Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

12 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

So for those of you who are happy that this is happening and are saying that businesses still have the right to make people wear masks, do you also fully support businesses having people who refuse to wear a mask arrested for trespassing when they won't leave? How about suing the people for property damage when we have another round of fit throwing by unstable people like the last time that the state was without a mask mandate?

This is my thought as well.  Remember all of those video from last year of mouth breathing morons freaking out after being told they have to wear a mask in a store?  I am positive we will start seeing these by the end of next week regardless of how the counties and businesses respond as to their continued policies.  I have already seen comments on Facebook from "friends" who say no matter what they aren't wearing masks as of next week.

Oh and how the hell do we still have people on here saying "yeah but you can still wear yer mask...so wut ya worried about partner?"  How is this still a question? Sadly, I know the answer:  because we have all gotten progressively (and exponentially) dumber as a country in the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

So for those of you who are happy that this is happening and are saying that businesses still have the right to make people wear masks, do you also fully support businesses having people who refuse to wear a mask arrested for trespassing when they won't leave? How about suing the people for property damage when we have another round of fit throwing by unstable people like the last time that the state was without a mask mandate?

100% yes. I want to see someone who wouldn't fully support the things you mentioned so I can understand what in the world they are thinking as this is obviously a "heck yes" to your question.

Just now, XYZ said:

Yes. Did you not read the executive order? It’s in there.

Thanks! I imagine most places worth their salt (read: Fortune 500's) are going to enforce a mask policy. I would imagine the very small or family owned businesses are probably the ones who won't.

23 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Sure.  So long as they are treated the same as any other trespassers by the law.  

• Hook 'Em 1

First violent video to go viral of guy at liquor store insisting statewide declaration by Abbott overrides private business guidelines?  I say this time tomorrow.  Also, we're at about 45,000 deaths.  Any death from now on until the end of the calendar year within our borders is on Abbott's lap.  I'm guessing we lose another 30,000 because of this idiocy.  

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh.  So you DO understand exactly how Texas works.  

I think overall I’ll take how we’ve handled Covid compared to plenty of states.  I’d measure per capita death rates and unemployment rates.  What states you think did a lot better and what policies led to that?

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

First violent video to go viral of guy at liquor store insisting statewide declaration by Abbott overrides private business guidelines?  I say this time tomorrow.  Also, we're at about 45,000 deaths.  Any death from now on until the end of the calendar year within our borders is on Abbott's lap.  I'm guessing we lose another 30,000 because of this idiocy.  

So but for the mask mandate being withdrawn we would have zero covid deaths going forward?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Thanks! I imagine most places worth their salt (read: Fortune 500's) are going to enforce a mask policy. I would imagine the very small or family owned businesses are probably the ones who won't.

You can go into any Walmart, Target, Home Depot, etc..  without a mask with  no questions asked most anywhere in NE TExas.

Edited by rpspeed

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Any death from now on until the end of the calendar year within our borders is on Abbott's lap.

I agree it’s too early to releasr mandate but tap the breaks. There’s a metric ton of spread within households because grandpa just had to see his grandkids who picked it up from a birthday party at some friends house and nobody is policing that. Ignorant people are going to ignorate.

This was the primary reason we had the Holiday surge into the olds.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So but for the mask mandate being withdrawn we would have zero covid deaths going forward?

Yeah dude.  That's what I meant (eyeroll).  As a trumper, you should be used to political hyperbole being used for effect.  There's people in the hospital right now that will be dead by tonight that have nothing to do with the mask mandate.  Obviously there's thousands left to die that will have nothing to do with being exposed to some selfish asshole at HEB sans mask.  But in the spirit of idiotic behavior in this state's leadership for the last year (and I'm throwing Adler in there too), I think it's okay to apply their childish logic to their own misdeeds.  Anybody that dies from noon today to noon on New Year's Eve...keep a tracker...it's on Abbott.  Why not?  They'd do the same thing if the tables were turned.  All he did today was condemn several thousands more Texans to die for no reason.  We're not fully out of this mess now until November instead of August because stupid people don't fucking get it. 

