Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The problem is he's been a bit of an anti-vaxxer in the past. Also, he didn't exactly publicize that the got the vaccine while still in the White House. If he had made a big deal of that at that time then I don't think we see the numbers that we do today with Republican hesitancy.

bullshit guessing with zero facts.  there isn't a "republican hesitancy"

so guess it jumps from sheep now. 

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Scientists at Texas A&M University have identified a new variant of the coronavirus.
The variant was discovered by researchers at the school’s Global Health Research Complex. It’s called the BV-1 variant because of its origins in the Brazos Valley, scientists said.
The case was identified in a saliva sample taken from an off-campus A&M student on March 5, and the student tested positive again on March 25. Scientists said this may indicate the BV-1 variant causes a longer infection in adults age 18-24 than is typical for COVID-19. The student only suffered mild, cold-like symptoms and those symptoms were resolved by April 2.

https://www.click2houston.com/health/2021/04/19/texas-am-scientists-identify-new-variant-of-coronavirus-called-bv-1/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

the Wuhan Flu crowds' mocking laughs and we told you so's are fucking amazing. 

we live in a simulation.

Are we back to Wuhan Flu again?  I thought it was China Virus and Brazilian Wax Strain?  Damnit, I gotta reboot my simulation card.  

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

oh a poll huh? thanks.

Well ok then, how about hard data of who has been vaccinated overlaid with who they voted for? (see the second chart)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/04/17/us/vaccine-hesitancy-politics.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210419&instance_id=29407&nl=the-morning&regi_id=127595523&segment_id=55855&te=1&user_id=1c18ff40e7ac928484b54c7d01a2f342

image.thumb.png.8024edd1a15b2c434985251fad1b37d2.png

If this isn't enough, then I'd really like to know what data you think would be relevant to support the argument one way or another.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Does anyone have a worse track record on this virus than the mythical "Health Experts"?

If your standard for expert and successful scientist is "never wrong", then you're starting to sound a bit like Mac from always sunny lol

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anecdotal but I have a friend who was talking about wanting more time to understand the safety of the vaccine. I pressed him if he meant weeks or years. He said he didn't know.

Vaccine safety is always a legitimate concern. Has there been many proven, widespread complications with any modern vaccine? I know there are frequent problems with pharmaceuticals but those usually involve long term usage. I believe Salk took several years to go from development to usage of the Polio vaccine but I would hope that we have improved on time to market for vaccine over the last 70 years.

bullshit guessing with zero facts.  there isn't a "republican hesitancy"

Oh come on. You’re either willfully ignorant or horrifyingly bad at math.

I don’t even think it’s an issue worth poo flinging over - the best way to make sure 30-40 percent of Republicans don’t get the shot is for Democrats and independents to hammer them on it. But to just not acknowledge it is laughable.

Does anyone have a worse track record on this virus than the mythical "Health Experts"?

Idk probably the guy who thought it’d go away like a miracle and drinking bleach is a good idea.

I actually sympathize with your point to an extent but you walked right into that.
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t even think it’s an issue worth poo flinging over - the best way to make sure 30-40 percent of Republicans don’t get the shot is for Democrats and independents to hammer them on it. But to just not acknowledge it is laughable.

Independents look more like republicans than democrats in that poll that was linked. Notably, independents had the highest rate of "we'll see how it goes". If republicans want to FAFO, let them.  I say work on the category "we'll see how it goes" across the political spectrum (12%, 16%, 7%). There are enough people in that segment across the party id classifications to tilt the herd immunity balance. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2

You mean the guy you can thank for the vaccine being produced in record time? I know that hard for you to admit, but you'll be OK.

Lol. Poor aggy is feisty today. I’ve never had a problem giving Trump administration credit for warp speed. My biggest critique is that the name is stupid. Which is to say, there really isn’t much of a critique with the development. We’re going to look back on it as a miracle. Easily the best thing they ever accomplished and they were absolute fools to not hammer it during the campaign. The obvious caveat being that any other President would’ve done the same thing, but you have to give credit where it’s due.

Independents look more like republicans than democrats in that poll that was linked. Notably, independents had the highest rate of "we'll see how it goes". If republicans want to FAFO, let them.  I say work on the category "we'll see how it goes" across the political spectrum (12%, 16%, 7%). There are enough people in that segment across the party id classifications to tilt the herd immunity balance. 

Agreed, and Republicans are the group for which the trend line has been largely flat, but dcar gonna dcar.

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Shocking that Conservatives would be conservative, right?

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

you do for sure with Fauci as your new overlord.

Lol.

you cumstains spent months in total silence while the highest levels of government lied to our faces (“we will be down to 0 cases”) while saying completely insane shit (“bleach and fucking lasers, man”).

when you weren’t completely silent, you were mocking those “health experts” that warned hundreds of thousands of Americans will die from this (“lol bodies in trees” and daily wuhan flu updates).

then, when that happened, the only thing your mush brains could muster was “virus gonna virus”. The term, of course, means there is nothing the public could, and certainly nothing the federal government could do (or even say) that could impact the results here so “shut the fuck up stupid LIb!”

and now, now all of a sudden you are a big believer in getting the truth from public officials and irate at what you perceive as inconsistent messaging.

listen man, I tend to think Fauci has not communicated very well as this has drug on, but what Igor sure know is you and your merry band of fuckwads can go ahead and shut the fuck up at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Lol.

you cumstains spent months in total silence while the highest levels of government lied to our faces (“we will be down to 0 cases”) while saying completely insane shit (“bleach and fucking lasers, man”).

