Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

I have been thinking about this since I may need to quarantine sometime in the near future.
There are 284 people under observation here and over 200 are awaiting test results. There are 36 in Central Luzon where I am and they are bringing Filipino Hubei evacuees to New Clark City to stay in the athletes village there under quarantine.
I am expecting to hear about cases of local transmission in perhaps a week, but I hope I am wrong.

Well, it looks like you’ve got the top 7 penciled in.

Good night and good luck.

3 hours ago, RayDog said:

I have been thinking about this since I may need to quarantine sometime in the near future.

There are 284 people under observation here and over 200 are awaiting test results. There are 36 in Central Luzon where I am and they are bringing Filipino Hubei evacuees to New Clark City to stay in the athletes village there under quarantine.

I am expecting to hear about cases of local transmission in perhaps a week, but I hope I am wrong.

I recently read a paper that stated certain natural flavonoids are strong inhibitors of the SARS helicase. Since this coronavirus probably has a similar helicase, flavonoids may help. They probably wouldn't prevent disease, but they may help limit the pathogenicity. There is of course very little data but there isn't much downside either. If I was in an area where the virus was prevalent, I would probably try:

https://www.amazon.com/SOURCE-NATURALS-Myricetin-Tablet-Count/dp/B0014GZRNE

https://www.amazon.com/Strength-Supplement-L-Arginine-Tribulus-Yohimbine/dp/B07W8Y9GKF/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=goat+weed&qid=1581267220&s=hpc&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExR0FDN1Y0RTBJSFZHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTg5MzY0MzM5UTJZVkw0NjZKRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTkxMDIzMVAxQktNRTY5UERYUSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I took the ferry from Singapore to Batam, Indonesia yesterday to play golf.  There were SEVEN people on the giant ferry.  There has never been less than 200 or so. It was crazy. They are talking now about closing or office for the week and sending us home.

It is much worse than being reported. China is containing the real news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fastbreak said:

I took the ferry from Singapore to Batam, Indonesia yesterday to play golf.  There were SEVEN people on the giant ferry.  There has never been less than 200 or so. It was crazy. They are talking now about closing or office for the week and sending us home.

It may be more prevalent in Singapore than is being reported. As of today, there are 43 cases in Singapore. A Brit traveling from Singapore to France was found to be infected. If there were only 43 cases and they were in isolation, how did the guy contract the virus? My guess is that there are people walking around in public in Singapore who have the virus. 

Judging by pictures most of Wuhan look to be crappy communist style tenant blocks. I wonder how their air System works?  If it’s shared between apartments that might be how it is spreading so fast even when  under quarantine.    One person gets it in the building and everyone is fucked 
Whadja shoot?
  • Like 1

Shits getting really real.  Beijing and Shanghai starting to really lock down. 

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3873964

“As the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) continues to rage across China, 80 cities have been locked down under "closed-off management" (封閉式管理) measures. On Sunday, Beijing authorities announced an "Epidemic prevention and control notice of strict closed community management" and declared that the city is going under lockdown (封城), reported the Beijing Daily.

According to the announcement, Beijing will strictly implement "closed community management" (小區封閉管理), under which vehicles and personnel from outside a community will not be allowed to enter. Those arriving in Beijing from other areas must report their health status and register their personal information.

The first 14 days after arriving in Beijing, persons who have visited an area affected by the epidemic or have a history of recent contact with those in an affected area must undergo inspection and observation in their homes, according to the regulations. They must also actively report their health status and cooperate with the relevant management services, and they are not allowed to leave their quarters.

If a person refuses to accept hospital quarantine, home quarantine, and other epidemic prevention measures, the public security organ shall severely punish those who commit acts against the administration of public security, according to the law.

In addition, all public areas in residential communities, such as recreation rooms and sports areas, are now closed, and all businesses and government agencies must strictly monitor people's temperatures.

Housing agencies and landlords in Beijing are now required to provide information about rental housing and lessees to the local units for epidemic prevention.

The notice requires that checkpoints be set up at the entrances and exits of residences. Residents entering and leaving on foot and in vehicles must wear masks and submit to temperature tests.

Non-residents and vehicles of non-residents of a given community will no longer be allowed entry. If it is essential for them to enter, they must first register with management personnel.

Express mail, take out, and other delivery personnel are required to drop off their goods at a designated area of the community for customers to pick up.”

Make sure your user name checks out and get the fuck out of there.

On 2/8/2020 at 11:22 AM, ButtFumble said:

I am a picky eater so a lot of shit to me is weird to eat.....but fucking bats just look disgusting I could not imagine anything worse other than perhaps a rat....and of course a bat looks like a rat with wings

worse yet you take bats and rats and other shit that is known for disease and just pile it up in hot humid conditions and sell it for food.....who in the fuck thought that was a good idea unless your goal is population reduction.....even better with butchered and bloody who the fuck knows what splattered all over everywhere....maybe the smoking and the ashes from the cigarette kills the diseases...but of course you have to wonder what is in Chinese tobacco as well....then again it could be some type of powerful cleaning fluids that also pacify you (and disinfect your innards) if you smoke it with shit quality tobacco mixed with rubber shavings and sawdust 

and what the fuck is that other animal to the right with the bamboo shoved up it's ass

i am going to continue to avoid bushmeat of any kind - for as long as humanly possible

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If a person refuses to accept hospital quarantine, home quarantine, and other epidemic prevention measures, the public security organ shall severely punish those who commit acts against the administration of public security, according to the law.

