Georgetown family faces lawsuit over playscape for terminally-ill son

purplepride95

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I simply do not know to whom you are referring.  Carol and Richard O'Flaherty of Pocatello, Idaho.  That was the story, that's the family I am discussing here.  What the hell are you talking about?  I never once mentioned surnames, sibling given names, nor locations.  Just speaking about a few folks in a town I once knew.  

O’Flaherty...Idaho

the story checks out 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I mean, I was invited to the wedding of carol and richard but I declined due to the fact that I was friends with Carol's sister at the time and felt the invite was kinda weird since I had once dated her sister (we did remain good friends though---me and Carole's sister).  And Carol was the absolute town whore at the time before she met Richard.   I mean like she made her sister sick to her stomach with the weird shit she did, the guys she'd bring home, the messes her sister had to drag her out of.  I remember once we had to pick Carol up at a rather unsavory part of town and she had shit her pants presumably from being so hammered on Zimas and ecstasy.  Turns out she had let two guys take turns on her asshole and things got messy.  Anyway, she never made good decisions and it seems like that's still holding up today with her crappy move on her neighbors with shithead husband, Richard.  Her sister is totally embarrassed by this story, as I would be too.  The family was pretty decent overall, but nice to see Carol met an equally fucked up moron in Richard and they spend their days trying to ruin other people's lives.  

Best wishes to this young boy and hope he makes out okay.  Hope we can all help in some small way.  but yeah, Carol has always been human filth.  

How many years ago was this since it’s already been determined that the Gottliebs are olds. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I simply do not know to whom you are referring.  Carol and Richard O'Flaherty of Pocatello, Idaho.  That was the story, that's the family I am discussing here.  What the hell are you talking about?  I never once mentioned surnames, sibling given names, nor locations.  Just speaking about a few folks in a town I once knew.  

You’ll hear from the O’Flaherty’s lawyer. 

So, the Gottleibs sued the Costas, but not the HOA, according to wilco records.

The only cause of action they might have seems to be nuisance, which seems like a big stretch.

Neighbors can't sue each other over HOA restrictions, can they?  Just the HOA for selective or non-enforcement?

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, the Gottleibs sued the Costas, but not the HOA, according to wilco records.

The only cause of action they might have seems to be nuisance, which seems like a big stretch.

Neighbors can't sue each other over HOA restrictions, can they?  Just the HOA for selective or non-enforcement?

Neighbors can sue to enforce deed restrictions so long as both properties are covered by the same deed restrictions.  

3 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Neighbors can sue to enforce deed restrictions so long as both properties are covered by the same deed restrictions.  

Shhhh, that's a dirty little secret. Is that the case everywhere? My neighborhood's documents have a specific clause that states "Each Owner is empowered to enforce the covenants in a legal manner." Or is that the default even if it's not stated? Fortunately nobody in my neighborhood has figured that out yet.

As for this particular case, the Costas claim that they got approval, in which case the Gottleibs' lawsuit would be completely full of shit. If their neighborhood restrictions merely require getting approval from the ARC and they got it, then the Gottleibs have no case, right?

Edited by Huckleberry

It would be interesting to see the petition, but wilco's system doesn't permit it.  I suppose it might if you are signed up for e-filing, but I'm not adding wilco to my portfolio of accounts.

Also, how are HOA's empowered generally?  A clause in the deed stating "governed by X HOA?"  I know most HOAs have bylaws and whatnot that really set out the rules and regulations.

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

I fucking hate the idea of these communist HOAs. So much so that I have no fucking sympathy for people who buy into them, then complain when some geezer tries to enforce it. That’s sort of the whole fucking deal, and you agreed to it, and in fact paid a premium to live there. There wasn’t any exception for a dying kid. Follow the fucking rules and if the majority votes against it, well tough luck, you chose to pay money to live among nazis. If people stopped paying to live in these discriminatory hellholes, they’d disappear as the houses became unsellable. They should be abolished in my opinion so shit like this doesn’t happen.

Did you read the part where the playscape was submitted for approval to the HOA before it was installed?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hornian said:

Did you read the part where the playscape was submitted for approval to the HOA before it was installed?

Yeah I’ll be interested to see if that’s true.if so they win. Obviously someone’s lying or there is what should be a easy to resolve miscommunication. 

Jesis Christ, what a bunch of bleeding gashes.  Here's a novel fucking idea.  Before you are allowed to sue someone (short of physical, bodily harm suits), you should be forced to sit down at a table and talk to them.  Like a fucking rational, normal person.  Get a mediator if you are too much of a poon to handle things yourself.  Approval was submitted through the HOA pre installation.  Even if there was a misunderstanding, I'm sure the HOA just fucking LOVES the media attention of the parents of a dying child being sued over a simple structure that brings this poor child some temporary measure of reprieve.

I'd tuck my son into bed.  Get him some comfortable ear muffs to help him sleep, them point my game-pro varmint call at my neighbors house and blast wounded rabbit noises all god damned night until they called the cops and I played dumb?  Noises?  Yeah, no.  I heard them too.  Like a rabbit being attacked or something?  

Bunch of litigious pussies.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There is a FB page for little Colton created by his mother.  She noted about the suit that they are not the only person in the neighborhood to be sued by this fucking neighbor.  A neighbor that knows about the condition of the boy.  Who indicated they (Costa family) should have run this past THEM first.  

So once gain, FUCK these hateful twats.  Kid just had a bone marrow transplant.  Something I hear is just LOADS of fucking fun, especially for a small child.  God damn everything, I hate this for the family.  My only hope is this brings positive attention to help the family and child.

47 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

If you do not want to live in a subdivision with an HOA it is your choice.