You think that 35% of Texans who don't want the vaccine is going to go up or down once they hear all the restrictions are lifted?  I'll give you two guesses.  We just fucked herd immunity by 90 days.  That's all that happened here today.  No businesses were saved, only death. 

Edited by Lobo

With no statewide restrictions in place anymore, no business can claim hardship to their landlords/banks and avoid eviction.  If they can't make the payments now due to just slow business, they're fucked.  This wasn't thought all the way through.  

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah dude.  That's what I meant (eyeroll).  As a trumper, you should be used to political hyperbole being used for effect.  There's people in the hospital right now that will be dead by tonight that have nothing to do with the mask mandate.  Obviously there's thousands left to die that will have nothing to do with being exposed to some selfish asshole at HEB sans mask.  But in the spirit of idiotic behavior in this state's leadership for the last year (and I'm throwing Adler in there too), I think it's okay to apply their childish logic to their own misdeeds.  Anybody that dies from noon today to noon on New Year's Eve...keep a tracker...it's on Abbott.  Why not?  They'd do the same thing if the tables were turned.  All he did today was condemn several thousands more Texans to die for no reason.  We're not fully out of this mess now until November instead of August because stupid people don't fucking get it. 

You think that 35% of Texans who don't want the vaccine is going to go up or down once they hear all the restrictions are lifted?  I'll give you two guesses.  We just fucked herd immunity by 90 days.  That's all that happened here today.  No businesses were saved, only death. 

There are 15 states that no longer have mask mandates.  Is there any evidence that removal of mask mandates in those states has been detrimental to public health or reduced the desire for vaccines?

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Probably.  Depends on the state and when they did it, and how enforcement went.  Lots of variables.  Sorry, but Texas' track record for stupidity has really been skyrocketing lately.  We didn't even have a guy to turn the lever at the fucking Austin Water Plant.  I mean, we're on a fucking roll lately.  Any list of states doing stupid shit and suffering the consequences, we'll be at the top at year's end.  

Dear Texas, 

Thank you for your outstanding good choices today. 

Sincerely,

South Africa Variant, UK Variant, & Brazil Variant.

I just bought texasvariant.com and texascovidvariant.com 

Stay tuned for important public health official made up by me and my former friend, Governor Dipshit.  

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

There are 15 states that no longer have mask mandates.  Is there any evidence that removal of mask mandates in those states has been detrimental to public health or reduced the desire for vaccines?

Duh, Covid knows which states are the "smart" states and which states are "the rubes OMG the rubes" states

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Probably.  Depends on the state and when they did it, and how enforcement went.  Lots of variables.  Sorry, but Texas' track record for stupidity has really been skyrocketing lately.  We didn't even have a guy to turn the lever at the fucking Austin Water Plant.  I mean, we're on a fucking roll lately.  Any list of states doing stupid shit and suffering the consequences, we'll be at the top at year's end.  

Dear Texas, 

Thank you for your outstanding good choices today. 

Sincerely,

South Africa Variant, UK Variant, & Bra

This isn't just lifting the mask mandate.  It allows businesses to operate at capacity. Those jobs and businesses are important.  The financial ruin that leads to misery and deaths caused by mitigation measures forced by state and local governments -- which to me appear fucking worthless -- is never accounted for.

• Hook 'Em 1

North Dakota did the reverse. Had no mask mandate, got to be the worst state in the nation in almost every per-capita metric.  Then they brought on mitigation requirements, most adhered to them (and that's a stupid fucking state), and most metrics went down to the middle-of-the-pack.  I think this would have been "okay" in May/June and expected in "July/August", he violated so much of his own math with the announcement.  That's what's so bizarre.  His own administration's registration site just got back to being effective again from the storm on Monday, now it's fucking down again.  

