Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

40-42 mil per year for Watson.  I'd be surprised if it's that much.  
Sounds like a disaster about to unfold...

If I'm Deshaun, I take less annually, but fully guaranteed, with the understanding that the reduced annual money is to go to putting together a top 10 OL, so the guaranteed money makes sense and i get a good OL.

4 years, 120/ all g'd. + 2 player options at $35MM and $45MM.

6/200, all G'd from the player perspective. if the player outplays in years 1-4, he has an out to go get another huge contract, or he can roll for another 2/80.

cap friendly for the team and a bargain on an annual basis... saves the team 9mm per year and backloads...

only downside is injury... player gets paid to rehab.

i don't know if this passes the cba or not, but i don't see why it wouldn't.
  • Like 1

You think they will lose at home to the Jags and Packers? I think they come out of that stretch 2-5 or 3-4 and are left for dead by national media, only to go on a tear and compete for the division again where 10-6 might win it. 

Ok, Jags are a toss up.

Packers? Aaron Rodgers against that secondary? Plus, how are we going to score points? Are we going to be a running team now? Fuller, Stills and the other guy can’t stay healthy. The most consistent receiving threat is a TE. I fee sorry for Watson.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

You think they will lose at home to the Jags and Packers? I think they come out of that stretch 2-5 or 3-4 and are left for dead by national media, only to go on a tear and compete for the division again where 10-6 might win it. 

I think O'Brien still has a couple of more wacky trades in him. He'll whittle this roster down to a 6 win team no matter what.

Looking hard for positives on the upcoming season. An underrated factor is the limited offseason. The veteran teams should have a leg up. In that light, the Texans rank 6th in returning snaps. Coaching, for better or worse, remains pretty much the same. Weaver, while new at DC, has been with the organization for 4 years. 

How in the world has O'brien not been sucked into all this shit with all the rumors of what happened with him and Hopkins. Seems like the only time we'll be rid of the guy is after Bob McNair's widow dies and the estate has to sell the team. 

5 minutes ago, Pasken said:

How in the world has O'brien not been sucked into all this shit with all the rumors of what happened with him and Hopkins. Seems like the only time we'll be rid of the guy is after Bob McNair's widow dies and the estate has to sell the team. 

I don’t give him credit for much, but he’s actually dealt with the BLM issues extremely well.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

There are a slew of rumors going around that the Texans are in serious discussions with Antonio Brown. Cooks, Stills, Cobb, Fuller and Brown would be a hell of a WR lineup. 

BOB trying to figure out how he can trade draft picks to get the free agent AB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It’s a lot for an ILB in today’s NFL, but given that it’s about 3.5MM less than Bobby Wagner and C.J. Mosely’s deals it’s a pretty solid extension from a cap point of view. IMO Zach’s one of the top 3 or 4 run defenders in the game. Probably means the end of McKinneys tenure after next year, unless he does a major restructure....