Ole Miss Be Dirty -- Journey of a Tier 3 Team in the SEC

Patrick Bateman

51 minutes ago, Whitman said:

Darryl Talley's (all pro for years with the Bills for you young folks) senior year at WVU was my freshman year.  Darryl was from the projects of inner city Cleveland. Darryl had a beautiful white Porsche  that he drove around campus and parked it wherever he wanted to.  He had the Playboy Bunny logo on the roof so everyone knew it was his.  Just not sure how he was able to afford it..........

I tell you those damn Pitt Panther fans, trying their collective damndest to get infractions against the 'Neers program when the school was building towards competing for the national title against Notre Dame at the end of the 1980's... That had to be the reason he could afford the nice ride..!

On 6/2/2018 at 8:00 PM, Parliament said:
On 6/2/2018 at 5:24 PM, kopp0e said:
What ever happened to the "satellite camps" that the B1G was pushing for so hard in the SEC footprint, did the NCAA ban the use of satellites..?

I don't recall the specifics, but the NCAA has curtailed them somewhat.

Moved them to Rome

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

“While we are pleased by the IAC’s finding that the COI abused its discretion with respect to the unofficial visit penalty, we remain disappointed by the remainder of the ruling, which upheld a 2018 postseason ban and findings of lack of institutional control and recruiting inducements.”

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

47 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, that was a very misleading tweet from Ole Miss.

Let's sum it up:

Spoiler

Institutional Penalties

• Public reprimand and censure.
  • Three years of probation from December 1, 2017, through November 30, 2020. This probation shall run concurrently with the probationary period in Infractions Case No. 189693, for a total probationary period of four years.
  • Mississippi shall pay a financial penalty of $5,000 plus 1% of its average football budget for three years, which was calculated at $179,797. (Institution imposed.) A complete accounting of this financial penalty shall be included in the institution’s annual compliance reports.
  • Postseason ban: Mississippi shall end the 2017 football season with its last regular season game and shall not participate in postseason competition. (Institution imposed.) Mississippi shall also end the 2018 football season with its last regular season football game and shall not participate in postseason competition. (The 2018 postseason ban is currently under appeal.)
  • Scholarship reductions: Mississippi has reduced, and shall reduce, football grants-in-aid by greater than 15% as outlined below:
    • Academic year 2015-16: Overall reduction: 1; Initial reduction: 0
    • Academic year 2016-17: Overall reduction: 2; Initial reduction: 3
    • Academic year 2017-18: Overall reduction: 6; Initial reduction: 4
    • Academic year 2018-19: Overall reduction: 4; Initial reduction: 3
    • Totals: 13 grants overall, 10 initial grants. (Institution imposed.)
  • Mississippi reduced official visits in the sport of football by nearly 20% for the 2014-15 academic year, based on the previous four-year average. (Institution imposed.)
  • Mississippi reduced the number of evaluation opportunities for the full football staff by 10% during the spring 2015 evaluation period (from 168 days to 151) and by 12.5% during the spring 2016 evaluation period. (Institution imposed.)
  • Mississippi prohibited all unofficial visits in fall 2017 from September 1 through October 19 and in fall 2016 for five weeks. (Institution imposed.) Additionally, for the full term of probation, Mississippi shall limit all prospective student-athletes in the sport of football to one unofficial campus visit per academic year. (The NCAA-implemented unofficial visit penalty is currently under appeal.)
  • Mississippi prohibited assistant coach 2 from off-campus recruiting for 21 days and former assistant coach 4 for 30 days. (Institution imposed.)
  • Vacation of records. Due to their receipt of impermissible inducements and benefits as described in Section IV, the student-athletes referenced in the violations were rendered ineligible for collegiate competition. Many of them enrolled at, and competed for, Mississippi. The violations were Level I and Level II, intentional, numerous and occurred over multiple years. Many of the violations involved institutional staff members. Therefore, pursuant to Bylaws 19.9.7-(g) and 31.2.2.3, and consistent with IAC Report No. 306 in University of Memphis (2010) and IAC Report 414 in Syracuse University (2015), Mississippi shall vacate all regular season and postseason wins in which ineligible student-athletes competed from the time they became ineligible through the time they were reinstated as eligible for competition through either the student-athlete reinstatement process or a grant of limited immunity. The individual records of the ineligible student-athletes shall also be vacated. Further, Mississippi’s records regarding football, as well as the record of the head coaches, shall reflect the vacated records and be recorded in all publications in which football records are reported, including, but not limited to, institutional media guides, recruiting material, electronic and digital media plus institutional, conference and NCAA archives. Any institution that may subsequently hire the individuals who served as head coaches when the ineligible participation occurred shall similarly reflect the vacated wins in the head coaches’ career records documented in media guides and other publications cited above. Head coaches with vacated wins on their records may not count the vacated wins to attain specific honors or victory “milestones” such as 100th, 200th or 500th career victories. Any public reference to these vacated contests shall be removed from athletics department stationery, banners displayed in public areas and any other forum in which they may appear. Any trophies or other team awards attributable to the vacated contests shall be returned to the Association. (The portion of this penalty involving booster 5 is currently under appeal.)
  • To aid in accurately reflecting all institutional and student-athlete vacations, statistics and records in official NCAA publication and archives, the sports information director (or other designee as assigned by the director of athletics) must contact the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff and appropriate conference officials to identify the specific student-athletes and contests impacted by the penalties. In addition, Mississippi must provide the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff a written report detailing those discussions. This document will be maintained in the permanent files of the NCAA media coordination and statistics department. This written report must be delivered to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff no later than 45 days following the initial infractions decision release or, if the vacation penalty is appealed, at the conclusion of the appeals process. A copy of the written report shall also be delivered to the Office of the Committees on Infractions (OCOI) at the same time.
  • Disassociation: Mississippi disassociated boosters 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. It has represented that the disassociation is in accordance with Bylaw 19.9.7-(i) and includes additional restrictions. For boosters 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, the period of disassociation is indefinite and includes exclusion from institutional facilities and home athletics events. Boosters 11 and 12 cooperated at least in part with the institution, which therefore disassociated them for three years. During their three-year disassociation periods, Mississippi also excluded them from institutional facilities and home athletics events. (Institution imposed.)
  • Additionally, Mississippi shall disassociate booster 5 for a period of not less than three years. Pursuant to Bylaw 19.9.7-(i), the disassociation shall include:
    • Refraining from accepting any assistance from booster 5 that would aid in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes or the support of enrolled student-athletes
    • Refusing financial assistance or contributions to Mississippi’s athletics program from booster 5 or his business interests;
    • Ensuring that no athletics benefit or privilege is provided to booster 5, either directly or indirectly, that is not available to the public at large; and
    • Implementing other actions that Mississippi determines to be within its authority to eliminate the involvement of booster 5 in the institution’s athletics program.
    • (This penalty involving booster 5 is currently under appeal.)

