Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

it's not against the law" as if it justifies their abhorrent disregard for how their actions affect others.

This has been the MO for mamy Americans for quite awhile. It’s just amplified during the pandemic. Our republic doesn’t work very well when we focus inward.  

For example - https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/long-lines-at-new-colorado-in-n-out-spark-wild-pantless-fight/

Regardless if one is religious, it would be good to take the attitude of Phillipians 2:3 “Don’t act out of selfish ambition or be conceited. Instead, humbly think of others as being better than yourselves.”

39 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

This has been the MO for mamy Americans for quite awhile. It’s just amplified during the pandemic. Our republic doesn’t work very well when we focus inward.  

For example - https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/long-lines-at-new-colorado-in-n-out-spark-wild-pantless-fight/

Regardless if one is religious, it would be good to take the attitude of Phillipians 2:3 “Don’t act out of selfish ambition or be conceited. Instead, humbly think of others as being better than yourselves.”

In n out?

totally worth it

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool, so....laws suck. The more you tell me it’s illegal to steal shit, the more I will steal. Is that how it works?

Or is that just how it works for sociopaths?

Please point out the law that forbids 10 people to gather around a dead bird (granted, I am not familiar with Bird Law)

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Still waiting for Brisket to explain how 3500 people in El Paso die every year, but add 250 on top of that and suddenly they have to call in the JROTC and Boys Scout Club of America to help work at the morgue.

And the "Hospitals are at 80% capacity!!!!"

Imagine running a business where you panic at running 20% below capacity.

And the "Hospitals are at 80% capacity!!!!"
Imagine running a business where you panic at running 20% below capacity.

People don't die needlessly when the Applebee's you're so desperate to get back to reaches critical capacity. What a head splittingly stupid point you think you've made here.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Laying off staff and complaining about staff shortages seems disingenuous. 

Alright, I'm going to treat this as if you're attempting a serious conversation here.

They aren't laying off ICU staff, which is where Covid patients go. The Operating Room is where a hospital gets the majority of its revenue, and many of those faced periods of being shut down due to the OR staff, beds, and equipment being shifted to treat Covid patients. Ergo, reduced revenue = layoffs. The layoffs have been administrative positions for the most part, and the floor staff who have been laid off have been non-ICU employees. None of the layoffs have any bearing on a hospital's ability to handle Covid volume. So if your argument is "why are the hospitals laying off people then complaining that they don't have ICU capacity" - the answer is.. they're not.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 7

37 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Still waiting for Brisket to explain how 3500 people in El Paso die every year, but add 250 on top of that and suddenly they have to call in the JROTC and Boys Scout Club of America to help work at the morgue.

The 250 died over the course of just a few weeks, those other 3500 die at a rate of about 10 per day and spaced around hospitals, hospice, palliative care, on streets & roads, and at home.  The 250+ (and growing everyday) are dying in just a handful of hospitals and in large per day numbers.  As such, the usual "supply chain" (if you will) of collecting bodies, storing them, autopsies (if necessary), and preparing for burial/cremation is at a real choke point.  They weren't putting prisoners on work-leave at those places for shits 'n giggles.  

Again, this comes back to the fact that if just Covid-19 patients/deceased were the issue...the United States has plenty of hospital and morgue capacity.  The problem is we're still old and fat (makes for a great targeted demographic if running for office though).  So our hospitals and front line workers still have all these other people to care for and the concentration of Covid-19 patients in certain areas really puts a stranglehold on resources.  I am a firm believer in maths.  I do realize that our case numbers in this country are perhaps skewed by the fact we have more tests and a lot of fucking people (not to mention, a lot of hypochondriacs).  But one thing that's pretty fucking fixed is the number of hospital beds we have.  Every month for 100 years, the heads of the hospitals kick up the numbers to the hospital system who kicks it up to the city who kicks it up to county public health who kicks it up to governor who kicks up to FEMA/HHS/POTUS/et. al.  Most people are running around with Covid-19 and may not even know it.  More tests, more cases, yadayadayada. 

