Kansas/Kansas St Brawl

Victorious1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I don't see the stomping on the person down on the ground.  When in the video is it and where in the frame?  

Good news for Shaka, a depleted KSU squad should be an easy win for us in a couple weeks.  

This guy goes down:

image.png.46d7bc512108556f04c2cb4fb206e01a.png

And then they're "stomping on him" around here while Sousa gets a chair/stool:

image.png.e5efb7aade4498239db6ce306a514210.png

I only see one possible stomp and one punch thrown at him by the KU guys while he's on the ground.

10 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Felt bad for the disabled guy in the very back row who looked like he was trying to hit reverse on his wheelchair as shit starting rumbling towards him. Luckily the fight missed him to the right, that could have been worse. Can see him to the left of DeSouza here:

gty-1201072388.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1&zo

REVERSE TERRY! REVERSE!!!

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I don't see the stomping on the person down on the ground.  When in the video is it and where in the frame?  

Good news for Shaka, a depleted KSU squad should be an easy win for us in a couple weeks.  

The reverse angle from right next to the action shows that its actually McCormmack and he is stepping up onto the elevated surface and then stepping over a knocked down chair.  That is the only good thing to come of this, potentially.

If ESPN is right then the season is over and next year is going to be garbage as well.  McCormmack and Garrett are the core of the team next season.

And this is the "student-athlete" that Kansas spent so much time and effort trying to get eligible.  What a fucking joke of a university.

Hopefully this gets the NCAA off their ass and they take a harder look at what’s going on in Lawrence. This type of stuff is “bad for business”.

3 hours ago, d2o said:

Both teams and coaching staffs need to be HAMMERED with suspensions.    Sousa should be done for the yr for grabbing the chair.    The kid in street clothes should be done for a yr whenever he is ready to play.    Both coaches should get at least a game for having no control over their teams.    Anyone that was in the scrum should get a game or two.  Depending on what they did in the scrum after reviewing the vid many should get more games.    Anyone that left the bench but didnt get into the scrum should get a game.  If it means you have to forfeit a game or two then so be it.  Fuck that rotating suspension shit.      That was crazy dangerous.   It was reported that the area they were in was for disabled fans.   Thank God none of the players fell on any of them and hurt them.

Not just hammered with suspensions, but the players instigating the brawl including Sousa and the kid in street clothes should be banned from ever playing another NCAA basketball game.  Totally unacceptable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Bruce Weber's response was a pretty beautiful combination of "boys will be boys," "nothing to see here/no one got hurt," "we have good kids," "life lessons," and "I actually didn't even see it."

All with a weird mark on his chin that looked like an injury.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

And this is the "student-athlete" that Kansas spent so much time and effort trying to get eligible.  What a fucking joke of a university.

There needs to be something viable for prospective professional basketball players between the NBA and AAU, but college basketball is not that thing. Universities prostitute themselves in any number of ways to compete at the highest level of college athletics, but the fact that this kid was ever a) eligible to play college basketball and b) admitted to Kansas as a student is the height of that kind of perversion. 

It's a total "basketball program with a university attached to it" situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

There needs to be something viable for prospective professional basketball players between the NBA and AAU, but college basketball is not that thing. Universities prostitute themselves in any number of ways to compete at the highest level of college athletics, but the fact that this kid was ever a) eligible to play college basketball and b) admitted to Kansas as a student is the height of that kind of perversion. 

It's a total "basketball program with a university attached to it" situation. 

Bingo.  Closest thing to SEC football that there is. 

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

It's cute that you count anything as a easy win for this Texas team. 

1 hour ago, Stella Link said:

Not just hammered with suspensions, but the players instigating the brawl including Sousa and the kid in street clothes should be banned from ever playing another NCAA basketball game.  Totally unacceptable.  

Yeah, I'm sure Kansas is real concerned with the NCAA doing anything to them. They proved they are untouchable and the NCAA is an impotent organization with it's mouth firmly attached to the only tit that makes them money. 

Big man suspended indefinitely. 

"I have suspended Silvio De Sousa indefinitely pending the final outcome of the review by KU and the Big 12 Conference," Self said in his statement. "As I said last night, we are disappointed in his actions and there is no place in the game for that behavior."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28538390/jayhawks-silvio-de-sousa-suspended-indefinitely-role-brawl-kansas-state

"I have suspended Silvio De Sousa indefinitely pending the final outcome of the review by KU and the Big 12 Conference," Self said in his statement. "As I said last night, we are disappointed in his actions and there is no place in the game for that behavior."
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28538390/jayhawks-silvio-de-sousa-suspended-indefinitely-role-brawl-kansas-state
LOL at Self.

He was there and saw what happened. Should have done the right thing and make it where an investigation isnt really needed concerning De Sousa and kicked his dumb ass off the team.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Felt bad for the disabled guy in the very back row who looked like he was trying to hit reverse on his wheelchair as shit starting rumbling towards him. Luckily the fight missed him to the right, that could have been worse. Can see him to the left of DeSouza here:

gty-1201072388.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1&zo

Is that a chair?

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

LOL at Self.

He was there and saw what happened. Should have done the right thing and make it where an investigation isnt really needed concerning De Sousa and kicked his dumb ass off the team.

Silvio knows things... due process.  Once they reach a financial settlement, it'll be agreed upon both parties to amicably split. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BERT said:

It's cute that you count anything as a easy win for this Texas team. 

I once saw an Ohio State team with two top-ten NBA draft picks in the starting lineup lose to a Minnesota team that had days earlier lost five scholarship players and their head coach to a rape scandal. Nothing is an easy win for a team in a death spiral. Which we may, or may not, be. I certainly wouldn't count a single game on the schedule as a guaranteed win at this point.

56 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Who is in charge of the review? Larry? Moe? Curly?

4 hours ago, Jhawk said:

The reverse angle from right next to the action shows that its actually McCormmack and he is stepping up onto the elevated surface and then stepping over a knocked down chair.  That is the only good thing to come of this, potentially.

If ESPN is right then the season is over and next year is going to be garbage as well.  McCormmack and Garrett are the core of the team next season.

Yeah, KU might have passed the Point of Know Return.

• Like 1