Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

46 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

miley cyrus GIF

We don't have an HOA and my neighbors are nicer than those meanie-mo playscape people, but a tower is going to block sunlight in the garden so it'll have to be the shed.

On a different note, my oldest is out in California in school right now, and I'm hoping she doesn't have to deal with this.

I have a trip scheduled for next week to South America to visit my mom. I’m pretty sure I will cancel it. Also my son has a trip to Ireland on spring break with his orchestra. I’m fairly sure that things will be properly fucked by then and his trip will get cancelled also.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

In a thread chock full of hysterical, and I mean hysterical, shit being posted, this is the one that truly had me bust out laughing. Holy fucking shit. "if China survives". Hahahahahahahahaha. You mean that 5,000+ year old place that has survived every civilized thing ever to have occurred on this planet? You think those guys might have an iffy shot of survival? Outstanding. 

No you dumbfuck... of course the people will be there.  I am talking economically as well as their standing as the number 2 economy in the world.  This could re establish the manufacturing base in many western nations.  As soon as the flow of cheap shit stops or is disabled, you will understand.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

In a thread chock full of hysterical, and I mean hysterical, shit being posted, this is the one that truly had me bust out laughing. Holy fucking shit. "if China survives". Hahahahahahahahaha. You mean that 5,000+ year old place that has survived every civilized thing ever to have occurred on this planet? You think those guys might have an iffy shot of survival? Outstanding. 

Username does not check out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are supposed to be going to Hawaii for Spring Break.  It is a bucket list for the wife, so I will just go and kiss my ass goodbye while watching a great sunset.

That reminds me...looking for good home for two German Shepherds.  Parents parished in the Covid-19 Pandemic.

3 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

We are supposed to be going to Hawaii for Spring Break.  It is a bucket list for the wife, so I will just go and kiss my ass goodbye while watching a great sunset.

That reminds me...looking for good home for two German Shepherds.  Parents parished in the Covid-19 Pandemic.

I'm going to Aspen end of March.  Flying.  Fuck it.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/UC-Davis-coronavirus-students-medical-center-15090596.php

Three students who live together are being monitored for potential coronavirus infection, UC Davis said Thursday.

One of the students at the university 30 miles southwest of Sacramento showed signs of COVID-19, and was removed from campus and put in isolation. The two others are the student's roommates and aren't showing any symptoms, but are also in isolation.

UC Davis confirmed that none of the three students have confirmed cases, but one is being tested and awaiting results.

Interesting that the first case in NorCal isn't even in the Bay Area, but the Davis/Sacramento corridor. Obviously, it's only a matter of time until we see it there, but still. 

6 minutes ago, Txzen said:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/UC-Davis-coronavirus-students-medical-center-15090596.php

Interesting that the first case in NorCal isn't even in the Bay Area, but the Davis/Sacramento corridor. Obviously, it's only a matter of time until we see it there, but still. 

Literally Covid-19 Aggy

• Like 1

I have a trip scheduled for next week to South America to visit my mom. I’m pretty sure I will cancel it. Also my son has a trip to Ireland on spring break with his orchestra. I’m fairly sure that things will be properly fucked by then and his trip will get cancelled also.

9887c72884d74273b674ddef06940306.gif
  • Like 2

Masks don't do shit if a coronavirus victim is close to you - they are only good for helping sick people to keep from spreading it (unless your buddy thinks you're going to get sick).  There's a reason why those medical workers are in full PPE and going through strict disinfectant and clothing removal protocols (and still fucking up enough that thousands get sick).  
You're better off avoiding people, washing your hands well, and keeping all surfaces, interfaces, etc. cleaned.

So I shouldn’t lick the countertops at McDonalds?

8 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

You fuckers "doing a business" are the whole cause of this shit not being contained from the get go.

"Sure I may bring a deadly virus home, kill my family, and countless millions, but how else will I afford the 2020 BMW 5 series?"

Says someone who doesn't own an 8 series convertible with three cans of beans and some masks in the glovebox

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I'll be seeing patients through this thing so I'm kind of screwed. How many of you will be driving to work every day in March? Are y'all still going somewhere for spring break? When Ray is gone, who has first dibs on the midget?

Headed to LaRue for spring break. Should be ok

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not too worried about a mask. But just in case things get really bad--panic or bodies in trees, I'm considering asking my husband to buy a blue shed. That will withstand anything. And if it isn't needed for Coronavirus then I would have a blue sheshed.

Bravo 👏 

1 hour ago, 2300 Nueces said:

I am talking economically as well as their standing as the number 2 economy in the world.  This could re establish the manufacturing base in many western nations. 

It will not. Manufacturing is shifting to other Asian nations, not to Western nations. Vietnam has picked up quite a windfall in the last 2 years. Western nations are no longer able to compete for basic manufacturing. The labor price is orders of magnitude different, the environmental restrictions are impossible to comply with, the raw material supply chains no longer exist, and legal/regulatory requirements stack a thick layer of inefficiency and cost onto any operation.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

You fuckers "doing a business" are the whole cause of this shit not being contained from the get go.

"Sure I may bring a deadly virus home, kill my family, and countless millions, but how else will I afford the 2020 BMW 5 series?"

Well it's a material world and I am a material girl.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I'm weeding out the competition 

8 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

It will not. Manufacturing is shifting to other Asian nations, not to Western nations. Vietnam has picked up quite a windfall in the last 2 years. Western nations are no longer able to compete for basic manufacturing. The labor price is orders of magnitude different, the environmental restrictions are impossible to comply with, the raw material supply chains no longer exist, and legal/regulatory requirements stack a thick layer of inefficiency and cost onto any operation.

Also this is why China's air and water is toxic... those lucky dogs!

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not too worried about a mask. But just in case things get really bad--panic or bodies in trees, I'm considering asking my husband to buy a blue shed. That will withstand anything. And if it isn't needed for Coronavirus then I would have a blue sheshed.

She sells seashells from her sheshed?

7 minutes ago, Apep said:

The dog could be environmentally contaminated, but that's been one of my big questions. Can dogs get it and, if so, can they spread it to other dogs in adjoining yards (not to mention all the strays)?

Given that they believe it's a virus that is naturally in bats and spread to other animals in the wet markets, it doesn't seem unlikely.

21 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

I,the environmental restrictions are impossible to comply with, the raw material supply chains no longer exist, and legal/regulatory requirements stack a thick layer of inefficiency and cost onto any operation.

Perhaps they should have regulated the whole wet market thing.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Apep said:

The dog could be environmentally contaminated, but that's been one of my big questions. Can dogs get it and, if so, can they spread it to other dogs in adjoining yards (not to mention all the strays)?

Great, That's just great!  Now when your neighbor walks up to you on the street and extends his hand you have to shoot him and his fucking dog!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izhmash said:

At least you can just jump into the volcano and make it all go away without anyone finding you out there.  Get sick, jump into the sauna.  No pain, no remain.    

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away