Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

6 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Now that's just kinda stupid. Whether its Stros, Rockets, or Texans, I don't root for the franchise faces to leave so they can enjoy success elsewhere. What's the point of that?

The point is Andre Johnson could have been an all time great and his career was fucked up by this shitty franchise. Now we all like Hopkins just the same but this was also happening to him, now he has a chance to ball out somewhere that isn't way below average.

I'm not a homer for the Texans, I root for different players around the league, usually based on where they went to college. I pay a bit more attention to the Texans because they are local, but I feel like they need a disaster to happen to get rid of butt chin. I have no confidence they will find a good GM or HC, but at least Watson could have a couple good years before his body gives out. Butt chin is going to get him murdered out there. We may as well be the browns.

10 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Now that's just kinda stupid. Whether its Stros, Rockets, or Texans, I don't root for the franchise faces to leave so they can enjoy success elsewhere. What's the point of that?

Eh. Deshaun is kind of keeping me attached to this team. If he had left, I might have just followed him. But I'm not a Houston sports fan and have never lived there so it's a little different. I just opted to become a Texans fan rather than try and root for the Cowboys every Sunday. 

Yeah, but he made no amazing plays today. So when he gives easy up plays that would have scored TDs it matters a little, though not much because the defense is a clusterfuck in of itself, and even if they scored a TD on those 2 drives, hell it might have been the same drive, it's likely the defense was going to give up 40+ had the Ravens needed it. I'm sure the Dolphins are going to enjoy that likely Top 5 pick we are giving them.

Hard to make amazing plays with this aging dog shit receivers or young receivers who are not as good as BoB thinks. They can’t create separation at all.

The whole o-line has been shit. Titus Howard seems like he sucks. The guard (Schering I think) seems like he sucks. Tunsil may actually be deaf since he can’t seem to stay on sides. It’s beyond ridiculous. Meanwhile Dwayne Brown is on his way to the HOF in Seattle because BoB sucks as a GM. He’s equally as bad as JJ as that job let alone how bad his coaching is.

BoB on Fuller

“I don’t know,” O’Brien said. “We’ll have to find out, but, I don’t know, but I think it’s — we’ll have to figure that out. I don’t know that. I’ll probably know that tomorrow, you know better, know better what to tell you tomorrow.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hate said:

The whole o-line has been shit. Titus Howard seems like he sucks. The guard (Schering I think) seems like he sucks. Tunsil may actually be deaf since he can’t seem to stay on sides. It’s beyond ridiculous. Meanwhile Dwayne Brown is on his way to the HOF in Seattle because BoB sucks as a GM. He’s equally as bad as JJ as that job let alone how bad his coaching is.

Jfc I forgot they drafted an Alabama State nobody in the first round 

1 hour ago, HoustonFrog said:

If not for drafting Watson, this would be a bottom five franchise. I’d be curious to see the experts’ grade on Tunsil so far this season

Tunsil has been as good as advertised (his dumb false starts notwithstanding). Honestly, some of the blame for the pass blocking effectiveness can be put on Watson because he has to be better at making quick reads and finding the open receiver.

This is how I see a conversation between BoB and Cal McNair:

Cal “what’s the problem?”

BoB the coach “ The GM isn’t getting me the players I need”

BoB the GM “ The coach is doing a poor job of utilizing the great players on the roster”

Cal “ ok. You two need to learn to work together “

Edited by TonyTexas

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Tunsil has been as good as advertised (his dumb false starts notwithstanding). Honestly, some of the blame for the pass blocking effectiveness can be put on Watson because he has to be better at making quick reads and finding the open receiver.

BoB decided to litter this team with "field stretchers". There are few to any reliable quick-read WR types on this team, just aging vets and WR3 types who can't quickly get open. And the garbage O-line, which was supposed to be improved via BoB's brilliant trade strategies, can't give Watson the time he would need to allow any of the downfield concepts to work. This offense is a fucking hot mess. 

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

BoB decided to litter this team with "field stretchers". There are few to any reliable quick-read WR types on this team, just aging vets and WR3 types who can't quickly get open. And the garbage O-line, which was supposed to be improved via BoB's brilliant trade strategies, can't give Watson the time he would need to allow any of the downfield concepts to work. This offense is a fucking hot mess. 

This is just wrong dude. They're giving him plenty of time to throw, but either he's not making the right read/pass quick enough or the WRs aren't getting open, but you can't blame it on the O-line not giving him enough time. He's often standing back there in the pocket for five seconds. 

I love Watson, but he missed at least two throws--one to Cobb and another to David Johnson wide open down the sideline-- that should have been TDs. 

Edited by Gourmand

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure how BoB vs Gruden is even a discussion. Not sure I'd want Gruden to be our GM but I'd take him in a heartbeat as HC. 

Gruden has a ton of flaws. I would say though despite said flaws he would see Watson as the best QB for his scheme. 
At least Gruden got Carr weapons as opposed to taking them away. Bob needs to be exposed.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/21/2020 at 6:48 PM, Gourmand said:

This is just wrong dude. They're giving him plenty of time to throw, but either he's not making the right read/pass quick enough or the WRs aren't getting open, but you can't blame it on the O-line not giving him enough time. He's often standing back there in the pocket for five seconds. 

