Casual fan who's wondering how/why Texas hoops is so dreadful? Watch this video.

Goo Punch

I genuinely feel bad for the players. They aren't playing well, or smart, and they absolutely gave up in the first half tonight, but all that falls back to their coach.

It's Shaka's job to teach, discipline, and inspire, and though he might temporarily/occasionally be good at the third with his generic aphorisms and exhortations, it's long been clear that he's an utter failure at the first two.

No matter how much you pump up your athletes, that confidence and emotion are going to evaporate when they step onto the court without a coherent understanding of what needs to be done, especially against teams that do have discipline and a plan.

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I genuinely feel bad for the players. They aren't playing well, or smart, and they absolutely gave up in the first half tonight, but all that falls back to their coach.

It's Shaka's job to teach, discipline, and inspire, and though he might temporarily/occasionally be good at the third with his generic aphorisms and exhortations, it's long been clear that he's an utter failure at the first two.

No matter how much you pump up your athletes, that confidence and emotion are going to evaporate when they step onto the court without a coherent understanding of what needs to be done, especially against teams that do have discipline and a plan.

Thats why the navy seal thing is a red flag.  It is supposed to show that you value discipline but it means nothing.  Real discipline comes in practice and games, you know like, when actual shit is on the line.

I can not believe he didn't take at least 1 T in that game if not 2.   my guess is he knew it wouldn't matter because he has instilled complete softness in this program.

Players no longer respect Shaka, and aren't listening to his "nice guy" motivational Everyone Gets a Trophy SHIT anymore...  Agree that CDC should fire Shakalaka no later than Feb 3rd after another humiliating 30+ point loss on National TV to Kansas!!

Let Coach Yak be interim for the last 9+ games of the season and give these players a much better Head Coach that provides real leadership!!

Edited by LTtxfan

if CDC cared about the players and program he'd fire Shaka now and see if it motivates them at all to get to .500 in conf.  I think it would be unlikely but it is their only chance. Of course we probably owe him an extra 3.2 if we fire him before the end of the season.

The irony is that the simplest offense -- dribble penetration by the guards, followed by a kick out to the perimeter or a pass to a big who happens to have wandered into the paint and is open -- has been shown to work.  I mean, it works FOR US.  Not some theoretical assemblage of guys, not Michigan State, but THE TEXAS LONGHORNS.  It works when we do it, at least as much as one could reasonably expect.

A decent pick now and again wouldn't suck, either.  We have to set the worst picks in all of college basketball.  It's criminal how we'll go up against some patsy that we're bound to beat yet they're coached to do the basics and we aren't.