Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

Texans will never win anything as long as BoB (Billdo) is there. It’s something that is so obvious that it’s mind bottling that he keeps getting passes for blatant incompetency. By the time he’s gone he will have wasted so much talent that it’s going to take a long time to rebuild.

6 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Texans will never win anything as long as BoB (Billdo) is there. It’s something that is so obvious that it’s mind bottling that he keeps getting passes for blatant incompetency. By the time he’s gone he will have wasted so much talent that it’s going to take a long time to rebuild.

Look man, the guy went 15-9 at Penn St. You simply don't discard a coach of that caliber unless you have Vince Lombardi waiting in the wings. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I hope he turns out better than the last veteran, All-Pro, former Ravens safety they signed. 

I had the same thought but the way I remember it, consensus held that Ed Reed was about done when he signed with the Texans. I think most NFL observers believe ET is still a damn good in pass coverage. 

Thomas played in the box on 264 defensive snaps in 2019, as the Ravens opted to use his instincts closer to the line of scrimmage on over a quarter of his defensive snaps. That was more snaps than he had played in the box from 2015-18 combined.

This relatively drastic change had virtually no effect on his coverage grade. Thomas’ 86.1 coverage grade marked the seventh straight season at 80.0 or higher, and he allowed just 87 receiving yards into his primary coverage all season long.

The changing role did show up in several other areas, though. Thomas’ 15 quarterback pressures were 11 more than he picked up from 2013-18 combined, but his 53.2 run-defense grade was the first time in his career that he came in below the 65.0 threshold. All in all, it was a strong start for one of the best safeties in the NFL on what became one of the best defenses in the NFL toward the tail end of the 2019 season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-2019-free-agents-who-changed-nfl-teams-for-the-better

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Someone accidentally woke Mrs. McNair, who freaked out about the hotel incident with his brother.  In true Bob McNair fashion, "character" outweighs "winning" and the Texans continue to suck. 

Will her dying trigger a sale of the team? I have no clue how estate taxes work. We need new owners, old baby blue colors and a new name. 

• Like 1

Will her dying trigger a sale of the team? I have no clue how estate taxes work. We need new owners, old baby blue colors and a new name. 

I’m okay with the name, but I’d love to see the uniforms changed to Colombia blue. And yes, a different owner would be great but I wouldn’t anticipate that happening.

12 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Team has quit on BOB.  0-4?

Gone?

They should quit on him. He sucks. BoB is an SOB and the Texans should sell the damn team to someone who cares about winning. Wasting Watson’s youth. Wasting Watt (who is all ownership gives a fuck about) wasting draft capital. Giving Hopkins to Arizona for a case of Mountain Dew.

From the looks of it there's maybe 1,000 people in attendance. This team's base is 100% propped up by corporate season ticketholders who only do it to have a tailgate; hard to imagine that base doesn't drop by 30% next year.

At this rate the Dolphins are going to have their pick of Tua or Hunter Lawrence...

• Like 1