Edited by Beau Vine

If history does in fact repeat itself. You have to believe that at some point someone will get the shitty end of a deal and start talking. Just as Fulmer did with Albert Means. Professionally it cost him everything, but it got Alabama’s hands dirty (again). 

As good as Saban may in fact be. No other program has ever went as far as he has gone with this current run without having an off year that was not ultimately shown as cheaters. From ou’s run in the 50’s and 70’s, to Miami’s runs in the 80’s and 90’s. With a few Auburn and Alabama runs thrown in from time to time.

And though I don’t necessarily favor a congressional inquiry. Perhaps with the paying of players for their likeness, an unfair “playoff” selection, and who is actually getting over and making the real money. Maybe it is time to clean it up through legislation. And pulling the NCAA’s favored tax status, and in doing so opening their books for all to see.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can’t wait to hear what the MS State players have to say, seeing as how they’ve always run such an air-tight program.

Bottom line, who fucking cares. We got caught cheating because we suck at it almost as bad as we suck on the field. Every program dabbles under the table, we just had some dipshits at the helm. Turn the page.

Just now, Homercles said:

I know my Pokes limped/lucked into the Sugar bowl a few years ago, but I’m still pissed we got walloped by a bunch of cheaters.

You guys should be accustomed to frequent defeat at the hands of cheaters. No offense, I'm just pointing out the 800 pound **** in the room. And yes I know I am allowed to cuss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

You guys should be accustomed to frequent defeat at the hands of cheaters. No offense, I'm just pointing out the 800 pound **** in the room. And yes I know I am allowed to cuss.

