Texas at WVU - 6 PM TONIGHT on ESPNU

VinyVango

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Not disagreeing with you, as Shaka should be embarrassed by his coaching performance, but professional referees should also be embarrassed for being so easily manipulated and for not being consistent and objective. Even @Pancho has admitted that refs are susceptible to being worked.

agreed.  these guys aren't professionals they are "slapdick" high school guys that decided they were willing to travel.  

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Never thought I would see the day when I wish we still had Barnes... he needed to go, but good god, Shaka was a complete abortion

Bill Self had a quote about Barnes' teams (keeping in mind that Barnes' teams were tougher on both Roy and Self's KU teams than any other coach/team in the league) where he said something like, "You're always in for a fight when you play Texas. They're the most physical team in our league, and they don't stop coming at you." even the Wangmene's and Lammert's and Atchley's would go hard against KU, and any other opponent for that matter. Losing that identity of toughness and replacing it with a camp counselor "everyone is great!" mentality has been brutal. just brutal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Why are some of you guys so outraged? Is this the first Texas game you've watched in the last 4 years?

Nope. Just wondering why I continue to support this university when this is the product we put out there. We have known for multiple years this dude was a fraud and yet here we are, like clockwork. Our AD is a fucking pussy. 

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Why are some of you guys so outraged? Is this the first Texas game you've watched in the last 4 years?

because anyone who is still following this program or watching this game must really give a shit about Texas basketball, and this program is fucking bullshit under Shaka and we're pissed about it. 

also, why is the king of inane posting asking why anyone else does anything?

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

465ef16462e8c6dfbf3560a5391470ca.gif

But seriously, no rage here. Kinda having fun with it, tbh. There's no longer any doubt that this is Shaka's last season and that makes me happy.

This is exactly where I'm at.  This just confirms the ouster.  

465ef16462e8c6dfbf3560a5391470ca.gif

But seriously, no rage here. Kinda having fun with it, tbh. There's no longer any doubt that this is Shaka's last season and that makes me happy.

You sure it's his last season? We thought that last year, hell we raised the money to cove rhis buyout and our pussy AD balked. 

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

to be honest I more pissed at Patterson, Perrin and CDC.  They are the ones who had the opportunity to prevent this.  Shaka is going to cash checks until we fire him.  I'd do the same.

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We thought that last year, hell we raised the money to cove rhis buyout and our pussy AD balked. 

Negative. A few unrealistic posters here thought (i.e., were blindly hoping) Shaka was gone last year, but the general consensus was that he was coming back for at least one more season.

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

because anyone who is still following this program or watching this game must really give a shit about Texas basketball, and this program is fucking bullshit under Shaka and we're pissed about it. 

also, why is the king of inane posting asking why anyone else does anything?

Why don't you fuck yourself you worthless sack of shit?

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Negative. A few unrealistic posters here thought (i.e., were blindly hoping) Shaka was gone last year, but the general consensus was that he was coming back for at least one more season.

So our AD is a pussy? Because nothing happening this year wasnt made crystal clear last year. We knew this would happen. So did our AD but he was afraid.... wonder why

So our AD is a pussy? Because nothing happening this year wasnt made crystal clear last year. We knew this would happen. So did our AD but he was afraid.... wonder why

A pussy? Can't say as I've never met him.

I think he's a businessman. Getting rid of Shaka last year was too expensive. It's still going to be very costly this year, too, but it seems Shaka doesn't have any rope left.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

A pussy? Can't say as I've never met him.

I think he's a businessman. Getting rid of Shaka last year was too expensive. It's still going to be very costly this year, too, but it seems Shaka doesn't have any rope left.

So you dont fire an incompetent cancer in your company when you are the richest school in the country... because it will cost you a few million dollars? Are you serious? 

52 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we are a bunch of pussies.  reflection of this coach.

When you really boil it all down this is really the tale of the tape for the entire Shake era. None of the other shit such as prioritizing 3pt shooting, offensive scheming, or the lack there of really matters. This is college basketball afterall,  and if you watch enough games you come to the conclusion that even the best college teams suck immensely offensively for a significant period of every game. However there's really no coming back from infusing your team with a pussy mentality. And when it comes to fielding a team full of pussies, the cup runneth over for the entire Shaka tenure. 

The muthafucker essentially gave up against Duke a few years back. Looking to the bench after Bamba and Sims fouled and deciding to go with *checks notes*** Eric fucking Davis as your second big against the likes of Wendell Carter and Bagley was a pure fucking pussy ass give up. Especially when you had James Banks sitting on the bench. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

What are the odds that Shaka is fired tonight? I mean it is crystal fucking clear this dude is not the answer and no amount of damage from firing midseason can even compare to the irreversible damage he is doing to this team, this fanbase, and this university on a daily basis by showing up to work. 

Oh, I wouldn't exactly call it work, Bob. 

• Like 4

So you dont fire an incompetent cancer in your company when you are the richest school in the country... because it will cost you a few million dollars? Are you serious? 

I don't have access to the books. But being rational, I assume they weighed the cost of firing and replacing him versus the loss in revenue if he stayed another year and then was fired/replaced and decided to ride it out. Hoops isn't nearly the cash cow that football is.

There's also the chance that the replacement they wanted might not have been available. Again, I don't really know the answer; I can only speculate.

Since you feel so strongly about it, why are you writing me? Send an email to CDC. Better yet, cut a check.

Guys I’m not going to lie, as a fan of the top basketball school in the country I am willing to write CDC a letter pleading for this fucking misery to end. Shaka isn’t robbing UT, he is flat out raping UT.  He legit doesn’t care about developing kids’ skills, developing young men, or winning a fucking game. Please make it stop. 

I don’t know when the last time i saw a coach fired for performance in the middle of the basketball season but Shaka needs to go. Like tomorrow. 

outside of writing a check, let me know what o can do to help. Our entire conference is getting ass fucked by this clown.