Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I'm not one to argue with the NIH but that isn't what the numbers are showing. There is no easy calculation, but it looks like it is in the 10% range. Either way, that's not good.

Now that I read the article, it is even more confusing to me. It is hard to argue with the Head of Allergy and Infectious Disease at the NIH but I really don't think 25% of people infected require intensive care. Plus the same department head said that the numbers of infected are much higher than being reported. And part of his reasoning was that many people show minor symptoms. I am positive that he is correct with those comments. But, it would mean that his 25% number has little chance of being correct.

8 hours ago, RayDog said:

I am talking about all of them. Unfortunately parasitic infections  are so common here that I gave up the habit of sticking my tongue up their ass, but I would hate to give up the other. Unfortunately the dwarf, she has a normal body type, has gotten chubby (39 kilos) since I saw her last year. She never lost the weight she gained when she had her son two years ago.

I have a cough now, but I think it is bacterial based on the sinus congestion so I am taking antibiotics and staying home. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, RayDog said:

I am talking about all of them. Unfortunately parasitic infections  are so common here that I gave up the habit of sticking my tongue up their ass, but I would hate to give up the other. Unfortunately the dwarf, she has a normal body type, has gotten chubby (39 kilos) since I saw her last year. She never lost the weight she gained when she had her son two years ago.

I have a cough now, but I think it is bacterial based on the sinus congestion so I am taking antibiotics and staying home. 

L-I-V-I-N

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

@RayDog has the most interesting life on here. Fights the scientific establishment for decades and then gives it up to eat out midget asses in The Philippines. We need a memoir at some point.

Probably not much midget ass eating. I hear it takes 2 midget asses to equal one full size ass.

Edited by Bevo

26 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I was at the Phoenix Open with 200K other people Saturday, then spent Sunday night on a plane, and now I have a cough and a 102 degree fever.  Been nice knowing you assholes...  

Judging by the women that attend the 16th hole at the WMO, you probably just have syphilis. 

21 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

how many trucks is that back to back?  seems redundant and highly inefficient. 

Either some party official came up with this idea as a way of trying to make his bosses or the people think he's actually doing something (when he's not).

Or something has them freaked the fuck out.

I'm leaning towards the former.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Either some party official came up with this idea as a way of trying to make his bosses or the people think he's actually doing something (when he's not).

Or something has them freaked the fuck out.

I'm leaning towards the former.

Why not both gif

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I was at the Phoenix Open with 200K other people Saturday, then spent Sunday night on a plane, and now I have a cough and a 102 degree fever.  Been nice knowing you assholes...  

No wreaths will be sent without a death certificate.

No exceptions!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/03/asia/coronavirus-doctor-whistle-blower-intl-hnk/index.html

Wuhan Doctor Who Was Punished for Warning of Coronavirus Outbreak Has Been Infected

...On January 10, after unwittingly treating a patient with the Wuhan coronavirus, Li started coughing and developed a fever the next day. He was hospitalized on January 12. In the following days, Li's condition deteriorated so badly that he was admitted to the intensive care unit, and given oxygen support.

On February 1, he tested positive for coronavirus...

...he told CNN over a text message on WeChat -- he was coughing too much and breathing too poorly to speak over the phone.

After 3 weeks so far in intensive care.  34-y.o.

Edited by clapclapclap

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Update -- This shit is amazing:

Xofluza.jpg?q4sc4KqMZxHqjSKJS7dasZ_VrzkR

It was something like $165 for two pills, but completely worth it.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Update -- This shit is amazing:

Xofluza.jpg?q4sc4KqMZxHqjSKJS7dasZ_VrzkR

It was something like $165 for two pills, but completely worth it.

Tamiflu is generally covered. It is great for the flu but has no activity against the coronavirus.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Tamiflu is generally covered. It is great for the flu but has no activity against the coronavirus.

Tamiflu also reportedly causes hallucinations.  Not sure if it was the flu or the medicine, but the last time I took it I had very intense visions while falling asleep.  Not sure I’d take it again.  

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Tamiflu also reportedly causes hallucinations.  Not sure if it was the flu or the medicine, but the last time I took it I had very intense visions while falling asleep.  Not sure I’d take it again.  

Dude, just put on Dark Side of the Moon and lean into that MF'er.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Has he been sick since January 11 or did he recover and get sick again?

According to the article he was hospitalized Jan12 and tested positive Feb1. Not clear whether he wasn’t tested till then or if there is just that much of a backlog. No wonder the numbers don’t add up.

17 hours ago, RayDog said:

spacer.png

On 1/31/2020 at 1:42 PM, Somnio said:

Yeah, those numbers are bad.

But imagine 19 million Coronavirus illnesses, with about 10 million hospitalizations, and 190,000 deaths in addition to the flu virus numbers.

Pretty fucking horrific death toll, and the effects on the economy and lives will be devastating.

I was searching this thread for pharma stock tips,  nothing.  Gilead for anyone interested.  You're welcome.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away