The **** you say!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Ole Miss (and other SEC) fans think it's hilarious

Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama, and Tennessee-Martin. That was the OOS gauntlet Mississippi State ran to get to #1 in the CFP rankings that year. Predictably, they then got demolished by the two good teams they faced to end the season.

What a joke.

• Like 1

Yeah, vacated wins is one of the dumbest consequences in existence. Plus most schools, like Texas, still count them as losses in the school's overall program record.

Although given our history with cheating opponents, I do think we should have our athletic department calculate a new program winning percentage based on removing vacated losses.

Edited by Huckleberry

57 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Where is that Ole HomesickHorn??  and they sure were proud they didn't have to hand over the sugar bowl trophy. 

Ole Miss knocking Dak and MSU out of the Playoff in a win they had to vacate is peak Mississippi. No state is better at cutting off its nose to spite its face.

52184144_2218322161597486_6787046018518089728_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=eda24233bc202e6c83114f2bf3ad15ab&oe=5CDD41A4

Yeah on our Sugar Bowl (I’m a Poke undergrad) it was plainly obvious the talent mismatch was weirdly huge and their dudes looked juiced. I’m not downplaying how over tanned we were in that weird 2015 season but it was fishy all around with those racist asshats.

Of course they didn’t vacate that game and get to keep the trophy.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah on our Sugar Bowl (I’m a Poke undergrad) it was plainly obvious the talent mismatch was weirdly huge and their dudes looked juiced. I’m not downplaying how over tanned we were in that weird 2015 season but it was fishy all around with those racist asshats.

David Boston level right there.

Along with the Cotton Bowl Trophies in ‘04, and ‘10. Take the losses pussy.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, vacated wins is one of the dumbest consequences in existence...

It reminds me of how stupid the "Censure" of a public official is. (We'll absolve this person of any legal action, but we'll wave our finger at them in public.)

Censure - Wikipedia

Censure is the public reprimanding of a public official for inappropriate conduct or voting behavior. When the president is censured, it serves only as a condemnation and has no direct effect on the validity of presidency, nor are there any other particular legal consequences.

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

By years, you mean months right?   

I just read through various things online.

1) He's probably been juicing.

2) I doubt he really looks like that. 
-His right tricep (viewer left) looks stretched and fuzzy on the edge.
-His whole chest has probably been widened using software.
-The definition of his abs is probably also exaggerated.
-Even his head looks w-i-d-e-r, but doesn't look comparatively taller.

So in summary, I think that he's juiced and looks bigger than ever, but then someone had some fun with editing software to make him look like a super hero.

Just now, Napoleon said:

I just read through various things online.

1) He's probably been juicing.

2) I doubt he really looks like that. 
-His right tricep (viewer left) looks stretched and fuzzy on the edge.
-His whole chest has probably been widened using software.
-The definition of his abs is probably also exaggerated.
-Even his head looks w-i-d-e-r, but doesn't look comparatively taller.

So in summary, I think that he's juiced and looks bigger than ever, but then someone had some fun with editing software to make him look like a super hero.

If we are being serious, then yes, there's no way in hell that's not edited.  But agree with you, he's definitely bigger and juiced. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If we are being serious, then yes, there's no way in hell that's not edited.  But agree with you, he's definitely bigger and juiced. 

I'm not sure it was edited. It just looks to be really zoomed in on the one I posted. This is the actual photo that was taken from. He's the one on the far left

Dz-Jt-M2r-Uw-AAijvd.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm not sure it was edited. It just looks to be really zoomed in on the one I posted. This is the actual photo that was taken from. He's the one on the far left

Dz-Jt-M2r-Uw-AAijvd.jpg

How can they be juicing that much and suck so bad?

PS- I will never have abs like anyone in the photo except for the guy 2nd from the left.

...but I won't have his arms or his pecs, so... yeah.

PPS- I don't juice...

...and I haven't lifted in a while. (Not that that would matter.)

On 2/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, texifornia said:

Ole Miss knocking Dak and MSU out of the Playoff in a win they had to vacate is peak Mississippi. No state is better at cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Everyone that will ever remember the game, will recall Ole Miss with a win; same as USC stomping Oklahoma (in a game that never happened)...