Full or Divided Kitchen Sink?

fluff

Lets hear it.  Been a divided fan all my life but remodeling the kitchen and would like to hear thoughts from folks that have gone from a divided sink to a full sink.

When I cook, I like to have a side full of hot soapy water for dirty dishes...If you have gone to a full sink, what do you do instead?

Edited by fluff

divided.

1) we ain't fillin up that sumbeech anyhoo.  When one side is full, wash the mofos or load the dishwasher.

2) works great for rinsing the washed dishes.

3) if I just wanted a water trough, I'd go out to the fucking barn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, fluff said:

Lets hear it.  Been a divided fan all my life but remodeling the kitchen and would like to hear thoughts from folks that have gone from a divided sink to a full sink.

When I cook, I like to have a side full of hot soapy water for dirty dishes...If you have gone to a full sink, what do you do instead?

Sprayer hose into disposal.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Divided but with a 66/33 split.  Enough room on the big side to wash pans and cookie sheets, and a perfectly sized area on the small side to plug it up to soak smaller shit or wash fruits/veggies.

We have something like this and I'll never go back to a traditional split.

LTD3319W-Square-001_large.jpg?v=15717108

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Assman said:

Divided but with a 66/33 split.  Enough room on the big side to wash pans and cookie sheets, and a perfectly sized area on the small side to plug it up to soak smaller shit or wash fruits/veggies.

We have something like this and I'll never go back to a traditional split.

LTD3319W-Square-001_large.jpg?v=15717108

Mmmmm.  Chateau Latour.

9 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Full but really it’s about the depth. Some weak 6” sink is going to be terrible no matter what. Gotta go at least 9” for the big pots.

South Austin’s mom also says 6” is weak. 9 at least. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

Wife (no pics you pervy bastards) wants a new kitchen sink for Christmas and I'm happy to oblige.  Who would you normally hire to remove and replace a (likely) undermount kitchen sink?  I'm also looking to see if there's any room to expand the cutout (hence hiring it out).

Second question...where would you go to shop for the one bowl sinks?  Just your standard big box?

10 hours ago, Spur08 said:

Wife (no pics you pervy bastards) wants a new kitchen sink for Christmas and I'm happy to oblige.  Who would you normally hire to remove and replace a (likely) undermount kitchen sink?  I'm also looking to see if there's any room to expand the cutout (hence hiring it out).

Second question...where would you go to shop for the one bowl sinks?  Just your standard big box?

Any man can do it.

It's literally just adhesive holding it up.  Just take a knife and run it between the countertop and sink.  If you're lucky, the original installer put clips on it.  I'd recommend some supports that screw into the side of the cabinet walls.   

To install, you just put adhesive on the new sink and pull it tight with clamps like this:

blue-clamp-2-4-dp18-213285-sc4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I like the big farm sink if I only have one, stainless not porcelain. Wife though is old school and likes divided but she grew up without a dishwasher. Our last house had a goofy 80/20 split that was just a useless waste. And the disposal was in the little side. Had to get a disposal installed on the big side. We were going to do a big kitchen rebuild taking in the dining room with a massive farm sink plus a half size. Wife balked at a restaurant style three sink set up.

Daughter in law has one of these modern sinks. Stainless big single sink with all kinds of accessories. A divider, a bottom rack, different trays, shelves strainers, etc. it’s very cool.

I’m also a fan of two dishwashers, actually I’d want a regular size plus two drawers.

We just did a full kitchen remodel.  Went with a stainless farmhouse sink, love it.  For a dish drain for those handwashed items, wife bought a nice Oxo rack that sits next to the sink, with a mat and spout that drains into the sink.  We love the setup.  Only downside is that you actually have to move food scraps towards the drain with a sponge or spray because the sink is so large, but it's not a hassle that bothers us.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, dcbc said:

On team 66/33.

4-Xyi-DFBKg2xtaelh3b8l-KUq-Ypqz-Dlxs-p-B

Why are you taking pictures in my kitchen?? But seriously, what side is your disposal on? I have this sink (and Gaggia classic), and they put the disposal on the small side and it's a huge pain in the ass. I'm just renting this place until my kids graduate high school in 2025 so I'm not going to change it, but when they're off to college and I buy something elsewhere, I'll be looking for a large single sink or I'll remodel the kitchen and add it.