Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

JJ maybe trying to passive aggressive his way out of town? He’s a Houston legend and should be, but I’d love to see finish his career on a team that can compete. Even if it means only a 3rd or 4th round pick, they should send him somewhere he has a real chance at winning.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

JJ maybe trying to passive aggressive his way out of town? He’s a Houston legend and should be, but I’d love to see finish his career on a team that can compete. Even if it means only a 3rd or 4th round pick, they should send him somewhere he has a real chance at winning.

I agree.  We need the picks and he ain't going to get far in the playoffs with this roster, even with a new coaching staff.  He only has a couple of years left. 

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yep, trade JJ for has many picks as you can get, probably going to have to take a shitty contract to make the monies match. Of course, you need a GM to be able to do that, and you don't have one, because you stupidly ceded that power to a moron. Then acted all surprised when said moron blew up your franchise.

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Yeah...you want to be the guy after the next guy.  The poor sap that takes this gig is going to suck balls for a few years, and hopefully sets the table for the NEXT guy to take that step.

This franchise is such a mess.

Minimal talent, no depth, no 1st or 2nd round picks the next 2 years, no tradeable assets.  It's going to get worse before it gets better.

They have all their picks in 2022

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, d2o said:

Meh, I dont think he works on the pro-level.   I don't think he can connect with guys who scholly he cant pull at any moment.

His players love him. Look how quickly his current and past players came to his defense about his response to the social issues that boiled over this summer.

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

Tunsil is just one of 5 guys on the OLine. He's not winning games by himself. It's easier to find a guy like Tunsil in the draft

It’s even easier to find them already on your roster. It doesn’t top the Hopkins fuckup, and it was probably Rick Smith, but looking back the failure to pony up the same $11/year extension Seattle gave Duane Brown in 2017 was crippling. If they make that move then they’re solid at LT, and hang on to 1st rounders in 2021 and 2022 and a second in 2022. 

Almost as bad as the decision to throw a bunch of cash at Cock Asswiper in 2016; the pick we gave the Browns to take his salary off the books turned into Nick Chubb....

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s even easier to find them already on your roster. It doesn’t top the Hopkins fuckup, and it was probably Rick Smith, but looking back the failure to pony up the same $11/year extension Seattle gave Duane Brown in 2017 was crippling. If they make that move then they’re solid at LT, and hang on to 1st rounders in 2021 and 2022 and a second in 2022. 

Almost as bad as the decision to throw a bunch of cash at Cock Asswiper in 2016; the pick we gave the Browns to take his salary off the books turned into Nick Chubb....

Both absolutely true. It sucks watching Brown block his way to a possible HOF career for Seattle. He should have been a Texan for life.

Duane Brown’s holdout/trade demand and opposition to McNair were kind of chicken and the egg. He wanted a new contract and management said no. When McNair dropped that stupid comment Brown felt free/obliged to make his feelings known. The earth was salted. 

If Houston picks up most of JJ’s salary before the trade deadline, I wonder if a contender would give a 2nd rounder for him. They need draft capital bad. 

47 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Checkmate mfer!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Just proves that Texan issues start and end with Cal....  Took JJ to get HC fired otherwise Bob would probably still be here.  Also, stuff I am reading says Cal is going to let Easterbunny hire GM/Coach.  A guy who was a team preacher 2 years ago is now deciding Texans future, not the owner.

I have no confidence we will hire the right guy, I'm not sure why anyone here would either. We are talking about the higher ups that gave BoB all the power to fuck up the franchise and yea bravo you fired him when everyone has been saying it but they leave little to no optimism that they will even come close to making the right hire. 

At this point i feel whoever the obvious top 3 candidates are we will go completely the opposite direction and hire a head scratcher.

3 hours ago, TexasGrunt said:

Just proves that Texan issues start and end with Cal....  Took JJ to get HC fired otherwise Bob would probably still be here.  Also, stuff I am reading says Cal is going to let Easterbunny hire GM/Coach.  A guy who was a team preacher 2 years ago is now deciding Texans future, not the owner.

much ado about nothing...you really think Cal knows what the fuck he's doing? This easter bunny probably knows way more about football and coaching in the NFL that Cal does. 

4 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Checkmate mfer!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Exactly! Good for JJ! 
Fuck BoB! 
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/07/j-j-watt-wont-talk-about-bill-obrien-says-romeo-crennel-brings-fresh-start/

So imbedded in that article is a link to another one...which details abusive BoBs ways...Glad JJ pulled rank. BoB is a real POS. 

26 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

much ado about nothing...you really think Cal knows what the fuck he's doing? This easter bunny probably knows way more about football and coaching in the NFL that Cal does. 

I is pretty clear that the McNair family really want to just delegate this "investment" of theirs to anyone that gives them warm fuzzies and drips honey into their ear. This franchise man...what a fucking debacle.