Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Just now, Enchubben said:

I wasn’t trying to make a point, just sharing that information since I had a friend this morning complaining to me that there isn’t anywhere to get tested in Houston. Happened to come across that in the paper and thought I would share here.

Aside from that, if someone hasn’t encountered someone that’s tested positive and they aren’t showing symptoms, they are down my priority listing for having immediate access to a test.

I believe CTJ said anyone could get a test who wanted one. 

I’m sure he will be along any time now to apologize to everyone for misspeaking. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah, I live in a place slightly more dense than Lubbock.  It may not be working where ever you are but around here it is.  It's a sunny Saturday morning.  I live in the city and looking out I see less than 10 people from my high rise.  But the 'ya'll' is a nice touch as if you know more than I do about any of this.  We're just in 28 states and 400+ hospitals/SNF's with a few hundred doctors who are all updating each other several times a week...We are directly plugged into the Johns Hopkins COVID tracking program too.  But I appreciate your hard hitting update from Lubbock, duly noted. 
I also said because Chicago has done a good job sticking to social distancing and shelter at home, we'll likely be able to start elective procedures and slowly open things up in May.  I'm not one of those, keep everything closed forever, people.  But again, that 10 year old and Lubbock so...

I live in San Antonio and the shelter in place is a joke here pretty much. I’d say only 20-30% of people I see around town in various places have mask

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I’m sure he will be along any time now to apologize to everyone for misspeaking. 

I’m not gonna speak for him but I would have thought he is not speaking about 100% healthy individuals having access to a test.  

Also, if you are healthy and want one, just lie and say you had interaction with someone that tested positive. You’d be an asshole, but an asshole with a test.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Cite list of people who want a test but can't get one? Absent that how have we shown he misspoke? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I’m not gonna speak for him but I would have thought he is not speaking about 100% healthy individuals having access to a test.  

Also, if you are healthy and want one, just lie and say you had interaction with someone that tested positive. You’d be an asshole, but an asshole with a test.

Pretty sure he is capable of moving goalposts, gaslighting, and insulting everyone who disagrees with him without your help. 

and fuck anyone lying to get tests when they are of limited availability. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Treefidy said:

At this point there is overwhelming evidence that covid19 leaked from the lab.

Oh, and seriously fucking fuck the CCP right in their fucking face.

1st part: LOL, ok settle down nancy. that is not anyway factually true.

2nd part: yes, definitely no matter what is in the rest of your post, that is indisputable.

• Fuck You 1

50 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

In Houston there is a doc in the strip center by Kata Robata on Kirby and Richmond whose been doing tests for over a month.  Walk in and pay.  You get a test done. 

https://breathemd.org/ourpractice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

Texas Panhandle (26) counties   population 438,000 (rounded)......COVID 19 cases=  423

https://www.newschannel10.com/2020/04/18/amarillo-covid-cases-reach-april/

Williamson County population  590,000 (rounded)....... COVID 19 cases= 151

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/williamson-county-reports-five-new-covid-19-cases-recoveries-climb-to-90

*tested cases. there sure as fuck more actual instances of the disease there.

23 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

On the positive side, if it only convinces one person not to move here:

there's a (conspiracy) theory floating around that suggests these protests were part of a misinformation campaign uhh.. whatever you want to call it.  theory is based on how a bunch of protests popped up "over night" combined with the fact that websites supporting/driving the protest were registered within a few days (or same day) of one another.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Seriously?!?

As long as you aren’t FB Karen that wants a test because your dog has a runny nose, you can get a test if you need it. God forbid, it may take more than 10 minutes of your time, but you can get one. Saying you can’t is just a lie.  

13 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Definitely totally completely under control. (I mean it actually might be because this is craZy)

Read the thread. 

Mrs, ABSR had a zoom social call with her grad school classmates from around the globe.  One classmate is in Shanghai and it was about 8 AM on Saturday morning.  Her classmate showed her video of the streets in the city outside their apartment and they were virtually empty.  She said it was still mostly SIP, masks and people not going out.

So remember China says “All is well!”

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

I live in San Antonio and the shelter in place is a joke here pretty much. I’d say only 20-30% of people I see around town in various places have mask

I think it's more keeping large crowds from forming.  Chicago will blow up as soon as the weather turns.  Also, I say it, and everyone says it - keep immunocompromised people at home...see the thing is those people are known for being noncompliant with everything, so who's to say even 50% of them will actually shelter themselves when orders are lifted for the rest of us.  

