Georgetown family faces lawsuit over playscape for terminally-ill son

purplepride95

not sure how the fuck these 2 morons didnt think  there would be backlash to this lawsuit.

Im even more surprised that their lawyer didnt tell them its a fucking terrible idea (is there a chance they didnt tell the lawyer the whole story?) to sue a terminally ill kid for playing in his own backyard.

its a bold strategy Cotton.   Pretty sure they are gonna get their full shit put on blast

So, here’s what I want to know:

What guidelines does it violate?

Can the violation be remedied?

Can they submit now for approval?

If this was already approved, where is the approval paperwork?

As the developer, declarant, board member, president, and member of many HOAs something here doesn’t smell right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

And when I say Richard and Carol Gottlieb, I mean the Richard and Carol Gottlieb of Georgetown, Texas. 

Just so people get this right...

20 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Congrats, Doug. You're no longer at the top of my Most Hated Gottlieb list.

Image result for doug gottlieb

I've got good news for you. According to the public CAD listing, they spell it differently. It's Richard and Carol Gottleib of 1000 Lucinda Terrace, Georgetown, TX, 78628.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

So, here’s what I want to know:

What guidelines does it violate?

Can the violation be remedied?

Can they submit now for approval?

If this was already approved, where is the approval paperwork?

As the developer, declarant, board member, president, and member of many HOAs something here doesn’t smell right.

This is correct, but we'd have to read that HOA's documents. Either way, anyone can sue for anything, we'll see if it gets thrown out.

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

isn't there an old folks community that these old fuckholes can move to and be with other aholes? 

The world will be a better place when these ahole baby boomers die off.

Are you talking about Richard and Carol Gottleib of 1000 Lucinda Terrace, Georgetown, TX, 78628? I want to be clear...

Seems like Dick Gottleib is pretty worried about his property taxes, which would seemingly contradict his concern over the value of his home?

Letters to the Editor (Austin American-Statesman,  06/05/2019)

John Elford’s commentary fails to address how he would prevent Austin from experiencing the same problems of filth, disease, etc. that have plagued cities such as Seattle and San Francisco that have already taken his approach.

Austin is already on this path. Elford’s recommendations would only speed up the process.

He also does not say where the money to fund his proposals will come from. Before asking for more taxpayer funding, it is time for his church and all other religious and tax exempt organizations to start paying their own “fair share.” How much lower could property taxes be if these groups paid for the fire, police and other services they receive? Instead, their share is paid for by the multitudes struggling to pay the continually increasing property tax burden.

Richard Gottleib, Georgetown

Edited by jimmyjazz

58 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Im even more surprised that their lawyer didnt tell them its a fucking terrible idea (is there a chance they didnt tell the lawyer the whole story?) to sue a terminally ill kid for playing in his own backyard.

As soon as the check cleared, their lawyer told them they had a great case !

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, You don't know me said:

It's been a while since I've lived in a neighborhood with a real HOA.  Are playscapes typically against HOA restrictions?  That seems kind of stupid.

We had to submit our plans for our playscape to the HOA.  Wouldn’t have even thought to do that except one of our neighbors didn’t get approval and got notified by the HOA that he had to completely disassemble the playscape before the HOA would review his request and he would be fined for each week it was left standing.  I really hate HOAs.

I changed my front yard from dead grass to graveled xeriscape without seeking approval from the HOA or the MUD architectural/landscape committee several years ago. A MUD vehicle parked across the street a couple of weeks later to check it out, but we never heard from them.

This is a neighborhood where the HOA sends out sternly-worded letters with photos included if a homeowner leaves the trash cans out front a day or two after garbage collection.

Fuck ‘em.

And fuck those Gottleib assholes right in their shriveled up asses.

• Like 1

I mean, I was invited to the wedding of carol and richard but I declined due to the fact that I was friends with Carol's sister at the time and felt the invite was kinda weird since I had once dated her sister (we did remain good friends though---me and Carole's sister).  And Carol was the absolute town whore at the time before she met Richard.   I mean like she made her sister sick to her stomach with the weird shit she did, the guys she'd bring home, the messes her sister had to drag her out of.  I remember once we had to pick Carol up at a rather unsavory part of town and she had shit her pants presumably from being so hammered on Zimas and ecstasy.  Turns out she had let two guys take turns on her asshole and things got messy.  Anyway, she never made good decisions and it seems like that's still holding up today with her crappy move on her neighbors with shithead husband, Richard.  Her sister is totally embarrassed by this story, as I would be too.  The family was pretty decent overall, but nice to see Carol met an equally fucked up moron in Richard and they spend their days trying to ruin other people's lives.  

