This Year's NFL Draft Will Take Place On the Water in Vegas

Vic Mackey

9 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I read that NFL will require about 23 days to construct the stage and whatnot. 

Yep, going to to divert strip traffic to a 2 lane street and shut down construction on the North end. It's gonna be a cluster.

Just for this I am hoping for an unsuspected torrential rainstorm, dust storm, or a plague of locusts to descend upon the festivities.  The NFL is getting too cute.  I can just hear the marketing folks playing this up and using the latest buzzwords to get this across the line.

I see the point in having it in Vegas to get the excitement coming for the upcoming season in Vegas.  Makes you worry on what they will do once the season gets here.  Will the latest house magician make the team suddenly appear out of thin air?  Tumble in like Cirque Soliel acrobats? Maybe heralded in with topless showgirls?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I like how it's a pontoon boat. I mean that's probably the most logical choice for this idiocracy given the open deck layout, but still in the artist rendering couldn't they draw something more badass.

I'd bet the Bellagio fountain pool is less than 42" deep and pontoon boats are needed to not mess up the fountain show equipment.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I like how it's a pontoon boat. I mean that's probably the most logical choice for this idiocracy given the open deck layout, but still in the artist rendering couldn't they draw something more badass.

Pontoon Boat?

What are they going to do with a Pontoon Boat?

Retake Omaha Beach?