Houston Texans Offseason 2020

The Earl of Texas

39 minutes ago, Hate said:

And can Fuller or Cooks be counted on to stay on the field for 16 games? 

No, and neither can Stills. and the #5 WR is Coutee who has barely played back to back games. Maybe this trade allows them to take a CB and a WR. Love to get Amik Robertson and Collin.

Looks like we traded up to take an OT from North Carolina. Probably a guy that moves inside, or is a swing guy to backup OG and RT.

It appears we gave up the 1st 4th from Miami and the last 2 7ths.

Father played in the NFL and is currently a coach for the Chiefs. I like drafting kids with NFL bloodlines.

Edited by HtownHorn

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

No they traded up to take the OT from North Carolina.

Thx... fixed it

Summary:

• Texans received #136 and #144 from Dolphins trade of pick #111.
  •  Texans then later traded up to #126 with Rams... gave up #136, #248, and #250
Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, BOB trying to be smarter than every other team. Taking these reaches when you have real value still on the board.

What is Lulz is you passing judgement on a late 5th rounder with zero knowledge 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, BOB trying to be smarter than every other team. Taking these reaches when you have real value still on the board.

He's a high upside guy with some speed. I think Bill's having a solid draft as far as addressing team needs.

12 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

He's a high upside guy with some speed. I think Bill's having a solid draft as far as addressing team needs.

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

What is Lulz is you passing judgement with zero knowledge 

BOB has shown zero ability to take developmental guys and make them contributors. The last two picks are developmental guys when there were more NFL ready players available. GM BOB is out thinking HC BOB.

The reason BOB chews through draft capital so much is because he takes too many developmental guys that don't develop. You could go back and look at all the picks from the past 3-4 drafts that are not only off the team but also out of the league.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

BOB has shown zero ability to take developmental guys and make them contributors. The last two picks are developmental guys when there were more NFL ready players available. GM BOB is out thinking HC BOB.

Players drafted on day 3 are almost always developmental to some extent. Your hate for BoB often get in the way of the reality. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Jordan Thomas?

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He had a good rookie season, then BOB went out and drafted a TE and signed another one. He's 4th on the depth chart now. He had 1 catch for 8 yards in 5 games played.

Thomas played well down the stretch last season and should be the #1 TE next year.

ehhh i'm an idiot, wrong Jordan. Akins is who I was thinking of.

Edited by Gourmand
dumb

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

That's fine man but stop pretending like you're actually using objective analysis. 

I had him blocked for a long time because of his constant bitching. I unblocked him recently. My mistake but I’m going to fix that. He is like futureman in the Cowboys thread.