Oprah backs out of #MeToo Documentary on Russel Simmons

Neonmoon

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-01-16/oprah-russell-simmons-documentary-sundance-kirby-dick-amy-ziering

Yeah...I’m not buying her excuse. I think the black community was none too happy that Oprah was letting two white directors take down Russel Simmons for rape. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/17/movies/oprah-winfrey-russell-simmons-movie.html

Ms. Winfrey said that she still believed Ms. Dixon, though she also thought there were inconsistencies in her account that the film had not adequately addressed, in addition to other issues she had with the film. (The filmmakers say they have voluminous research files corroborating all the women’s accounts.)

Surprised Oprah isn’t catching more shit from this. I guess she is since she is currently on a PR tour on the news and talk shows about her pullout. That’s what you do when you did something wrong. Fuck her 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Someone needs to post a chart with the hierarchy so everyone knows who gets the benefit of the doubt in every possible situation

1. Sexual Assault Victims Friends of Oprah 

2. High profile members of the black community 

3. sexual assault victims 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Someone needs to post a chart with the hierarchy so everyone knows who gets the benefit of the doubt in every possible situation

I was initially doubting the claim when I thought it was against Richard Simmons.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ve got no problem with this. Oprah can do whatever the fuck she wants. She’s the most powerful woman on Earth. And she’s also smart as shit. If she wants to back away from this, for whatever reason, I’m okay with it. 

Filmmakers will still have the ability to release the film correct?

No one has a problem with what she does necessarily, but might have a problem with her motives. 
as a woman who has publicly campaigned against rape whilst sharing (and profiting) from her own story of sexual assault, it seems a bit hypocritical to refuse to speak out against a notorious rapist in the supposed wake of #metoo. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Meh, whatever. I don’t know her motivations and at many points in our lifetimes we are all hypocrites. 

...we are all not the “most powerful woman on Earth” either and didn’t get that way by hawking our femininity and moral superiority. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes. If I missed something that’s obvious and something unfortunate happened, then I’m truly sorry. 

Look man, if you’re into turning shit personal and trying a troll job, I not going to take the bait

Edited by Doc Reeves

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ve got no problem with this. Oprah can do whatever the fuck she wants. She’s the most powerful woman on Earth. And she’s also smart as shit. If she wants to back away from this, for whatever reason, I’m okay with it. 

Filmmakers will still have the ability to release the film correct?

disgusted colin farrell GIF

27 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Did Russell Simmons me too you or your wife/girlfriend?

will smith no GIF

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Absolutely that is not what I’m doing. It seems I’ve touched a nerve and I can assure you that wasn’t the intent. If you’ve had some traumatic deal in your family, I really am sorry. 

I am confused. 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

37 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Okay. You seem to really care. I don’t. Have at her pal!

If you don't care, why are you posting on this thread?  You seem to approach life with laissez faire attitude, which is fine.  Feel free to use your free will to stop posting in a thread that you claim to not care about.

O caught a lot of shit behind MJ and was getting heat about Russell because she has been so silent about certain types and their issues.

She can say there was no pressure but c’mon Oprah. That MJ film wouldn’t have been made if he was still alive. Showing you just how convenient her crusade for the truth really is.

• Like 1