when you weren’t completely silent, you were mocking those “health experts” that warned hundreds of thousands of Americans will die from this (“lol bodies in trees” and daily wuhan flu updates).

then, when that happened, the only thing your mush brains could muster was “virus gonna virus”. The term, of course, means there is nothing the public could, and certainly nothing the federal government could do (or even say) that could impact the results here so “shut the fuck up stupid LIb!”

and now, now all of a sudden you are a big believer in getting the truth from public officials and irate at what you perceive as inconsistent messaging.

listen man, I tend to think Fauci has not communicated very well as this has drug on, but what Igor sure know is you and your merry band of fuckwads can go ahead and shut the fuck up at this point.

yeah, LOFL whatever.  Fauci and his merry band of politicized idiots didn't know anything they were guessing along with the rest of everyone else.  they were against stopping travel. he even said no need to use masks(he was probably right) and we should go about our business in fucking March for gods sake. then it was lockdown for 2 weeks so we can save the hospitals and Fauci was agreeing with the numbers.  

then it was more lockdowns, then it was 2 masks, after the overrun of the hospitals didn't happen.

And all your little pea brain cabal could say was but OMG highest levels of govt are bad.  then it was OMG Europe is doing is so right and we are such a bunch of stupid muh freedoms types.  then that was proven wrong.

then it was liberal states are doing it so right with lockdowns and then data shows lockdowns and what these states did, did shitall to actually help.  

Yes a lot of people died and it is tragic.  sure we could have shut off travel from Europe immediately and told almost highest levels of govt to fuck right off but we didn't. big mistake. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to the frontline and healthcare workers but what Igor sure knows is that you and your merry band of lockdown overlords can fuck right off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

yeah, LOFL whatever.  Fauci and his merry band of politicized idiots didn't know anything they were guessing along with the rest of everyone else.  they were against stopping travel. he even said no need to use masks(he was probably right) and we should go about our business in fucking March for gods sake. then it was lockdown for 2 weeks so we can save the hospitals and Fauci was agreeing with the numbers.  
then it was more lockdowns, then it was 2 masks, after the overrun of the hospitals didn't happen.
And all your little pea brain cabal could say was but OMG highest levels of govt are bad.  then it was OMG Europe is doing is so right and we are such a bunch of stupid muh freedoms types.  then that was proven wrong.
then it was liberal states are doing it so right with lockdowns and then data shows lockdowns and what these states did, did shitall to actually help.  
Yes a lot of people died and it is tragic.  sure we could have shut off travel from Europe immediately and told almost highest levels of govt to fuck right off but we didn't. big mistake. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to the frontline and healthcare workers but what Igor sure knows is that you and your merry band of lockdown overlords can fuck right off.
tenor.gif
  • Fuck You 1

I'm seeing comments on social media of people saying that being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't still spread or get covid and thus we need to wear masks, social distance, and have lockdowns if needed in perpetuity. Some people see we're slowly climbing out of this thing and their power trip is coming to an end. It's fascinating from a psychological standpoint to watch. Imagine rooting for a pandemic.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

Bring on the vaccine passports and let's get on with life. If those people want to live in fear of getting covid vaccinated, then they can just stay at home.

This is the exact argument the other side was making.  Don’t shut down, if you want to live in fear of catching it, feel free to stay at home. Let’s get on with life.    Simulation indeed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is the exact argument the other side was making.  Don’t shut down, if you want to live in fear of catching it, feel free to stay at home. Let’s get on with life.    Simulation indeed. 
Except I was posting it ironically because it's a stupid fucking take.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:
8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Except I was posting it ironically because it's a stupid fucking take.

Goddamnit. I’ve had an issue with sarcasm lately.  Carry on. 

20 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

so guess it jumps from sheep now. 

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Scientists at Texas A&M University have identified a new variant of the coronavirus.
The variant was discovered by researchers at the school’s Global Health Research Complex. It’s called the BV-1 variant because of its origins in the Brazos Valley, scientists said.
The case was identified in a saliva sample taken from an off-campus A&M student on March 5, and the student tested positive again on March 25. Scientists said this may indicate the BV-1 variant causes a longer infection in adults age 18-24 than is typical for COVID-19. The student only suffered mild, cold-like symptoms and those symptoms were resolved by April 2.

https://www.click2houston.com/health/2021/04/19/texas-am-scientists-identify-new-variant-of-coronavirus-called-bv-1/

mutation began on the shared lip of the jizz jar. 

13 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

At this point, we should just not admit people to the hospital who havent gotten the vaccine, didn't eat a proper diet/exercise in Texas

You get sick and didnt get the vaccine  diet and exercise and had heart problems? Sorry

Still ok?

• Hook 'Em 2

I mentioned a while back that a dad on my son’s baseball team constantly bragged about entering places without a mask and ridiculed anyone that wore one. You’ll be completely shocked to find out that he’s extremely sick with covid and may be hospitalized. He infected his family and possibly my son’s team. I get my 2nd dose tomorrow, does anyone know how much protection one dose provides? 

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I mentioned a while back that a dad on my son’s baseball team constantly bragged about entering places without a mask and ridiculed anyone that wore one. You’ll be completely shocked to find out that he’s extremely sick with covid and may be hospitalized. He infected his family and possibly my son’s team. I get my 2nd dose tomorrow, does anyone know how much protection one dose provides? 

No one should be blamed for getting someone else sick. But there are examples where you're tempted to get pissed at someone for reckless behavior.

• Hook 'Em 1

Moderna and Pfizer have shown to be roughly 80 percent effective two weeks after the first shot.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away