Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 minute ago, Seger78 said:

LOL...that's great but we literally ordered a few million today from the middle east for NW and Baylor Scott & White...delivery 5-7 days. 

I stand corrected and retract my 'fuck yeah' celebration. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL...that's great but we literally ordered a few million today from the middle east for NW and Baylor Scott & White...delivery 5-7 days. 

I stand corrected and retract my 'fuck yeah' celebration. 

Didn't sound like 3M was sending them to you guys in Chicago anyway....they like the clients on the coasts better.  

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Didn't sound like 3M was sending them to you guys in Chicago anyway....they like the clients on the coasts better.  

Nope, not for us, we had to go through a source in the Dubai who uses the 3M plant in Austria.  But this is not atypical as the usual supply chains are completely broken down.  But NW and BSW both ordered more than a million total masks for a few million dollars. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Alex Jones crowd should be flipping out and going all out “FEMA GUY KNOWS SOMETHING HES NOT TELLING.  FEMA IS ORDERING COFFINS AND BUILDING CAMPS AND HE KNOWS WHATS COMING!”

I’d like to think that fema would incinerate masses of bodies rather than spend money for so many coffins.  I’d like to think that. 

As a nation, I've read we have about 120,000 ventilators at hospitals throughout the country. The idea that 3M could tool up and deliver 500K of them in a matter of weeks is uh, laughable. If that was the case, we wouldn't be that worried about the lack of ventilators in the first place. Numbers are hard. 

• Like 1

Still, those N95s are needed all over the place.  And 500K of those delivered immediately, makes more sense than 500K ventilators which, from the sound of what I hear on this thread, might be more ventilators than are currently available in all of the western hemisphere?

Also, agree with those that say all we need to do is crank up the machine, and we can solve the product/equipment problems.  

Just now, Blotto said:

As a nation, I've read we have about 120,000 ventilators at hospitals throughout the country. The idea that 3M could tool up and deliver 500K of them in a matter of weeks is uh, laughable. If that was the case, we wouldn't be that worried about the lack of ventilators in the first place. Numbers are hard. 

Was definitely laughable.  But imo so is celebrating sending 100k masks.  Individual hospitals are ordering a million at a time.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Ventilators and respirators are different things.

Just now, utee94 said:

Still, those N95s are needed all over the place.  And 500K of those delivered immediately, makes more sense than 500K ventilators which, from the sound of what I hear on this thread, might be more ventilators than are currently available in all of the western hemisphere?

Also, agree with those that say all we need to do is crank up the machine, and we can solve the product/equipment problems.  

Its more than worldwide supply.  But I'd say that if we ramped up it's far from crazy to think this country could produced 500k in a month.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

Dallas county expected to announce shelter in place starting late monday night. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/03/22/dallas-county-residents-ordered-to-stay-home-as-new-shelter-in-place-rules-are-put-in-place/

Edit:Cant erase spoiler tags

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’d like to think that fema would incinerate masses of bodies rather than spend money for so many coffins.  I’d like to think that. 

That makes sense.   But when you talk about those fucking loons, it’s got to be camps and plastic coffins.   And in recent years, we’ve added underground compounds and Walmart prisons.    Jones did finally say this is opening the door for the NWO, so he’s starting to hit his old catch-phrases.     And he’s doing the “Army entering NYC” when it’s the Army Corps of Engineer (who already have plenty of folks normally based out of NYC).   

@Yarbr saw what you mean, FEMA guy was extremely.....aggressive about clarifying the National Guard being under local control, and about the rumors floating around,   Sounds like he was speaking directly to the fucking Alex Jones idiots    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Ventilators and respirators are different things.

Lay people and even sales/DME people use the terms interchangeably.  Just google to see them used interchangeably all the time.  

In the hospital we always used vent dependent separate from respirator.  

2 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Maybe this was discussed but does the estimated number of ventilators and available hospital beds include military bases and stock?

Yes.  There’s a national reserve supposedly but they’re spoken for.  Ventilators are not THAT difficult to produce.  There was never a need like this, hence the lack of numbers.  If Trump issues that decree pvt industry could use Medtronic blue prints and ramp up really damn fast.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

Listening to Cuomo speak.  He's not playing the political blame game.  Quite the opposite.  He's saying that the parties are working together and that the political red tape needs to be cut.  He also emphasized that a bill about Coronavirus needs to be about relief only with no pork.  Money where money needs to go to those in need.

No chance of that happening unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, AngryDragon said:

No chance of that happening unfortunately. 

1234.   This thing could be torpedoed because of that.  They should have done the payments to Americans/families as its own little bill instead of tying it to all of this other stuff.  

Also, they need to clarify to Americans if these payments are from this year’s (2020j taxes - I’ve seen them taking about this basically being an advanced tax refund (reducing your refund next year) or being counted against next year’s taxes.   So it doesn’t sound like it’s free money like some are claiming.   But again, a lot of stuff is being tossed out by Mnuchin, Mitchell. Etc. and no clear idea on where it’s coming from.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes.  There’s a national reserve supposedly but they’re spoken for.  Ventilators are not THAT difficult to produce.  There was never a need like this, hence the lack of numbers.  If Trump issues that decree pvt industry could use Medtronic blue prints and ramp up really damn fast.  

Where are the basic components and circuit boards normally made?

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was wrong lol. My bad - to me crowing about that many resp masks as 3M is asinine.  

not sure what you meant but was at least good to get an update from the source as to number shipping and where even if it is just respirators. 

3M has a long history of making N95 masks and a respirator mask for workers....they also make parts for ventilators ( most likely filters). They have agreements with a couple universities for prototype ventilators, but not currently making them now.

Pretty sure the tweet had to do with their N95 or other masks that they have the capability to ramp up pretty much overnight.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away