PC Virtual Memory problems?

BNB

I play games on android emulators and both (Bluestacks and Gameloop) keep telling me I'm running low on Virtual Memory and crashing lately.

I have 32gb of ram and I think the most I have seen used is 15?

I have my c drive ssd with 40gb free, and have another ide drive with 100gb free?

Thanks for the help

From my understanding, virtual memory is just a file location on the hard drive that is used to store frequently accessed data. You can expand that file, but you may want to see if you can find out what is using it. For 32 bit systems, I believe the file size is set at 2GB. For 64 bit systems, 4GB.

Here is a pretty good article on Virtual Memory:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcworld.com/article/2840886/if-windows-virtual-memory-is-too-low-you-can-increase-it-but-there-are-trade-offs.amp.html

I'm running latest gameloop and bluestacks,  I play Rise of Kingdoms and CoD Mobile.

I bought 16gb more memory for my xmas present so I could hopefully run those at the same time and chrome...

I have a i7 8700 and 1650 gtx.  

200gb ssd with 40gb free.

I tried to play around with the page file, but didn't know what I was doing, been a long time.

I set it back to Windows handling it, it seems like it happened most when Season 3 of Call Of Duty Mobile came out, so I don't know if there is an issue with that.

Thanks

On 1/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, BNB said:

I'm running latest gameloop and bluestacks,  I play Rise of Kingdoms and CoD Mobile.

I bought 16gb more memory for my xmas present so I could hopefully run those at the same time and chrome...

I like Chrome, but anytime it is open, performance on Firefox slows to a mega crawl. I find it hard to believe that Chrome simply uses a lot of memory. I think it's somehow jacking with Firefox. Probably not your problem, but who knows what else Google is up to. That said, streaming on Chrome is much smoother than FF