Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Maybe their planking?  

Seriously, this looks like a regular block.  One block and maybe 20+ bodies.  I don't know what proof needs to be out there that the numbers are much, much higher.  But tomorrow,  the Chinese government will post their official results,  and media outlets will claim we're winning.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Maybe their planking?  

Seriously, this looks like a regular block.  One block and maybe 20+ bodies.  I don't know what proof needs to be out there that the numbers are much, much higher.  But tomorrow,  the Chinese government will post their official results,  and media outlets will claim we're winning.

Holy shit.

29 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Maybe their planking?  

Looked like one of the bodies moving at 00:28 mark.

1 hour ago, Colonel Sanders said:
Maybe their planking?  

*they’re

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The reason for the bodies moving, and the bicycles..

Reminds me of the time in high school I went to a Chinese restaurant with some friends after football. It was around 4 PM and back then a lot of Chinese restaurants used to close in the afternoon. When I pulled on the door and noticed it was locked I peaked inside and saw about a dozen Chinese dudes laying in the middle of the floor like a pack of sardines. Freaked me out, looked like some Heavens Gate shit just took place.

9 hours ago, F250 said:

Reminds me of the time in high school I went to a Chinese restaurant with some friends after football. It was around 4 PM and back then a lot of Chinese restaurants used to close in the afternoon. When I pulled on the door and noticed it was locked I peaked inside and saw about a dozen Chinese dudes laying in the middle of the floor like a pack of sardines. Freaked me out, looked like some Heavens Gate shit just took place.

Dude, phrasing.

45 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Did anyone else see a barrage of cruise commercials during sports this weekend?  They might want to rethink that. 

High potential for a ‘Wives and the stupid shit they say/do” thread crossover 

Edited by Trey3216

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Maybe it's been answered already but what's going to happen to the actual cruise ship?  

It will get disinfected and then sold and resold a couple of times and the name changed and put back in service eventually on another line and most people will never bother to look up the history. 

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

It will get disinfected and then sold and resold a couple of times and the name changed and put back in service eventually on another line and most people will never bother to look up the history. 

Yeah, it cost $500 million to build so I don't think Carnival will scuttle it or whatever they do with cursed cruise liners. 

24 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Maybe it's been answered already but what's going to happen to the actual cruise ship?  

they said on the ticket this morning that so far they’ve only cancelled cruises up to april 20th I think.  so if you’re booked to set sail on april 21st you don’t have to change your plans. 

Edited by futureman

13 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

This seems promising. Traditional Chinese Medicine can cure the infection. 

My understanding is that traditional Chinese medicine has always been used hand-in-hand with western medicine.  not to mention that China isn't far removed from having relatively very few Western medical doctors.

Americans still hold onto many unproven is not disproven medical treatments as well.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My understanding is that traditional Chinese medicine has always been used hand-in-hand with western medicine.  not to mention that China isn't far removed from having relatively very few Western medical doctors.

Americans still hold onto many unproven is not disproven medical treatments as well.

Say the Chinese use an herb to treat a disease. The US has assays for most diseases. So, we would isolate the active ingredient in the herb if there is one. Then we would try to improve on that molecule to improve the safety and efficacy profile. Then the molecule would enter clinical trials and become a patented drug.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skipper said:

So 14 Americans tested positive 2-3 days ago but aren't symptomatic?   That's pretty interesting

Be curious how transmissible it might be in an asymptomatic case.  It would be less so, but how much more so without the coughing, sneezing, snot boogers being projected into the world?

20 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Be curious how transmissible it might be in an asymptomatic case.  It would be less so, but how much more so without the coughing, sneezing, snot boogers being projected into the world?

This whole cruise ship nightmare started because a guy that was asymptomatic was on the ship on the PRIOR cruise.  Seems to me like it is very contagious either way.

25 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Broad on Fox News just said that people have to worry about Chinese bubble wrap because the air inside could harbor the virus. OMG!!!

There’s a reason why Qanon is popular among their viewership.  I’ve actually avoided looking at what those idiots are saying, although a few times I’ve looked up Alex Jones.   His ex-wife is probably getting a little extra money from his prepper sales.  

• Like 1

About Thailand....

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-health-chief-explains-vague-virus-updates-74878.php

The Phuket Provincial Health Office (PPHO) Chief has defended the lack of information made available at the mandatory daily coronavirus situation updates, saying Phuket officials are under orders from Bangkok to restrict the information being made available to the public.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away