But you can't obfuscate chokepoints in hospitals.  You can have temporary hospitals in convention centers and you can repurpose some parts of an existing hospital into an ICU.  But they know their square footage, their absolute capacity, and their human resources to a tee in real time.  Just in Travis County, I've watched in real time...the heads of Saint David's, Ascension-Seton, and Baylor S&W get updates to their bed capacity and what was being dialed-up to ICU and/or dialed-down from ICU, and then kick that up to Austin and Travis County and the State of Texas.  They do it daily.  Those folks don't have time to worry about too many tests, not enough tests, etc.  They just know they have a fixed amount of space and a fixed number of workers who can work a fixed number of hours.  And they have to make all that work, every hour of every day for a year.  And sometimes there are just too many variables, and too much suffering, and too many deaths.  And so yeah, the National Guard has to come pick up some of the bodies.  

Look around at the fucking mall, bingo parlor, or Chili's or wherever you go today.  Our health care system isn't even built for our obesity, propensity for cancer, or drug addiction.  You wanna layer on hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations for a deadly virus and then pretend like it's hyperbole when that cluster of hospitals shouts "mercy!" ???  What the fuck is wrong with you? 

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Please point out the law that forbids 10 people to gather around a dead bird (granted, I am not familiar with Bird Law)

Depending on the jurisdiction, governors and local officials have authority, under their police powers, to temporarily restrict movement, capacity, etc.  Orders are issued, and they have the force of law.  In Texas, the Texas Disaster Act codifies that authority.  The governor has acted pursuant to it, as have local authorities.  So, that's the law.

Our system of law contemplates exigent circumstances that require the exercise of police power without having the time to call in the legislature and pass statutes.  That exercise of power is subject to judicial review -- if it overreaches the state's police power, it can be shot down.  But the authority unquestionably exists, can be exercised, and we have literally centuries of precedent acknowledging as much (we did so during the 1918 pandemic, during wartime, etc.).

babyyaga---Again, we agree on most of this.  I'm just a logistics junkie (and pizza).  I don't see how we could affect that much weight change in that many older people in just a matter of months.  It could be done with younger people who are just more dynamic with change.  But if somebody is 65 and 50-100 pounds overweight, you can just hear their thought process, "I made it this far, I ain't changing course now."  And there is a part of me that understands it, like those really old and heavy people out 'n about that I've been finally noticing.  If you can lug that much fat around for decades, I guess you've just got something going for you on the inside.  I eat and drink like shit for a 3-day weekend and by Sunday night, I'm feeling like ass.  I can't imagine doing that for 3 decades.  

But yeah-there's not much point in getting kids to change course right now except that maybe they've watched an aunt/uncle/grandparent die from this virus and realize a part of it was because that older relative was obese.  You don't wanna traumatize the kid that just lost somebody, but hey---that's how they scared us into not smoking when we were kids.  They threw all this data and science and pictures of black lung at us.  And in the end, what basically put the brakes on teen smoking?  It simply became "uncool."  You saw a teen/20-something smoking and it went from being "What a badass" very quickly to "What the fuck is wrong with that guy?"  I think co-morbidities like obesity, in light of Covid-19, may have a different light shined upon them.  Obesity may go from just being unattractive to "you're a drain on our health care system."  Lazy people of color, Obamacare, illegal immigrants, and Coronavirus aren't the real reason my health insurance is so expensive.  Fat people in rural areas are.  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Depending on the jurisdiction, governors and local officials have authority, under their police powers, to temporarily restrict movement, capacity, etc.  Orders are issued, and they have the force of law.  In Texas, the Texas Disaster Act codifies that authority.  The governor has acted pursuant to it, as have local authorities.  So, that's the law.

Our system of law contemplates exigent circumstances that require the exercise of police power without having the time to call in the legislature and pass statutes.  That exercise of power is subject to judicial review -- if it overreaches the state's police power, it can be shot down.  But the authority unquestionably exists, can be exercised, and we have literally centuries of precedent acknowledging as much (we did so during the 1918 pandemic, during wartime, etc.).

"It depends", while the favorite answer of our litigious crew, is not an answer either.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

"It depends", while the favorite answer of our litigious crew, is not an answer either.  

Well, I gave you the authority in Texas.  My apologies for not knowing the statutes of all 50 states.

And of course, any exercise of legal authority can go too far.  A cop can pull you over and cuff you for a crime, he has legal authority to do that.  They generally can't beat the shit out of you, but....."it depends" -- if it's necessary to defend himself, maybe it's okay.

