease recently until Feb 28 2019. I have no plans to renew the lease when it finishes.

Second, you are correct on the owner’s name. I would be glad to provide better contact information if needed.

Third, as far as the 7608 neighbors, we also tried to be friendly at first but Alan kept getting really drunk and screaming at us and working to get my under 21 year old daughter drunk, even before they had any issue with us. And that was the first 10 days. It was Alan being an ass and Jennifer apologizing, over and over. (pot, kettle, black). I have had to call the police on him after he came over drunk banging and screaming at my front door in the middle of the night. I had to put up security lights and a security system out of fear of his behavior. They are free to call us scum or whatever, but our feelings towards them are similar.

Fourth, the red haired girl is my adult daughter and she does live here. I will not post her story here, but will gladly talk to anyone about her disabilities and challenges. I will say there have been many bad life decisions that I am trying to help her work through and support her in that process.

Fifth, the person in question is her boyfriend. He has been banned from this house, but I found out recently that he has been coming over when I am gone. When I have been here, he has waited for my daughter while parked on the street, sometimes for long periods. That definitely bothers me but I am limited in what I can do about it. I wish I had a better answer there and I welcome suggestions. If you see anything illegal there, I support you fully in calling the police. I will be addressing that issue much more actively moving forward. Also see point eight.

Sixth, about people coming and going. My daughter has been recovering from addiction issues and several of her friends are people going through the programs and such with her. Some of her friends do seem like addicts because they are addicts. You never stop being an addict even if you are clean. Those that have failed in their recovery are not allowed here.

Seventh, it appears much of this happens when I am not here. I do work and can’t be here every moment. Even when I am here, I can’t focus on making sure everything is perfect every moment. But I am now aware and can be much better at monitoring and working to improve the situation for everyone.

Eighth, I do not want to be a bad neighbor. I personally do not care in the slightest about the people at 7608, but I do care about everyone else affected by this. I will gladly share my direct contact information with you. That way if something does happen, it can be dealt with much more immediately. This is especially true if it is a nuisance and not something the police would deal with. I want to minimize and end any nuisance to my neighbors.

Ninth, No, we are not drug dealers. I do not think the boyfriend is but if you see anything like that, please call the police asap and please let me know.

Tenth, I will also attend the meeting on May 14 and personally address any questions or concerns you have. I may not have the answers you want, but at least you will have more details rather than speculating. I will also give any of you my direct contact information (as I mentioned above) so that any of you can reach out and ask me questions.

Eleventh and finally, I want to state again that I am not trying to get anyone to not meet or to not talk about the issue. I support all of you in doing what you feel is best. I am not trying to justify anything or make excuses, just respond to your very concerned posts. I am open to talking with people and finding ways to not be a nuisance to the street and to make life better for everyone. I am even willing to consider moving out if the problems do not get better quickly and if the landlord is willing to end the lease early without penalty.

Neighbor back at it

Spoiler

Thanks Patrick for responding. This is why we told you about this tread last night when you called the police while we were taking pictures in our back yard. I will only comment and clarify that neither my husband nor myself - tried to get your step-daughter drunk. she approached us in our yard wanting to have a glass of wine with us and we were not aware she was underage. After you and I exchanged emails, contact halted - I have the emails and will bring them to the meeting. However, she did jump over the fence of the back yard and banged on our back door when we wouldn't answer the front door - I was taking out of town work clients downtown for dinner and about to leave my house. She wanted alcohol and asked if we had any pills. She did not respect our boundaries and you did not want to discuss. I won't comment on your other statements, other than to say, you have not respected us nor our property after many times asking you to do so.

As you can see from this thread, we are not the only ones disturbed by Hope and Preston and the things that have happened. You can attempt to defame us and there have been apologies for certain actions, but this has felt toxic since you moved into the house and we have been here for 10 years and respect and appreciate our community. Both Alan and I said, if you would have made an effort to understand what all of us see if would make a huge difference. Now I hope it will.

Crestview still has a ways to go, lulz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, I'm disappointed that my entry for today doesn't really stack up to cat snake or bi-psychotic alkie neighbors, but here goes:

Today at 9.40 am, I was buzzed by a Steam It van driving fast and very close to bike lane. Definitely inside 3 ft space required by law. I was in middle of bike lane on widest part of Jester. I caught up to him at 2222. He was on the phone. I suggest blacklisting.