Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

it's really a good thing fans aren't there or they might burn the whole thing down.  that's nearly the same sequence as in KC last winter 

edit: maybe the inverse sequence, but similar weirdness - going for it on 4th with shit plays in your end while you punt the ball away in no-man's land. 

Edited by elfenix

I tuned out after we went for it on 4th and 2 at our own 30 yard line. 

The fact that no one took the time to make an actual season thread and we're just using the off-season thread couldn't be more perfect to sum up how beleaguered we've become with BoB. 

Somehow BoB didn't catch enough hate for the Hopkins trade even though it seems like he was destroyed for it. We traded away the 2nd best player in franchise history for, what exactly?

I just don't know how much of this team I can watch while BoB is still pulling the strings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, HoustonFrog said:

Yeah I’ve basically checked out. I hated the BoB hire and it’s been worse than anticipated

Last season honestly wasn't that bad until we blew the lead against KC. We were pretty good down the stretch.

But after our offseason it's just brutal to watch. 

And of course Fuller can't even make it 2 games without going down. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Last season honestly wasn't that bad until we blew the lead against KC. We were pretty good down the stretch.

But after our offseason it's just brutal to watch. 

And of course Fuller can't even make it 2 games without going down. 

Having Watson on my keeper league team since his rookie year always keeps the team watchable for me but I'm just resigned to expect the worst always, especially against quality competition. The Texans will do just enough to keep themselves competitive but never enough to make you believe they can beat teams like Baltimore, KC, NE, or Seattle. There may be games along the way where they keep it close or pull out a surprising win, but when it counts most you can count on Bill to not have a winning game plan. 

The asshole GM needs to be fired before the HC.

The decision trade a stud WR without any type of plan besides relying on journeymen and spares is criminal. And the spares can’t even stay healthy.

Then putting Romeo upstairs so his naps won’t be disturbed. What good is a mentor if the mentor has checked out and a dinosaur?

Watson is going to regret taking the money and tying himself to the sinking ship.

I watched the Cards-Skins, while rooting for Watson not to get hurt.

6 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

BoB is getting Watson killed out there. No fucking offensive line and no threat. Meanwhile Hopkins already has 4 catches and a TD for Arizona today.

Yup. I wish Watson would've went somewhere good.

Anyway is there any way to ship this team off to Tennessee or Kentucky or some bumfuck town and start over again?

52 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I tuned out after we went for it on 4th and 2 at our own 30 yard line. 

The fact that no one took the time to make an actual season thread and we're just using the off-season thread couldn't be more perfect to sum up how beleaguered we've become with BoB. 

Somehow BoB didn't catch enough hate for the Hopkins trade even though it seems like he was destroyed for it. We traded away the 2nd best player in franchise history for, what exactly?

I just don't know how much of this team I can watch while BoB is still pulling the strings. 

I'm thankful he traded away Hopkins.

Imagine what Andre Johnson could've done on a real team in his prime.

Since Miami owns our first and second rounders, I am not rooting for a 10+ loss season. That would just make these idiotic trades sting worse.  Regardless I’m not sure if there is any number of losses that would make Cal fire BoB. Do we get to hire that New England exec to be our GM (in function if not title) after this season when his contract expires?

6 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

BoB is getting Watson killed out there. No fucking offensive line and no threat. Meanwhile Hopkins already has 4 catches and a TD for Arizona today.

Some of that is on Watson too. He missed two throws today that every backup QB should make that kept points off the board. The offense sucks and some of that is due to Watson's poor decision making. He's the best QB in the history of the franchise, but he's clearly behind Mahomes and Jackson.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Some of that is on Watson too. He missed two throws today that every backup QB should make that kept points off the board. The offense sucks and some of that is due to Watson's poor decision making. He's the best QB in the history of the franchise, but he's clearly behind Mahomes and Jackson.

I wouldn't take Lamar over Deshaun. It's not DW's fault that he has no reliable weapons or a decent OL. Maybe he missed a couple of throws but that's his MO. He's going to make amazing plays to make up for it, but we've completely fucked him over and neutered his ability to pull anything off. Especially with Duke and Fuller out.

Just now, ztejas said:

I wouldn't take Lamar over Deshaun. It's not DW's fault that he has no reliable weapons or a decent OL. Maybe he missed a couple of throws but that's his MO. He's going to make amazing plays to make up for it, but we've completely fucked him over and neutered his ability to pull anything off. Especially with Duke and Fuller out.

Yeah, but he made no amazing plays today. So when he gives easy up plays that would have scored TDs it matters a little, though not much because the defense is a clusterfuck in of itself, and even if they scored a TD on those 2 drives, hell it might have been the same drive, it's likely the defense was going to give up 40+ had the Ravens needed it. I'm sure the Dolphins are going to enjoy that likely Top 5 pick we are giving them.

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, but he made no amazing plays today. So when he gives easy up plays that would have scored TDs it matters a little, though not much because the defense is a clusterfuck in of itself, and even if they scored a TD on those 2 drives, hell it might have been the same drive, it's likely the defense was going to give up 40+ had the Ravens needed it. I'm sure the Dolphins are going to enjoy that likely Top 5 pick we are giving them.

Fair.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I'm thankful he traded away Hopkins.

Imagine what Andre Johnson could've done on a real team in his prime.

Now that's just kinda stupid. Whether its Stros, Rockets, or Texans, I don't root for the franchise faces to leave so they can enjoy success elsewhere. What's the point of that?