Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Did China stop reporting? Their numbers have seemed pretty flat the last few days. Also, looking at the mortality rate now for the rest of the world - we are at 1.5%. I think a lot of this is due to underestimating the number of infected in places with outbreaks. We had been at 0.3% for the last month.

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

My family with the acreage out west let me know last night they are fully stocked with food, meds, and more ammo and asked when we are arriving with their grandson. I said once a known surly poster (excluding Raydog) is infected we are there. 

Ya, my family has a place in Crowell for hunting but they are still in denial at this point.  They think this is a Chinese issue.

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

My family with the acreage out west let me know last night they are fully stocked with food, meds, and more ammo and asked when we are arriving with their grandson. I said once a known surly poster (excluding Raydog) is infected we are there. 

just show up coughing and sneezing, if they need that much ammo they can't be very good shots

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Did China stop reporting? Their numbers have seemed pretty flat the last few days. Also, looking at the mortality rate now for the rest of the world - we are at 1.5%. I think a lot of this is due to underestimating the number of infected in places with outbreaks. We had been at 0.3% for the last month.

Great observation.  They gave up.  They only report that the situation is "grim". S. Korea and Italy are next in the give up queue.

Edited by 2300 Nueces

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Spike in deaths from those younger in age will hurt the life insurance game. 

young people have life insurance???  I know a lot of young people (16-29 ish) that don't even have driver's licences

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't think the first place I'd run if I got coronavirus was here to post about it...

Not to mention all the UT students who went home to China for the holidays and returned for the spring semester not aware of the situation early on. Hope they are taking precautions.

Um, anyone see this? 

Bothell High School is closed Thursday after a staff member who returned to work from international travel reported that a family member traveling with them became sick, according to a letter to Northshore School District families.

According to the letter, the staffer’s family member was taken to the hospital and is currently being treated, monitored and quarantined. Meanwhile, the staff member is being quarantined at home for 14 days.

“At this time, there is no confirmation that the family member’s illness is connected to the coronavirus outbreak, but out of an abundance of caution, the family member is being tested,” according to the letter sent to families.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/bothell-high-close-thursday-due-coronavirus-concerns/P66VKKVSFRGP7JCTUZVEKKCP4E/

13 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Yeah, I've been reading about this kind of stuff. If it came from China, I wouldn't believe it. But coming from Japan, it seems more likely to be true. Very weird - I'm kind of the opposite of a conspiracy theorist , but I'm beginning to question whether this virus was engineered in a lab. Maybe it is just my mood today but a fucking virus that is highly contagious, somewhat deadly, and harbors in tissues to reappear at a later date sounds surreal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Also read reports (dunno how true) that a person can catch coronavirus more than once because of something about the way it mutates or some shit

Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant and with minimal symptoms, and then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs,” said Philip Tierno Jr., professor of microbiology and pathology at NYU School of Medicine, according to the news organization.

The virus can reportedly spread without symptoms showing up, which forces officials to play catch up and makes it far more difficult to manage.

Health officials analyzed the implications of a patient testing positive after having an initial recovery. Second positive tests have been reported in China.

“I’m not certain that this is not bi-phasic, like anthrax,” Tierno Jr. said in regards to the disease being able to go away before reappearing.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-infects-woman-in-japan-for-the-second-time-a-first-in-the-country

Edited by Somnio

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Also read reports (dunno how true) that a person can catch coronavirus more than once because of something about the way it mutates or some shit

Not likely, but it could be harbored in tissues safe from the immune system.

2 minutes ago, Somnio said:

I just want to say if true, this may very well be the apocalypse.  That truly would be some biblical shit if the Pope gets taken out.

Yeah, it’s almost as if this dude doesn’t actually have a magical connection to an all-powerful deity.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ellellelle said:
2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:
Smart, smart move. We won’t be nearly as intelligent. Too many people in denial. 

Japan has a population problem as it is. They should have taken it more seriously from the get go.

So glad I didn't take that ski trip to Niseko.  meh, maybe next year

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away