Georgetown family faces lawsuit over playscape for terminally-ill son

purplepride95

9 hours ago, Updawg said:

The asshole was on the news earlier. Ole dick said the only reason he dropped the lawsuit was because he knew he wouldn't get a fair jury. Serious asshole.

Yeah, because this lawsuit was most definitely destined to go to trial. Sounds like the guy's just a narcissist. 

11 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Hopefully these heartless assholes do not have children. If they do, hopefully the children stopped talking to them a long time ago. I'd disown my parents if they were as shitty of human beings as these dickwads.

Odds are they either don't have kids....or they have kids who they most likely raised to be exactly like them.

The world is full of unreasonable, unkind people.  

• Like 1

If they do have kids I could see them cutting off ties with these assholes.

The guy had zero remorse and seemed proud of his suit, just realized he was destined to lose and didn't drop it because of bullying

Around the 1 minute mark

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/neighbors-to-drop-lawsuit-over-georgetown-familys-playscape/

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

The guy had zero remorse and seemed proud of his suit, just realized he was destined to lose and didn't drop it because of bullying

Around the 1 minute mark

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/neighbors-to-drop-lawsuit-over-georgetown-familys-playscape/

If he were an ice cream flavor, he’d be pralines and dick 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

Around the 1 minute mark

At the end it says that these Gottleib assholes "had not given up on their fight entirely" and wanted to "give the Costa family some time to better hide their playscape" before "considering to refile another lawsuit". 

"Better hide the playscape"....wtf!?!?  Please re-file assholes, you didn't learnt the first time obviously. 

20 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I want to punch that fuck stick in the face.  

I say put a fucking spot light on the playscape so bright you can see it from space.  

Maybe they can paint it with some glow in the dark paint?

What makes this asshat think he should never have to see the play structure?  

I think @Beau Vine hit on the correct solution earlier. The Costas need to work with the Gottleibs' back fence neighbor who doesn't live in an HOA from what I can tell. They need to see if those guys are willing to put a big pink inflatable gorilla on this shed/garage roof:

image.png.6195636896992f8372770f4b4a9fe410.png

image.png.918aab47f62a276d88234dcb0ac1678c.png

Counterpoint would be that those back fence neighbors are also probably olds who live in Williamson County.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, Leeroy Jenkins said:

They have dropped the lawsuit.  

They still suck ass

in that article, it seems like their complains boil down to the playscape "ruining their view."  What the fuck view do they have that is being ruined?  this is their fucking house.  there is no view other than wilco suburbia hell.  pricks.

https://goo.gl/maps/2zTvZ9be5pRAuRRt7

plus, their house is painted an ugly ass dark pink.  fuck off with your complaints about anyone else's aesthetic choices.

Edited by sidis

1 minute ago, sidis said:

in that article, it seems like their complains boil down to the playscape "ruining their view."  What the fuck view do they have that is being ruined?  this is their fucking house.  there is no view other than wilco suburbia hell.  pricks.

Maybe the lady in the house on the other side leaves the bathroom windowshade open when she showers?

MV5BMTBkODViYjktZjdjNS00MjhjLWJiYjItOTRh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AustinJane said:

Hopefully to build a bigger, more obnoxious playset for Colton, with neon colors, and a drum set for good measure.

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

One of you talented mofos should make a come and take it T-shirt with the playscape on it. Those bitches would sell like hot cakes.

Donate the proceeds of the t-shirt to buying the little guy a go-kart of some sort.

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

plus, their house is painted an ugly ass dark pink.  fuck off with your complaints about anyone else's aesthetic choices.

You're talking about Richard Gottlieb of Georgetown, Texas, who moved to an area with an airport, then bitched about the airport noise and the airport expanding.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Education
Texas Tech University School of Law  (J.D., 2005)
The University of Texas at Austin  (B.A., 2000)

Y’all know he posts here. He just has to. 

Is the complaint less than 600 pages or 300,000 words? If so, we can probably rule out Brisket. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Education
Texas Tech University School of Law  (J.D., 2005)
The University of Texas at Austin  (B.A., 2000)

Y’all know he posts here. He just has to. 

I have to think he didnt know about the whole picture. This will cost him business. Or maybe it gains him business, what do I know. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

So was it approved or not? Seems like an easy fact to verify.

Yeah, that continues to puzzle me, especially since both parties seem to be on the HOA.

I developed a theory:  because Dick states that it has to go before an "architectural review board," I bet the HOA no longer has one or never had one as the entire development seems to be new construction.  The HOA probably approved, but didn't submit it to the nonexistent review board.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

I have to think he didnt know about the whole picture. This will cost him business. Or maybe it gains him business, what do I know. 

Yeah, there never seems to be a lack of demand for complete asshole lawyers.  See, e.g. Larry Friedman and Bickle and Brewer.  And Chris Weil if you're a Dallas lawyer of a certain vintage.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that continues to puzzle me, especially since both parties seem to be on the HOA.

I developed a theory:  because Dick states that it has to go before an "architectural review board," I bet the HOA no longer has one or never had one as the entire development seems to be new construction.  The HOA probably approved, but didn't submit it to the nonexistent review board.

Could be that, or it could be that the HOA approved it but he voted against it.

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Could be that, or it could be that the HOA approved it but he voted against it.

I mean yeah, but if those facts were known, it would bar a lawsuit.

Under both my theory and the theory that he lost before the HOA, it would seem that the HOA would be the proper defendant, not the neighbor.

But maybe it's just total asshattery all around.  Factual, legal, Gottleibs, the whole schmear.

Muh viewwwwwwwzzz!

Edited by TwiceHorn

My guess regarding the HOA approval.  Plans submitted to HOA for approval.  Plans don't conform to the deed restrictions.  HOA approves plans but doesn't technically follow the procedure for granting a variance.  Dick, being a former board member and all around no value added do gooder, knows the variance does not meet the letter of the deed restrictions and sue neighbors for non-conforming playscape.  The wrath of the entire world comes down on Dick and Carole.  Carole cries for 3 days straight because her Dick is a dick.  Dick, reluctantly because he is right, drops the case.

20 hours ago, LoneStarBiker said:

At the end it says that these Gottleib assholes "had not given up on their fight entirely" and wanted to "give the Costa family some time to better hide their playscape" before "considering to refile another lawsuit". 

"Better hide the playscape"....wtf!?!?  Please re-file assholes, you didn't learnt the first time obviously. 

I'd use the GoFundMe $$ to buy a big ass tree and have it moved right next to the playscape.