Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

5 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Who said I thought it was a gotcha?

I posted an article to try to get back on current events. I know that article mostly blames Trump and the poor transition. I don’t really care. You should try to do less mind reading. 

I tried and failed.  Here’s a hot dog and some savaged bovine.   All good now, right comrades?  

Hey, how come...we're such a Christian Nation....at no point during 2020 and the devastating Covid crisis...nobody ever said on national television, "May god bless you..and may god bless the United States of America"??????

10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Those seem gross. It's chocolate with cream or it's nothing.

Hint, it’s nothing, and that cream isn’t chocolate and it’s not kosher.  It’s lies shot from the prostate of an apostate, and if if it tasted good at the time, sorry you’ve swallowed the biggest turd of all time.

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Anywhooo, y'all remember that old Englishman who walked to raise money for the British healthcare system at the beginning of this thing? Yeah, he sadly has died of Covid.

Fucking tragic.

RIP, Sir Moore. What a life.  

Sadly, in Florida...there's a planning committee meeting today to organize a walk-a-thon to raise money for legal fees for a piece of human shit. 

35 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Stop quoting Lobo!

i don't understand why we're yelling!  

Also, see y'all at the walk-a-thon next week.  Bring gatorade.  And condoms.  

What? You didn't like my zinger towards you?

What? You didn't like my zinger towards you?

Lol did you really quote me twice in the same day? Give me a chance to respond man.

To answer your question, I think there was potential with the head up your ass angle but the “seeing shit” punchline fell flat.

Posted this in real time a few weeks ago.  But Dr. Fauci was decorated with the UT's Medical School's Ken Shine Award.  His interview and remarks were re-posted here today:  https://dellmed.utexas.edu/news/ready-for-the-next-pandemic?utm_campaign=MDSC_FY20-21_Newsletter_eNews_EML_0121B&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

It's a great conversation he gets into with Dean Johnston.  

30 minutes ago, XYZ said:

To cancel the rodeo two years in a row must be a devastating blow to the Houston economy.

You could say the same thing about SXSW for Austin.  I'm don't know if "devastating" is the right label on a macro level, but Austin rakes in a ton of money every SXSW for hotels, restaurants, bars, music venues, ridesharing, etc., so those segments of the economy are getting a kick in the nuts two years in a row.  Fucking sucks.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

You could say the same thing about SXSW for Austin.  I'm don't know if "devastating" is the right label on a macro level, but Austin rakes in a ton of money every SXSW for hotels, restaurants, bars, music venues, ridesharing, etc., so those segments of the economy are getting a kick in the nuts two years in a row.  Fucking sucks.

At various, specific levels such as bars and restaurants - catastrophic might be a more apt phrase.  Same with the rodeo.  Certain venues are getting crushed and many participants, ranchers, and suppliers have to be hating life right now.  

This second round of economic crush by the pandemic is throwing off a lot of pro-forma/revenue projections for a number of recently delivered/about to be delivered properties in Austin.  If you're a new(er) hotel or venue and you're going to have to skip 2 years out of 10 on spring/summer revenue in Austin, that's like an average venue in an average mid-sized city missing out on 5 years outta 10.  It's gonna compress the shit out of your projected IRR.  You can skip 2 winters outta 10 in Austin, but not 2 Springs & Summers outta 10.  

There'll be a footnote in every real asset/hospitality PPM for a generation that says (*due to Covid-19)

18 hours ago, GRHorn said:

SIAP Here’s one more excuse officially gone, even though we know they’re all debunked by experience around the country. 

No that was just her personal opinion. Not an expert one according to Psaki. 

So we’re just not — she — the — Dr. Walensky spoke to this in her personal capacity.  Obviously, she’s the head of the CDC, but we’re going to wait for the final guidance to come out so we can use that as a guide for schools around the country.

link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/02/04/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-and-national-security-advisor-jake-sullivan-february-4-2021/

The ongoing saga of the Fairfax public schools is fascinating and another example of anti-science putting kids last.

So apparently in Fairfax, teachers' lives are more important than these monitors' lives (if you believe the teachers unions that school is a significant spreader of disease...which it isn't).

And if you want to stop spread, hybrid is probably the absolute WORST option to take.

If there's a good thing to come from 2020, it's that it is blindingly obvious that public sector unions (including police unions and teacher unions) are much, much, much, much, much, much more likely to do public harm than offer anything in the way towards the public good.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

Again Virginia I believe is a right to work state.  Somebody should step in and fire these 2,300 selfish fucks who now want what they consider best of all things.  

If they don't want to do that start monitoring social media and begin terminating teachers who post things that would indicate they are not bunkered down at home 24x7.   That's not the reason you call out when you let them go more like once you round some candidates up  "we're sorry we had to conduct a consolidation and reduction in force due to the ongoing pandemic effects related to future lower tax bases BLAH BLAH BLAH and the 200 of you in this room will not longer be with our district"

It amazes me that they just sit there and seem to have no clue how to deal with this.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Scratching my head over this publication in the American Journal of Medicine which i think advocates for the use of HCQ in the treatment of Covid. I thought that was disproven as an effective treatment?

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(20)30673-2/fulltext

You want a peer reviewed publication, I can get you a peer reviewed publication. There are ways dude. Shit I can get you a peer reviewed paper is some spare journal like AJM by 3pm. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You want a peer reviewed publication, I can get you a peer reviewed publication. There are ways dude. Shit I can get you a peer reviewed paper is some spare journal like AJM by 3pm. 

is it spare? I honestly have no idea. Someone sent this to me.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

is it spare? I honestly have no idea. Someone sent this to me.

Honestly never heard of it before. That article is hot garbage at this phase in the pandemic. Editors should be ridiculed for letting that shit roll to press at this point. NEJM just published another negative RCT. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Honestly never heard of it before. That article is hot garbage at this phase in the pandemic. Editors should be ridiculed for letting that shit roll to press at this point. NEJM just published another negative RCT. 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, take out the R-C-T......sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me.  

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

My kids have been in person since August.  School of 900 and approximately 200 faculty and staff.  There has been no cases of any Covid transmission that occurred at school.

Teachers and students need to get their fucking asses in school now.  We are losing a generation and it is the most vulnerable who are suffering the most.

• Hook 'Em 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away