I think something got lost in translation here.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/10/asia/china-security-police-wuhan-virus-intl-hnk/index.html

Holy fuck

The camera hovers just above the elderly woman's head, as she looks up, her face becomes confused and worried. 

"Yes auntie, this is the drone speaking to you," a voice booms out. "You shouldn't walk about without wearing a mask." 

The woman hurries off, occasionally looking over her shoulder as the drone continues to shout instructions: "You'd better go back home and don't forget to wash your hands." 

This is China under quarantine in 2020. In another video promoted by state media, a police drone orders men sitting at an outdoor mahjong table to "stop playing and leave the site as soon as possible."

What are they not telling us

Authorities in the northeastern province of Heilongjiang went even further. According to the state-backed Beijing News, they put out an announcement warning that the highest sentence for endangering public safety by intentionally transmitting the coronavirus "is the death penalty." 

The central government followed suit Saturday, announcing that a raft of medical crimes would carry severe punishment, including potential execution.”

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Same carrier who caught it on a trip in Singapore that infected the five Brits in the French Alps. Are some people more infectious than others?

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/10/asia/china-security-police-wuhan-virus-intl-hnk/index.html

Holy fuck

Authorities in the northeastern province of Heilongjiang went even further. According to the state-backed Beijing News, they put out an announcement warning that the highest sentence for endangering public safety by intentionally transmitting the coronavirus "is the death penalty." 

The central government followed suit Saturday, announcing that a raft of medical crimes would carry severe punishment, including potential execution.”

Creepy af.

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

What is the air system of the cruise ship? It’s probably just spreading the virus around in the air to all the locked up people 

UV in the air handling system says no.   I've seen it on offshore rigs specifically to reduce airborne virus transmission.

31 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Same carrier who caught it on a trip in Singapore that infected the five Brits in the French Alps. Are some people more infectious than others?

Creepy af.

Either this is WAY worse than being let on or the economic implications of this is much more severe than people really understand.

My guess is a little of A and a lot of B. If production stays halted due to additional outbreaks the bubble is going to pop. Their are already large scale slides in the price of copper due to companies not ordering their  normal amounts (and in some cases try to back out of orders). That may be a symptom of a massive bankruptcy event which will probably lead to a bank run and potentially even more large national bank defaults.

China is great when running at 6-8% GDP. If that number crumbles (or potentially goes negative as some are suggesting for Q1) things are going to.grt scary. 

China is great when running at 6-8% GDP. If that number crumbles (or potentially goes negative as some are suggesting for Q1) things are going to.grt scary. 

A savy President could use this as an opportunity to reduce/pay back a lot of our debt to them at a heavy discount. It’s cold-blooded, but this is one place that Trump is perfectly suited for. He doesn’t give a single shit about the bad optics that might cause a non-morally bankrupt president to shy away from using a humanitarian crisis as a bargaining chip.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy fuck

Life’s been cheap in China for a long time. They’re just trying to avoid the economic wrath of the rest of the world by containing the virus as much as possible by any means necessary. 

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

A savy President could use this as an opportunity to reduce/pay back a lot of our debt to them at a heavy discount. It’s cold-blooded, but this is one place that Trump is perfectly suited for. He doesn’t give a single shit about the bad optics that might cause a non-morally bankrupt president to shy away from using a humanitarian crisis as a bargaining chip.

Well, if the disease started in the US, you can be sure everyone would be trying to sue the US government for allowing the outbreak to spread. And the whole middle east would be cheering the death of the great satan.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 2

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/10/coronavirus-latest-updates.html

10:34 am: WHO officials say 15% of all patients get pneumonia

The WHO’s Dr. Sylvia Briand told reporters the disease produces mild cold symptoms in about 80% of the cases they’ve seen so far. About 15% of the people who’ve contracted the virus have ended up with pneumonia with 3% to 5% of all patients needing intensive care.  

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

stupid take

it is the very nature of what is causing this that also allows them to have the economic strength they have

fuck all concern for human life or human rights, fuck all concern for safety or the environment, fuck all concern for any type of fair play or morality, and fuck all concern for what happens in any other place that is not China

when that shit comes back to haunt them then fuck yes you use that to your advantage and take every step you can to pay them back on similar terms

15 hours ago, Bevo said:

I recently read a paper that stated certain natural flavonoids are strong inhibitors of the SARS helicase. Since this coronavirus probably has a similar helicase, flavonoids may help. They probably wouldn't prevent disease, but they may help limit the pathogenicity.

dominos.jpg?w=300

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

I think I recall from a Marketplace report last week that last year's GDP growth was a little less that 7 percent, which was the first time in something like 30 years that it'd been that low. Part of the news report also indicated that their official projected GDP growth for this was already being downgraded a little for this year (I can't recall the specifics). Regardless, that possibility would be a big deal given that the presumption is the Party has always prioritized rapid growth to maintain internal political stability, because +7% has often been cited as being the required threshold for keeping the Chinese people compliant.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away