This is the worst sleight of hand I think I've ever seen in Texas.  And I once watched Craig James throw a beach towel over a pile of dead hookers and say "Ta-Da!"  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

North Dakota did the reverse. Had no mask mandate, got to be the worst state in the nation in almost every per-capita metric.  Then they brought on mitigation requirements, most adhered to them (and that's a stupid fucking state), and most metrics went down to the middle-of-the-pack.  I think this would have been "okay" in May/June and expected in "July/August", he violated so much of his own math with the announcement.  That's what's so bizarre.  His own administration's registration site just got back to being effective again from the storm on Monday, now it's fucking down again.  

This is the worst sleight of hand I think I've ever seen in Texas.  And I once watched Craig James throw a beach towel over a pile of dead hookers and say "Ta-Da!"  

North Dakota's unemployment rate is 4%.

I just was at heb and read this news walking to my car. I threw my mask on the ground in defiance. A hot woman in her early 30s saw me do it, then marched over and started making out with me. It was like VJ Day. We’re back everybody. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I just was at heb and read this news walking to my car. I threw my mask on the ground in defiance. A hot woman in her early 30s saw me do it, then marched over and started making out with me. It was like VJ Day. We’re back everybody. 

Well, did you cum?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Vaccine Jizz Day

North Dakota had a mask mandate, and is one of the top vaccinating states in the country.

Wasn't the official pandemic announcement put down on 11 March, 2020?  

So when his inevitable batshit Qanon primary contender says, "Governor Abbott put these draconian restrictions on your freedoms for a full year!" 

Governor Abbott can at least retort, "No!  It was 51 weeks asshole!"   

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah............now.  

North Dakota has a high death rate but did not ruin their economy and the finances of their residents. Other states have a high death rate, high unemployment rate, and fucked over every retail business that isn't a big chain or Amazon. I suspect the latter will have higher excess deaths when you factor in suicides and substance abuse caused by the ineffective mitigation mandates.

And North Dakota's governor did not get an Emmy or write a book about her successful Covid response.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Mike Pence, the Jewish Space Lasers, and a Mr. Ronan Sinatra are to blame for the before deaths.

Johnnysack-I am aware of the economic woes this pandemic and its shutdowns brought about to every corner of our society.  We have been heavily, heavily impacted financially in my home, and then kicked in the nuts again.  Wife and I buried 3 relatives (1 aunt, 1 uncle, 1 grandparent) in the last year. from Covid-19.  My daughter has been in person learning for 12 months (thankfully she's going back next week, though today's announcement made me shit myself).  Because of her immuno-compromise and other co-morbidities, my sister with Down's Syndrome hasn't been able to do anything in person with her peer group, and she broke down crying to me the other day, "It's been a whole year since I've seen anybody like me."  Only solace I could give her is that she and I have been in this hole before, and I know the way out.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

North Dakota has a high death rate but did not ruin their economy and the finances of their residents. Other states have a high death rate, high unemployment rate, and fucked over every retail business that isn't a big chain or Amazon. I suspect the latter will have higher excess deaths when you factor in suicides and substance abuse caused by the ineffective mitigation mandates.

I'm seeing 1.4% CFR for ND which is below the 1.8% of US.

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm seeing 1.4% CFR for ND which is below the 1.8% of US.

I was looking at per capita death rates, which I believe is the more appropriate measure to fairly judge a state's response.

The CFR speaks to mostly a state's age and racial demographics.  And to a lesser extent the efficacy of the state's hospitals. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

And North Dakota's governor did not get an Emmy or write a book about her successful Covid response.

Comparing the response/resulting statistics of a state who's largest city is 100K to Texas or California or any state with highly concentrated metro centers isn't at all apples to apples. 

If LA or NYC didn't implement the "ineffective mitigation mandates" you really believe the resulting increase in deaths would be less than what they'll now be left with at the hands of suicides and substance abuse?  Yeah right.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away