Best wishes to this young boy and hope he makes out okay.  Hope we can all help in some small way.  but yeah, Carol has always been human filth.  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

isn't there an old folks community that these old fuckholes can move to and be with other aholes? 

The world will be a better place when these ahole baby boomers die off.

Sun City is just a mile or so west up Williams Drive from their neighborhood.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I mean, I was invited to the wedding of carol and richard but I declined due to the fact that I was friends with Carol's sister at the time and felt the invite was kinda weird since I had once dated her sister (we did remain good friends though).  And Carol was the absolute town whore at the time before she met Richard.   I mean like she made her sister sick to her stomach with the weird shit she did, the guys she'd bring home, the messes her sister had to drag her out of.  I remember once we had to pick Carol up at a rather unsavory part of town and she had shit her pants presumably from being so hammered on Zimas and ecstasy.  Turns out she had let two guys take turns on her asshole and things got messy.  Anyway, she never made good decisions and it seems like that's still holding up today with her crappy move on her neighbors with shithead husband, Richard.  Her sister is totally embarrassed by this story, as I would be too.  The family was pretty decent overall, but nice to see Carol met an equally fucked up moron in Richard and they spend their days trying to ruin other people's lives.  

Best wishes to this young boy and hope he makes out okay.  Hope we can all help in some small way.  but yeah, Carol has always been human filth.  

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

I heard Carol Gottleib's nickname in high school was "fingercuffs".

No, no...you misread my yearbook signature.  It was "Fistinmuffs"  

I fucking hate the idea of these communist HOAs. So much so that I have no fucking sympathy for people who buy into them, then complain when some geezer tries to enforce it. That’s sort of the whole fucking deal, and you agreed to it, and in fact paid a premium to live there. There wasn’t any exception for a dying kid. Follow the fucking rules and if the majority votes against it, well tough luck, you chose to pay money to live among nazis. If people stopped paying to live in these discriminatory hellholes, they’d disappear as the houses became unsellable. They should be abolished in my opinion so shit like this doesn’t happen.

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I fucking hate the idea of these communist HOAs. So much so that I have no fucking sympathy for people who buy into them, then complain when some geezer tries to enforce it. That’s sort of the whole fucking deal, and you agreed to it, and in fact paid a premium to live there. There wasn’t any exception for a dying kid. Follow the fucking rules and if the majority votes against it, well tough luck, you chose to pay money to live among nazis. If people stopped paying to live in these discriminatory hellholes, they’d disappear as the houses became unsellable. They should be abolished in my opinion so shit like this doesn’t happen.

That’s just like your opinion man...

What’s legal isn’t always moral and ethical. What’s moral and ethical isn’t always legal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I mean, I was invited to the wedding of carol and richard but I declined due to the fact that I was friends with Carol's sister at the time and felt the invite was kinda weird since I had once dated her sister (we did remain good friends though---me and Carole's sister).  And Carol was the absolute town whore at the time before she met Richard.   I mean like she made her sister sick to her stomach with the weird shit she did, the guys she'd bring home, the messes her sister had to drag her out of.  I remember once we had to pick Carol up at a rather unsavory part of town and she had shit her pants presumably from being so hammered on Zimas and ecstasy.  Turns out she had let two guys take turns on her asshole and things got messy.  Anyway, she never made good decisions and it seems like that's still holding up today with her crappy move on her neighbors with shithead husband, Richard.  Her sister is totally embarrassed by this story, as I would be too.  The family was pretty decent overall, but nice to see Carol met an equally fucked up moron in Richard and they spend their days trying to ruin other people's lives.  

Looks like you forgot to include the phrases "allegedly" or "If I am remembering correctly." Maybe start with a butt plug and work your way up to a three foot piece of rebar? Because these folks seem to like lawsuits.

I simply do not know to whom you are referring.  Carol and Richard O'Flaherty of Pocatello, Idaho.  That was the story, that's the family I am discussing here.  What the hell are you talking about?  I never once mentioned surnames, sibling given names, nor locations.  Just speaking about a few folks in a town I once knew.  

Edited by Lobo