I love Watson, but he missed at least two throws--one to Cobb and another to David Johnson wide open down the sideline-- that should have been TDs. 

Disagree 100%. Watson was sacked 44 times last season, (down from 62 the year prior, a league record), and has been sacked 8 times in 2 games so far. This "GM" has made ludicrous trades and draft picks designed to fix the O-line, and last week the Ravens just destroyed this "improved" line for 4 sacks and countless hurries and pressures. It was hard to watch, as Watson is basically set up for failure unless he plays hero ball and makes ridiculous plays, which he is capable of doing.  And look at the wide-open David Johnson play that he missed...you really think that hurried throw is on Watson?

BoB is a disaster, and placing any of the blame on Watson at this point is frankly being a fucking BoB apologist. BoB was hoping his 2-headed Johnson offense would work, yet, down one Johnson, it was completely ineffective. This team is so painfully devoid of an Alpha receiver, and that, again, is on the shithead coach/GM. Yes, they lost to the 2 best teams in the AFC. But the future of this franchise is bleak, outside of the QB. 

Edited by Sejjr
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Disagree 100%. Watson was sacked 44 times last season, (up from 62 the year prior, a league record), and has been sacked 8 times in 2 games so far. This "GM" has made ludicrous trades and draft picks designed to fix the O-line, and last week the Ravens just destroyed this "improved" line for 4 sacks and countless hurries and pressures. It was hard to watch, as Watson is basically set up for failure unless he plays hero ball and makes ridiculous plays, which he is capable of doing.  And look at the wide-open David Johnson play that he missed...you really think that hurried throw is on Watson?

BoB is a disaster, and placing any of the blame on Watson at this point is frankly being a fucking BoB apologist. BoB was hoping his 2-headed Johnson offense would work, yet, down one Johnson, it was completely ineffective. This team is so painfully devoid of an Alpha receiver, and that, again, is on the shithead coach/GM. Yes, they lost to the 2 best teams in the AFC. But the future of this franchise is bleak, outside of the QB. 

Sorry to JJ Watt who has been awesome. BoB needs to lose the division to be on the hot seat. If management cares about Watson (which they haven’t show) trade the kids. He’s badass. BoB is a fraud

You can’t cite sack stats as evidence that the OL is shitty in rebuttal to a claim that Watson is taking too long to go through his reads. If he is holding on to the ball too long, of course his sacks will go up. I hope it all starts clicking for him soon. He makes brilliant throws when the first read is open, or buys time with his legs and makes the busted defense pay, but there are times when it seems he is taking too long deciding and gets sacked. Early in his career he was also terrible at running out of bounds for a loss rather than throwing it away; and tossing <5 yard underneath routes in the middle of the field and short of a first down during 2 minute drill situations. The sample size for 2020 hasn’t been large enough yet to see improvement. 

Edited by Murfdogg21

17 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

You can’t cite sack stats as evidence that the OL is shitty in rebuttal to a claim that Watson is taking too long to go through his reads.

Uh, you can when him "taking too long" isn't really the case at all. Guys are clearly having problems getting open and on top of that he is lucky when he has over 3 seconds in the pocket to go through his reads. Which still isn't all that much time. 

He also might be the most evasive quarterback in the league. There are plenty of games where he's sacked 4 times and it could have easily been 6. Sure, there are games where he might take a couple of sacks because he's holding onto the ball but I just don't see him do that that often. Most of his sacks are a result of poor pass blocking.

• Hook 'Em 1

Uh, you can when him "taking too long" isn't really the case at all. Guys are clearly having problems getting open and on top of that he is lucky when he has over 3 seconds in the pocket to go through his reads. Which still isn't all that much time. 
He also might be the most evasive quarterback in the league. There are plenty of games where he's sacked 4 times and it could have easily been 6. Sure, there are games where he might take a couple of sacks because he's holding onto the ball but I just don't see him do that that often. Most of his sacks are a result of poor pass blocking.
This is true. Some guys can throw guys open, but it takes a perfectly orchestrated offensive system and average NFL receivers. We have neither, so the horrible WR talent shows. Wish BoB would create a run offense for Watson to boot, he would be absolutely deadly in a real offense.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

BoB’s job will only be in jeopardy if he fails to make the playoffs. Failing to win the division or a wildcard this year and next year may be the only way, unless he quits. It does sound like from his statements from the last presser that he is under some type of pressure. The Hopkins trade made both him and the Texans look like incompetent boobs. I am not a Kliff or Kyler fan but I hope Arizona makes the playoffs and the Texans do not. Which is an odd feeling to want a team I like to fail so the fucking coach gets fired. 

On 9/23/2020 at 9:11 PM, Nicole44 said:

BoB’s job will only be in jeopardy if he fails to make the playoffs. Failing to win the division or a wildcard this year and next year may be the only way, unless he quits. It does sound like from his statements from the last presser that he is under some type of pressure. The Hopkins trade made both him and the Texans look like incompetent boobs. I am not a Kliff or Kyler fan but I hope Arizona makes the playoffs and the Texans do not. Which is an odd feeling to want a team I like to fail so the fucking coach gets fired. 

Yeah... kinda weird wanting Texans to win, yet might be better if they lose so  BoB GETS FIRED...