Prob blew up on Slorch more than needed, well, nothing that was his fault.  Drinking and not in the best mood.  Grandma in Lubbock broke her elbow and shoulder...poor surgical candidate.  In lots of pain.  Tech has a great pain mgt program so may send her there for a tunneled cath for pain.  She's over 90 so this may be it for her.  And my uncle was all to happy to tell me about Lubbock is pretty nonchalant.  You could say I was...triggered. 

• Like 2

Mrs, ABSR had a zoom social call with her grad school classmates from around the globe.  One classmate is in Shanghai and it was about 8 AM on Saturday morning.  Her classmate showed her video of the streets in the city outside their apartment and they were virtually empty.  She said it was still mostly SIP, masks and people not going out.
So remember China says “All is well!”

One of my daughter’s college friends is from....yep, Wuhan. She finally decided to fly home from Canada last week. She landed in Beijing. The govt immediately took her (and other folks arriving from overseas) to a hotel to quarantine for two weeks. Except that hotel was full. So they bussed them to a hotel in the middle of ass-nowhere. Shitty internet, intermittent hot water. But the punch line? She sent a picture of the window to her room to all do her friends. She gets there, and there’s a goddamn BAT LATCHED ONTO THE SCREEN OUTSIDE. I think she gets to go home in a few days.
  • Like 2

One of my daughter’s college friends is from....yep, Wuhan. She finally decided to fly home from Canada last week. She landed in Beijing. The govt immediately took her (and other folks arriving from overseas) to a hotel to quarantine for two weeks. Except that hotel was full. So they bussed them to a hotel in the middle of ass-nowhere. Shitty internet, intermittent hot water. But the punch line? She sent a picture of the window to her room to all do her friends. She gets there, and there’s a goddamn BAT LATCHED ONTO THE SCREEN OUTSIDE. I think she gets to go home in a few days.

Simulation. That is fucked and hilarious at the same time
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

18 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Testing is going way up so the cases will skyrocket.  The thing we need to really see is hospitalizations. 

Maybe not the best or complete for the country but the Covid Tracking Project, covidtracking.com has hospitalizations for most individual states. Not all are reporting to them, but majority are on there. If interested in Texas, the best and most informative for specific areas I've found is the state's DSHS site, 

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83     

1321 in the state hospitalized ( lab confirmed) right now with 22 in the Austin region, Trauma Service Area O.

Edited by BillyGoatHill

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

In Houston there is a doc in the strip center by Kata Robata on Kirby and Richmond whose been doing tests for over a month.  Walk in and pay.  You get a test done. 

https://breathemd.org/ourpractice

The city / county sites are testing anyone, they ask you call in first to get a slot. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The bat?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

When I was @ Dallas-Love field airport, I'd say it was 55% that wore masks. Also, there were a lot of people traveling that should not be. 

People just need to stay the fuck home. Not travel because it's cheap.

11 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's closer to the topic of discussion than what you just tried to do.  Back off with that please.

My only point is that someone walking around the MI capitol with that shit is no more representative of mainstream thinking than the image you have in your head of shitposters on the internet. That'd be pretty obvious if you read what I said instead of just looking for something to be aggrieved about. Check your double standards there, snowflake.

11 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Oh, mind sharing?

10 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

It wasn't a Nazi flag.  It was used to make a point about the ridiculous rules being made and enforced by the governor of Michigan.

spacer.png

I bit on a misleading tweet on the "nazi" part of my post. I am sorry for that - I was wrong to run with that without fact checking. Doesn't change my overarching point that  a small, vocal minority does not represent mainstream thinking. Regardless of if it's confederate flag wavers in Michigan or these "people" Onboard is talking about on the internet who say we should have shut everything down in January. Here's proof on the confererate bit, since you asked.

27286690-8225759-image-a-48_158706524284

10 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

GOTT DAMMIT GTFO of here with that shit. 

Again, don't be a goddamn snowflake. The action of some incels in MI isn't any more or less relevant that the social media stuff you're railing about. That's the only point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

*don't say it, don't say it, don't say it*

Room service?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hmmm said:

there's a (conspiracy) theory floating around that suggests these protests were part of a misinformation campaign uhh.. whatever you want to call it.  theory is based on how a bunch of protests popped up "over night" combined with the fact that websites supporting/driving the protest were registered within a few days (or same day) of one another.

While the user name checks out, the one in Austin was organized through Alex Jones/Infowars.   And that’s exactly the kind of thing the Alex Jones base fans in Austin would do.  

Wonder if Alex was down there selling male supplements.    The FDA is breathing down his neck over corona cures, but he had a very costly divorce   

https://apnews.com/be17f735971aa03b32794c482f8b9c06

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away