So, how about a short and direct answer: the governor, mayors, and county judges have the authority to limit gathering sizes in the event of a disaster.  That power is granted by the Texas Disaster Act.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And in the end, what basically put the brakes on teen smoking?  It simply became "uncool."  You saw a teen/20-something smoking and it went from being "What a badass" very quickly to "What the fuck is wrong with that guy?"  I think co-morbidities like obesity, in light of Covid-19, may have a different light shined upon them.  Obesity may go from just being unattractive to "you're a drain on our health care system."  Lazy people of color, Obamacare, illegal immigrants, and Coronavirus aren't the real reason my health insurance is so expensive.  Fat people in rural areas are.  

Exactly - Baffles me how there is such a level of social disdain for smoking, but not for stuffing a bag of Arby's down your throat and a XL Coke.  As for the highlighted part, that is what I'm getting at; yet not seeing for any major health outlets, domestic or international?

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Exactly - Baffles me how there is such a level of social disdain for smoking, but not for stuffing a bag of Arby's down your throat and a XL Coke.  As for the highlighted part, that is what I'm getting at; yet not seeing for any major health outlets, domestic or international?

Because you can't get second hand Arby's, dumbass.

Can you take the "America is too fat" talk to some other thread? This is the Covid thread.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I gave you the authority in Texas.  My apologies for not knowing the statutes of all 50 states.

And of course, any exercise of legal authority can go to far.  A cop can pull you over and cuff you for a crime.  They generally can't beat the shit out of you, but....."it depends" -- if it's necessary to defend himself, maybe it's okay.

So, how about a short and direct answer: the governor, mayors, and county judges have the authority to limit gathering sizes in the event of a disaster.  That power is granted by the Texas Disaster Act.

I understand all that.  The point being that while amended, the verbiage of the law is still vague in parts - case in point, utilizing this section to the point made by @Cheeseweasel regarding 10 people sitting around a dead bird.  Nobody is claiming this authority is not granted, but rather the scope, duration and breadth.

“The governor may control ingress and egress to and from a disaster area and the movement of persons and the occupancy of premises in the area.”

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Because you can't get second hand Arby's, dumbass.

Can you take the "America is too fat" talk to some other thread? This is the Covid thread.

You continue to indicate what a complete and total shit bird you are on every post, and of course the "black/white" irony is delicious considering what you just posted - the point was of course overloading the health system with a determined population of people that have the highest pre-disposition to contract the virus and then suffer the worst effects as it runs it course.  This is directly tied to the data we now know about comorbidity factors and a segment of the population at the highest risk.  A risk that unlike age, they can mitigate.  

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I understand all that.  The point being that while amended, the verbiage of the law is still vague in parts - case in point, utilizing this section to the point made by @Cheeseweasel regarding 10 people sitting around a dead bird.  Nobody is claiming this authority is not granted, but rather the scope, duration and breadth.

Correct.  So, you're AGREEING with my "it depends."  You're kind of bouncing around here.

And the question of whether that authority can include limits on movement and gathering size in general has been litigated and upheld.  Given the current surge in cases and crunch on hospitals, orders limiting gathering size for a period of time would almost certainly be upheld.

You asked for the law that gives this authority.  I gave it to you.  You bitched at me for saying "but of course, it depends,".....and then rebutted me with "yeah, but it depends."  Come on, man.  The authority exists.  It has been upheld in general.  And it has been upheld specifically in similar circumstances (during the initial wave of cases).  You can litigate against it, but based on the current law, you'd lose.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You continue to indicate what a complete and total shit bird you are on every post, and of course the "black/white" irony is delicious considering what you just posted - the point was of course overloading the health system with a determined population of people that have the highest pre-disposition to contract the virus and then suffer the worst effects as it runs it course.  This is directly tied to the data we now know about comorbidity factors and a segment of the population at the highest risk.  A risk that unlike age, they can mitigate.  

We get it. America is fat. Fat people are more at risk of Covid. So what? What's your point? 

You don't have one. It's one more in a line of posts attempting to obfuscate the real issues behind Covid. "Look, a squirrel!". It's not a productive conversation - but you already know that. That's sort of the point. You and the "Covid is the flu!" crew continue to throw dumb ass low-information nonsense at the wall and then pivot when you're repeatedly proven wrong. 