The rules are quite clear before you buy a house there. I have no issue with my HOA and I am glad the rules are enforced.

I live in GT but not in this subdivision.

Conform or be cast out! /RIP Neil Pert

• Like 5

13 hours ago, 'stache said:

I fucking hate the idea of these communist HOAs. So much so that I have no fucking sympathy for people who buy into them, then complain when some geezer tries to enforce it. That’s sort of the whole fucking deal, and you agreed to it, and in fact paid a premium to live there. There wasn’t any exception for a dying kid. Follow the fucking rules and if the majority votes against it, well tough luck, you chose to pay money to live among nazis. If people stopped paying to live in these discriminatory hellholes, they’d disappear as the houses became unsellable. They should be abolished in my opinion so shit like this doesn’t happen.

You abolish HOAs, and you just might find yourself living next to a pig farm a year after you buy your house.

Anyways, I really hope these Gottlieb nazis didn't know about the sick kid before they sued.

There are no other suits in Wilco filed by the Gottleibs (God may love them, but everyone else thinks they're assholes).

Also, according to Wilco district clerk, suit was filed 1/10 and citation issued 1/16 and has not been returned, indicating that the Costas perhaps have not been served formally.

There may be more to this than meets the eye.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

If you do not want to live in a subdivision with an HOA it is your choice.

The rules are quite clear before you buy a house there. I have no issue with my HOA and I am glad the rules are enforced.

I live in GT but not in this subdivision.

No one gives a fuck

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

You abolish HOAs, and you just might find yourself living next to a pig farm a year after you buy your house.

Anyways, I really hope these Gottlieb nazis didn't know about the sick kid before they sued.

One might hope that city codes and zoning would keep the pig farms out.  In Houston, maybe not so much.

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

According to the FB page of the mom, she indicated they first discussed the matter with the Gottliebs, who then made the earlier proclamation upon being told the HOA approval was received, that the Costa's should have requested approval from THEM as well.

SO fuck them.  They knew.  

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One might hope that city codes and zoning would keep the pig farms out.  In Houston, maybe not so much.

I live in a "neighborhood" that consists of 10-20 acre lots. No laws or zoning against pretty much anything. THe only thing that keeps my neighbors from pig farming, among other things, is our HOA.

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The Gottliebs really deserve a flaming bag of shit at their front door and someone to slap the shit out of them.  Fuck I hate people.  

There's an issue here with their lawyer.  Someone with some professional perspective should have had the "well, you can do that, but you're suing a family with a terminally ill child for building what looks like a pretty nice playscape.  The whole world will hate you" conversation with them.  Seriously, the fallout OUTSIDE OF COURT should be a conversation that a decent lawyer has with his client.

Either this guy didn't do so, or he didn't do a good job of it.  And as a result, he too is caught up in a shitstorm of unwise decisions.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's an issue here with their lawyer.  Someone with some professional perspective should have had the "well, you can do that, but you're suing a family with a terminally ill child for building what looks like a pretty nice playscape.  The whole world will hate you" conversation with them.  Seriously, the fallout OUTSIDE OF COURT should be a conversation that a decent lawyer has with his client.

Either this guy didn't do so, or he didn't do a good job of it.  And as a result, he too is caught up in a shitstorm of unwise decisions.

Play stupid games.  Win stupid prizes.  We are all accountable for our actions.  

18 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

No families with fat daughters?

mostly all bunch of grumpy olds. But thats fine, because I'm basically a grumpy old myself that for god damned sure doesn't want neighbors with pig farms, loud music, shooting guns, power tools after 8 pm, four wheelers on the roads, bright lights on at night, etc etc etc. I moved here because its quiet, dark at night, and rural. My HOA is supposed to keep it that way.

Of course, I may be an asshole, but i'm not a complete dick. if one of them had a terminally ill child, I would be ok with an overly large playscape.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

That's covered by zoning laws. HOAs are mostly over-aggressive NIMBYisms, many of which have racist origins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That's covered by zoning laws. HOAs are mostly over-aggressive NIMBYisms, many of which have racist origins.

As alluded to above, many places don't have zoning laws. In those areas I completely understand the need for HOAs. That's why I bought in one. Then it comes down to making sure they're not assholes. 

This story went viral nationwide pretty quick. These assholes chose poorly.

15 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

So one night I got pretty hammered and a buddy and I are at a bar. We were just hanging out throwing some darts and this crazy bitch came up and started bullshiting with us. Now sober, I'd have told the ugly bitch to fuck off, but I was young and drunk. Next thing I know this crazy bitch is offering to fuck us both, get this, in the bed of my buddies truck. Well, as some here know, I didn't make great choices when I used to drink so I'm all, why not?

That's were it takes a weird turn I'm not to proud to admit to. At first it was some kinky double penetration, which is on the borderline of behavior anytime. However, it didn't stop there. After I got my nut this crazy ho want a double anal treatment. For me and my friend that was definitely a bridge too far. So, being such a gentleman I offered a her little fisting action. Welp, one fist was not enough. Double fisting with some gape action was, well, just not pleasant even just providing the fist. I was out pretty quick, just too much for me, but then this crazy ho starts shitting herself in my buddies truck bed. Just all over. He threw her out of the truck bed, we jumped in and went straight to the car wash.

I remember just before we climbed in the car the crazy woman yelled, "You'll be back for more Carol action you pussies".

It was a strange night.

The Aristocrats!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This lawsuit is the kind of crap you run into when people have lost most of any reasonable perspective on life.

That playscape maybe up for a year at most but the memories will last a lifetime.

An interview with the plaintiff would be interesting. It’s a mind boggling situation given the current story.