Georgetown family faces lawsuit over playscape for terminally-ill son

purplepride95

27 minutes ago, Lou said:

I hate to be picky but I think the name of Carole Gottleib who is married to Richard Gottleib and lives in Georgetown, TX is spelled with an "e" on the end so it's not Carol Gottleib (Carol Gottleib with no "e") married to Richard Gottleib and living in Georgetown, Tx, but Carole Gottleib (Carole Gottleib with an "e") married to Richard Gottleib and living in Georgetown, Tx.  Also, according to the court filings, it's not Richard Gottlieb (Richard Gottlieb with the "i before e") and Carole Gottlieb ("Carole Gottlieb with the "i before e") living in Georgetown, Tx, but Richard Gottleib (Richard Gottleib with the "e before i") and Carole Gottleib (Carole Gottleib with the "e before i), living in Georgetown, Tx. 

Seems like I heard these people were involved in some sort of lawsuit.

No, no, no, you're not being picky.  That's why I asked the question, to get it right.

Richard and Carole Gottlieb living in Georgetown, TX

Richard and Carole Gottlieb living in Georgetown, TX

Ok, I think I got this -

Richard Gottlieb and Carole Gottlieb

1000 Lucinda Terrace

Georgetown, TX  78268

From looking at the photo of their property, and on a completely unrelated note, sure looks like a good area to operate a drone.  Sorry, I'm just rambling now.

• Like 1

I must say, I absolutely love living in an unincorporated neighborhood that has no HOA with a ton of ridiculously specific city ordinances and Nazi police force that’s mean to everyone but those of us who live here. I was not thrilled when we boroughs our house 15yrs ago, 

I mean, the people suck but now I wouldnt live anywhere else in this city

22 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

As our many surly barristers will attest, as will @blacklab no doubt, it costs $20K for an attorney to sneeze once you get into litigation.  

Yep, doesn't take much. One round of depositions could eat into that pretty quick.

Also, we're #1 in google for Richard and Carole, no need to keep on with the jokes/google bombing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

That's great, not only are we #1 for Richard and Carol, we're #1 for Bill and Carol

Five spots above this one:

www.bitchute.com › video

Jews Sue Georgetown Family Over Playscape For Terminally ...

11 hours ago - The lawsuit from Richard and Carol Gottlieb says installation of large objects, like a playground, must be approved by the Estrella Subdivisions ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I must say, I absolutely love living in an unincorporated neighborhood that has no HOA with a ton of ridiculously specific city ordinances and Nazi police force that’s mean to everyone but those of us who live here. I was not thrilled when we boroughs our house 15yrs ago, 

I mean, the people suck but now I wouldnt live anywhere else in this city

iirc you live in SA around or in the neighborhood I grew up in.  No HOA and really no need for one.

Moving back there in June.

Can't wait.

5 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Huh. 

I opened this thinking it was going to be an ironic situation where the city was citing some safety rules about how having a metal play set could cause the kid, who was going to die in a matter of weeks, to put his eye out.

We gotta get rid of that asshole, Greg Abbott.

I hate Abbott as much as the next guy, but the only things I know Abott truly hating are trees and homeless.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, I think they just got a little lesson on the power of the internet.  I hope nobody in their neighborhood ever talks to them again and gives them dirty looks when they drive by.

Wasn't just the internet - it was picked up by all the local news outlets (broadcast and newspaper), and was getting NATIONAL coverage.

This case will be a textbook example for lawyers to remind their clients/potential clients of when they want to do something foolish like [checks notes] sue a family for putting up a nice playscape for their terminally ill kid [shakes damn head, because it's still amazing to read when you see it all written out like that].  The plaintiffs' lives are WAY worse now than they were before they filed, and if pursuing a suit will make your life WORSE instead of BETTER....you shouldn't file it at all.

Edited by Brisketexan

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Huh. 

I opened this thinking it was going to be an ironic situation where the city was citing some safety rules about how having a metal play set could cause the kid, who was going to die in a matter of weeks, to put his eye out.

We gotta get rid of that asshole, Greg Abbott.

Take that to CR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wasn't just the internet - it was picked up by all the local news outlets (broadcast and newspaper), and was getting NATIONAL coverage.

My mom: You have horrible HOAs in Austin!

Me: It was Georgetown.

Definitely getting national coverage - came across stories from other states about it.

"According to the attorney for the Gottlieb family — who filed the lawsuit claiming the playscape their neighbors bought for their three-year-old was on their property — an order will be presented to the judge presiding over the case for a signature."

How was it on their Gottlieb's property?  I thought they were just bitching that it was line-of-sight, not to spec, etc.

Edited by atomheartbevo

this is all great news.  Carol's sister, Johanna O'Flaherty of Pocatello, Idaho will be most pleased things finally resolved themselves back in Texas.  I mean, we know nothing of this stuff in Georgetown University of South America.  But high five those that help young children suffering.  We wouldn't know anything about whores being shamed into dropping frivolous claims.  

I’d like to think the costa family.  After this unnecessary puffery, would approach the gottturds and try and break a little bread.  Life is too short to have shitty neighbors.  Life is too short to hold on to hate.  Meet the kid.  Play with him.  Try d understand what they are going through.  Jesus Christ.  This is a modern day Charles Dickens novel.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I’d like to think the costa family.  After this unnecessary puffery, would approach the gottturds and try and break a little bread.  Life is too short to have shitty neighbors.  Life is too short to hold on to hate.  Meet the kid.  Play with him.  Try d understand what they are going through.  Jesus Christ.  This is a modern day Charles Dickens novel.  

The Gottleibs are in their 70s.  By the time you're that old, you are who you are.  They're shitty people and they will remain shitty people until they take their final breaths.   The Costas should just ignore them from here on out.  The odds that they'll bitch about something else to the HOA, like their yard or leaving their car in the driveway instead of the garage or the kid leaving toys in the front yard, is 100% at the minimum.  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The Gottleibs are in their 70s.  By the time you're that old, you are who you are.  They're shitty people and they will remain shitty people until they take their final breaths.   The Costas should just ignore them from here on out.  The odds that they'll bitch about something else to the HOA, like their yard or leaving their car in the driveway instead of the garage or the kid leaving toys in the front yard, is 100% at the minimum.  

Dumb cheap fucks don't have the over 65 exemption on their property, either.

9 hours ago, Updawg said:

The asshole was on the news earlier. Ole dick said the only reason he dropped the lawsuit was because he knew he wouldn't get a fair jury. Serious asshole.

Are you fucking shitting me.  What the actual fuck.  "Fair jury" my ass.  What a pair of utter and complete assholes.  I hope they fully reap what they have sown.  

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Are you fucking shitting me.  What the actual fuck.  "Fair jury" my ass.  What a pair of utter and complete assholes.  I hope they fully reap what they have sown.  

As if any jury would vote against a playground for a terminally ill child, especially when it's on their own fucking property

• Like 1