Besides the general point of how useless the conversation around fat people is, who do you think has caused more Covid deaths? Fat people, or "muh freedoms" people like you that feel like it's totally okay for you to go and engage in needlessly risky activities and ultimately create more virus spread? 

We all know the answer. The fat people sidebar is just another of many attempts to derail the conversation away from people like you who believe that their freedom to go eat jalapeno poppers is more important than a duty to be a responsible and conscientious member of a society. 

"Well, it's certainly not me and all of my friends who are going and engaging in known risky behaviors that are creating unnecessary spread of Covid - it's the fat people!"

We all see through it. 

Edited by BradInATX

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The 250 died over the course of just a few weeks, those other 3500 die at a rate of about 10 per day and spaced around hospitals, hospice, palliative care, on streets & roads, and at home.  The 250+ (and growing everyday) are dying in just a handful of hospitals and in large per day numbers.  As such, the usual "supply chain" (if you will) of collecting bodies, storing them, autopsies (if necessary), and preparing for burial/cremation is at a real choke point.  They weren't putting prisoners on work-leave at those places for shits 'n giggles. 

Absolutely and utterly untrue.  This isn't twitter conspiracy -- this is straight from the county office.

The highest t-2wk death count was 40....and dropping.  For the past month, it's been about 1 person per day.  Per-day death count is charted at the bottom, going back to the start of the pandemic.

It's also septuagenarians and octogenarians, and even fucking older.

image.png

Yes, if the hospital is overloaded due specifically to covid cases, it draws resources from other folks.

Yes, if you are an 80 year old, you should probably stay the fuck at home (which is what wife's nonna is doing).  If I was an 80 year old, i'd stay the fuck at home.

I wear a mask everywhere in according with local regulations and policies and customs (which includes NONE back in my residence country).  I've taken 4 tests and currently abiding by quarantine rules where I am now (until test results gets accepted). 

This isnt my hill to practice contrarianism... im just saying Brisket needs to be honest about the type of sensationalist panic he spreads.

14 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Absolutely and utterly untrue.  This isn't twitter conspiracy -- this is straight from the county office.

The highest t-2wk death count was 40....and dropping.  For the past month, it's been about 1 person per day.  Per-day death count is charted at the bottom, going back to the start of the pandemic.

It's also septuagenarians and octogenarians, and even fucking older.

image.png

Yes, if the hospital is overloaded due specifically to covid cases, it draws resources from other folks.

Yes, if you are an 80 year old, you should probably stay the fuck at home (which is what wife's nonna is doing).  If I was an 80 year old, i'd stay the fuck at home.

I wear a mask everywhere in according with local regulations and policies and customs (which includes NONE back in my residence country).  I've taken 4 tests and currently abiding by quarantine rules where I am now (until test results gets accepted). 

This isnt my hill to practice contrarianism... im just saying Brisket needs to be honest about the type of sensationalist panic he spreads.

Dead people isn't the only negative outcome.  Critical patients that make it very difficult to care for them all is another negative outcome.

I have been in regular conversations with some folks in El Paso directly involved in the issue -- trust me when I tell you that I am underselling the nature of the crisis there.  That crisis involves a shitload of really, really sick people.  A shitload of people in critical care.  And yes, a relative shitload of people dying.

We changed our entire approach to security and governance when 3,000 people died in 2001.  I don't think we're being sensationalist by taking significant measures to an event that has killed a quarter million and counting.  And, AGAIN, death is not the only measure of negative outcomes.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  So, you're AGREEING with my "it depends."  You're kind of bouncing around here.

And the question of whether that authority can include limits on movement and gathering size in general has been litigated and upheld.  Given the current surge in cases and crunch on hospitals, orders limiting gathering size for a period of time would almost certainly be upheld.

You asked for the law that gives this authority.  I gave it to you.  You bitched at me for saying "but of course, it depends,".....and then rebutted me with "yeah, but it depends."  Come on, man.  The authority exists.  It has been upheld in general.  And it has been upheld specifically in similar circumstances (during the initial wave of cases).  You can litigate against it, but based on the current law, you'd lose.

I never asked for who gave you the authority?  I asked about the nuances of how the laws are being interpreted (with example)  and the duration - we know the period of time for the governor is 30 days.  Is he going to string along 30 days cycles into perpetuity?  These are the questions people have, and they are valid questions.  

