Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Little known fact, Cody is slowly getting on the radar of rich people that aren’t rich enough for Jackson. Kanye looked here because of the difference in politics, but multimillionaires are moving here that can’t get in Jackson what the billionaires have. 

Yeah, I think one of the problems with Wyoming and Montana is that rich people  from NY and California regularly fly back and forth between states. Then they go to restaurants and see the locals casual and act cavalier themselves.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Little known fact, Cody is slowly getting on the radar of rich people that aren’t rich enough for Jackson. Kanye looked here because of the difference in politics, but multimillionaires are moving here that can’t get in Jackson what the billionaires have. 

Don’t know if this is entirely true. Last year a three acre plot with Teton views could be had for just north of $1mm. Doesn’t seem quite at billionaire level yet. There is a minimum square footage requirements so construction is probably a minimum of $3mm on top of that. 

Another 40 acre plot with Teton views was $7mm. The price seems low because it currently cannot be subdivided. 

Also quick PSA. JAC will be closed from April to June in 2022 for runway construction. Surly 1% will need to land their jets elsewhere. 

edit: this is your $1mm view. 

EDB72B21-B923-4299-808E-F255356974D7.thumb.jpeg.da2d93eda4fa2efe8187177cb7caa15d.jpeg

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Don’t know if this is entirely true. Last year a three acre plot with Teton views could be had for just north of $1mm. Doesn’t seem quite at billionaire level yet. There is a minimum square footage requirements so construction is probably a minimum of $3mm on top of that. 

Another 40 acre plot with Teton views was $7mm. The price seems low because it currently cannot be subdivided. 

Also quick PSA. JAC will be closed from April to June in 2022 for runway construction. Surly 1% will need to land their jets elsewhere. 

edit. This is your $1mm view. 

Grasshoppers take note. This is how you humble brag.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Oregon just locked down for 2 weeks. 4 weeks for Multnomah County(Portland)

Entire West Coast issues 14 day quarantine upon arrival from other state or country.

Recommended right?  We were headed to Cali to stay in a house on the beach for a couple of weeks but I think that just went down the shitter.

41 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Oregon just locked down for 2 weeks. 4 weeks for Multnomah County(Portland)

Entire West Coast issues 14 day quarantine upon arrival from other state or country.

Colorado needs to do that same.  We hit 6400 cases today and the growth is ramping up extremely fast.  Yesterday was our first day above 5k.  There ain't gonna be a ski season if we don't get this shit under control ASAP.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Of course it's halfassed horseshit.

I have no idea what the reality of enforcement will be.  I did hear a replay  of Kate Brown’s announcement and it was an extremely parsed and caveated announcement.

So feel free to fist yourself.

Edited by Incredulity

46 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Can someone drive over to the Cedar Park HEB and slap this bitch for me?  She's probably still there crying.

Get the fuck out of HEB you "Shed the Mask"-wearing t-shirt fuckhead.

Yeah, wear a "Shed the Mask" t-shirt and then act surprised when people get pissed at you in the middle of a fucking pandemic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Over 180,000 cases today (another record), up from 170k yesterday and 160k the day before that, and 140k the day before that, and 135k the day before that

Why would we test more this week for something that we wouldn't hear about anymore starting last week?  What kinda fucking timeline is this?  

My dad is on day 13 in the hospital thanks to Covid. He'll be there another few weeks getting OT and PT because he got so weak but is slowly getting better. 

That being said, I need to stay home moreso because I'll end up in jail for assault if I see a cunt like that in public. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-plan-attend-holiday-gatherings-despite-rising-covid-19-cases-survey-202344244.html

The survey, which polled more than 2,000 people on their holiday plans, found that 40 percent intend to be part of a holiday gathering with more than 10 people. A third of the study participants also say they don’t plan to ask guests to wear a mask.

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

A brief list of fun facts that are relevant to me:

1) tomorrow in Cody, there will be a state championship football game between Cody and Jackson. 
2) because it’s the state championship, a further exception to the crowd gathering order from 1000 to 1500 was asked for and granted. 
3) Jackson Hole is in Teton county. 
4) Teton county is going remote school as of Monday because the covid outbreak in the area is so severe. 
5) the governor had a 45 minute press conference this morning begging us to be responsible, and saying our hospitals are almost full and there’s no capacity in neighboring states to help us. 
6) it’s about a 5 hour drive between Cody and Jackson so I assume most fans that travel here for the game will be staying at least one night at a hotel or with friends and relatives  

Go Broncs!  Fuck Cody!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

A brief list of fun facts that are relevant to me:

1) tomorrow in Cody, there will be a state championship football game between Cody and Jackson. 
2) because it’s the state championship, a further exception to the crowd gathering order from 1000 to 1500 was asked for and granted. 
3) Jackson Hole is in Teton county. 
4) Teton county is going remote school as of Monday because the covid outbreak in the area is so severe. 
5) the governor had a 45 minute press conference this morning begging us to be responsible, and saying our hospitals are almost full and there’s no capacity in neighboring states to help us. 
6) it’s about a 5 hour drive between Cody and Jackson so I assume most fans that travel here for the game will be staying at least one night at a hotel or with friends and relatives  

Go Broncs!  Fuck Cody!

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Get the fuck out of HEB you "Shed the Mask"-wearing t-shirt fuckhead.

Yeah, wear a "Shed the Mask" t-shirt and then act surprised when people get pissed at you in the middle of a fucking pandemic.

Not really an advocate for violence, but these folks really should be culled from Earth (or the human gene pool at bare minimum).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 9:46 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

Maybe at 23 you just roll the dice since your buddy's GF had it and was asymptomatic. 

Don’t forget the long haulers. We have no idea if being asymptomatic today means you get glass lung effect or other long term bs. Not saying there will be but the fact is we just don’t know any long term effects on people just bc one was “asymptomatic”

My dad is on day 13 in the hospital thanks to Covid. He'll be there another few weeks getting OT and PT because he got so weak but is slowly getting better. 
That being said, I need to stay home moreso because I'll end up in jail for assault if I see a cunt like that in public. 

Thoughts and prayers (seriously and not surly sarcastic) for your dad.

56 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

How’s Sweden doing these days?

great down here in Oz. We just had day 16 of 0 cases and 0 deaths (state of Victoria). ~20k tests a day with 0 positives. that's insane. We are finally proactively targeting areas of the town with random testing and if/when we get positives there is a very strict contract tracing regiment that includes like 1/2 a Kevin Bacon to quarantine. 

Had a ~ 4 month lockdown to get there. I almost lost my mind. It was awful but hey now we can get out and do stuff again. Summer helps for obvious reasons. 

Seeing 2 week lockdowns? that's hilariously ineffective and will do nothing.  

Sorry for these tough times homies. Hello from survivor's guilt. I am sure we will have our pains again soon enough. Hang in there.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away