Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I think UDFAs are going to have a difficult time making rosters this year. Limited practice and meeting opportunities will make it an uphill battle. 

i was wondering about this too. ufda camp is usually next week, then rookie camp.

teams should be able to keep 12 practice rosters guys and the entire roster suits up on game day. 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i was wondering about this too. ufda camp is usually next week, then rookie camp.

teams should be able to keep 12 practice rosters guys and the entire roster suits up on game day. 

I never understood why you have a 53 man roster with 7 inactive for games. You think if they wanted to help with injuries, they wouldn't force teams to keep healthy players inactive for games.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

my only thought - it helps keep guys from hitting their service time ?

It’s more to level the playing field, injury-wise. If Team A has 7 injured players and their opponent, Team B, only has 2, Team A would be at a disadvantage with fewer players available to play. 

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

BOB has shown zero ability to take developmental guys and make them contributors. The last two picks are developmental guys when there were more NFL ready players available. GM BOB is out thinking HC BOB.

The reason BOB chews through draft capital so much is because he takes too many developmental guys that don't develop. You could go back and look at all the picks from the past 3-4 drafts that are not only off the team but also out of the league.

Are you telling me the Aggy walkon taken in the 7th round didn’t develop into a starter?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s more to level the playing field, injury-wise. If Team A has 7 injured players and their opponent, Team B, only has 2, Team A would be at a disadvantage with fewer players available to play. 

They could elevate players from their practice squad to get back to 53 for that week?

10 hours ago, Bevo said:

Looking at the RI wide receiver film, I don't see how he could make an NFL roster. What were his combine numbers? On film, he looked to have average speed, average agility, average quickness, and good size.

He had the 10th-fastest 40 time (4.45) of the WRs at 6’3”/190...

ESPN saying Stills might be a trade candidate or possibly Texans cut him:

Houston Texans

Wide receiver Kenny Stills

It's admittedly naive to try to apply typical NFL logic to what the Texans will do, but after signing Randall Cobb and trading for Brandin Cooks, the Texans are now paying Stills $7 million to serve as the fourth wideout. None of that money is guaranteed, so they could either try to force Stills to take a pay cut, release him or find a trade partner for the 28-year-old.

It flew under the radar, but the Packers didn't add a wide receiver to help Aaron Rodgers during the draft; Stills would be a logical addition.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29101985/32-nfl-players-most-likely-cut-traded-2020-nfl-draft

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

ESPN saying Stills might be a trade candidate or possibly Texans cut him:

Houston Texans

Wide receiver Kenny Stills

It's admittedly naive to try to apply typical NFL logic to what the Texans will do, but after signing Randall Cobb and trading for Brandin Cooks, the Texans are now paying Stills $7 million to serve as the fourth wideout. None of that money is guaranteed, so they could either try to force Stills to take a pay cut, release him or find a trade partner for the 28-year-old.

It flew under the radar, but the Packers didn't add a wide receiver to help Aaron Rodgers during the draft; Stills would be a logical addition.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29101985/32-nfl-players-most-likely-cut-traded-2020-nfl-draft

Lulz, just trade them Cobb.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

1-6 going into the BYE. A real owner, would fire the coach at that point.

My thought exactly...1-6 into the bye.  But remember, BOB stated in the Chronicle it will "now" take three years to get the team in a championship position.  Already making excuses.  

My thought exactly...1-6 into the bye.  But remember, BOB stated in the Chronicle it will "now" take three years to get the team in a championship position.  Already making excuses.  

Wow I missed that. I guess he just needs time to run off Watson

The Texans aren’t starting 1-6. Baltimore and KC are very good but no other team in the schedule is predicted to have double digit wins. This team is not great but it’s not bad either. You guys act like we’re the Browns or the Bengals. 

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The Texans aren’t starting 1-6. Baltimore and KC are very good but no other team in the schedule is predicted to have double digit wins. This team is not great but it’s not bad either. You guys act like we’re the Browns or the Bengals. 

This time last year the Browns were going to the Super Bowl...

Five Teams That Got Screwed by the 2020 NFL Schedule

Houston Texans

Bill O’Brien has pulled his teams out of big holes before, but the beginning of their 2020 season is an absolute gauntlet: at Chiefs, Ravens, at Steelers, Vikings, Jaguars, at Titans, Packers. If things go horrifically wrong (and, given the team’s rocky offseason, would that be a surprise?) it wouldn’t be a total stunner to see Houston with only two or three wins heading into their Week 8 bye. A schedule realignment might help matters but Houston will also be battling a division that improved this offseason with the Colts adding Philip Rivers. Houston split the series with the Colts last year, with each game decided by three points. It’s difficult to argue that the Colts did not get demonstrably better this offseason, while the Texans have treaded water at best. At worst, they got rid of one of the best receivers of his generation.

(Other 4 were 49ers, Tampa, Cowboys and J-E-T-S)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/08/nfl-schedule-49ers-buccaneers-screwed 

On 5/9/2020 at 3:24 PM, Brothahorn said:

3629644e69792aa52d44adeab7a1e62d.jpg

This team will not only have a losing season but will have one of the shittiest records. Shithead is not close to being able to coach his way out of this mess, that he created. Chin has set the whole organization back at least 5 years.

And then MIAMI gets top 5 pick next year!