Full or Divided Kitchen Sink?

fluff

Lets hear it.  Been a divided fan all my life but remodeling the kitchen and would like to hear thoughts from folks that have gone from a divided sink to a full sink.

When I cook, I like to have a side full of hot soapy water for dirty dishes...If you have gone to a full sink, what do you do instead?

I resisted the change for years.  Kept my double bowl sink the first time we redid our kitchen.  I remodeled our kitchen a year and a half ago with a big single bowl fire clay farm sink at the insistence of the wife.  I have to admit, I love it.  To me, it does not get beat up on the center divide from the handles of pots and pans.  There is more room for large pans.  And honestly, I rinse off a few things at a time and they go right into the dishwasher.  I since added stainless steel single bowls sinks in the utility and outdoor kitchen and love those as well. 

FYI, If you are getting a new DW too, go with a Bosch.   Best money you will spend.  You really don't have to pre-wash anything and it will come out perfectly clean.  So damn quite I cant tell it running.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions, I was in the kitchen and bath remodeling industry of almost two decades and would be happy to give you honest feedback on any products you are looking at.

FYI, If you are getting a new DW too, go with a Bosch.   Best money you will spend.  You really don't have to pre-wash anything and it will come out perfectly clean.  So damn quite I cant tell it running.

Hopefully the food trap/screen is easy to get to. Mine ain't. The thought of all that food waste crap sitting at the bottom of my dishwasher for years is the reason most "pre-wash" dishes.

5 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Mine doesn’t slope enough to the drain. So it takes a lot of water and effort to get everything down the drain. I miss my old side by side. But it’s the trend. No fighting the trend. It does look nicer.

Two of my friends have full sinks that are like this.  It sucks and it's a deal killer.

Whatever you get, make sure it slopes to the drain.

• Like 1

Full sink here, for sure.  Ours drains pretty well, but the spray attachment on the faucet helps clean things up.  Any annoyance in draining is minuscule compared the annoyance of a divided sink that can't hold pots and pans.

And yeah, no reason to get anything other than a Bosch dishwasher.  Big difference.

32 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Mine doesn’t slope enough to the drain. So it takes a lot of water and effort to get everything down the drain. I miss my old side by side. But it’s the trend. No fighting the trend. It does look nicer.

What kind?

Ummm...I see we have 2 threads by the same person on the same topic....

Edited by otisdog