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

in my new favorite city of el paso, 4 times as many people die from heart disease and diabeetus , every year, than from covid. 

thats a fact. not obfuscation like.... imaginary 3 year olds and bodies spilling out of graves.

interpret from those numbers any point you want.  if you cant - youre the dumbass.

You can't even get your numbers right. You based your whole "analysis" on 250 deaths and there are almost 1,000 in El Paso. You're a clown.

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dead people isn't the only negative outcome.  Critical patients that make it very difficult to care for them all is another negative outcome.

I have been in regular conversations with some folks in El Paso directly involved in the issue -- trust me when I tell you that I am underselling the nature of the crisis there.  That crisis involves a shitload of really, really sick people.  A shitload of people in critical care.  And yes, a relative shitload of people dying.

We changed our entire approach to security and governance when 3,000 people died in 2001.  I don't think we're being sensationalist by taking significant measures to an event that has killed a quarter million and counting.  And, AGAIN, death is not the only measure of negative outcomes.

I'm not interested in your anecdotal conversations with folks.  I'm interested in clear numbers.  A "relative shitload", in this case, is still relatively less than number of people who die falling from ladders and stairs (death caused by unintentional injury).

It could very well be that thousands of people in El Paso are really, really sick, on the BRINK of death, and causing a hospitalization crisis.  And that would indeed be terrible.  (No sarcasm.)

But when you throw alarmist shit around like overflowing body in winnebagos from unprecedented death rates, that is completely dishonest.  If it was unintentional, now you know.  If you did it intentionally, shame on you. 

the modern hospital system isn't built for this.  we can't change that now.  when Hong Kong flu hit(160K-180K deaths adjusted for population) hospitals weren't really run by bean counters.

HK flu half the deaths were under 65. can you imagine the hysteria now with that?

we are likely worse off healthwise AND, due to medicine advances, more people are living longer with co-morbidities that when something like this happens that attacks older people/comorbid folks its going to be worse.

As the ex Obama official and Fauci said.  we got extremely lucky with H1N1 as it effected the young but ended up being an extremely weak transmissive virus.

Just now, BabaYaga said:

I never asked for who gave you the authority?  I asked about the nuances of how the laws are being interpreted (with example)  and the duration - we know the period of time for the governor is 30 days.  Is he going to string along 30 days cycles into perpetuity?  These are the questions people have, and they are valid questions.  

Sure, they're valid questions.  The question will be evaluated based on the circumstances.  If the circumstances continue -- and we have a pandemic that is causing ANOTHER surge in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths -- then it will almost certainly be upheld.

Courts have already acknowledged that this pandemic is different from other, more transitory disasters.  A hurricane comes, and then it's over.  There's not a second and third wave of flooding from a Hurricane Harvey, months after the first wave.  The fact that the governor (and other authorities) are revisiting and then renewing their orders on a limited basis (30 days at a time) makes them much more likely to withstand scrutiny.  Metaphor: they enact an emergency order because shit's on fire.  After 30 days, they ask "is shit still on fire?"  It is.  So they extend the order.  Then 30 days later, they ask "is shit still on fire?  It is, but just a little bit?  Cool, let's relax the emergency order."  Then 30 days later, "is shit still on fire?  What, the fire just got big again?  Okay, well, dial the orders back up."

That process is going to survive court scrutiny.  I'm not going to say that there wouldn't be an element here and there that a court would strike down, but generally speaking, these types of emergency orders in this type of circumstance are tested and approved.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the modern hospital system isn't built for this.  we can't change that now.  when Hong Kong flu hit(160K-180K deaths adjusted for population) hospitals weren't really run by bean counters.

HK flu half the deaths were under 65. can you imagine the hysteria now with that?

we are likely worse off healthwise AND, due to medicine advances, more people are living longer with co-morbidities that when something like this happens that attacks older people/comorbid folks its going to be worse.

As the ex Obama official and Fauci said.  we got extremely lucky with H1N1 as it effected the young but ended up being an extremely weak transmissive virus.

You know what would help make sure our healthcare system stays intact exponentially more than rounding up fat people and sending them to the gulags? If people stopped engaging in risky behavior and spreading the virus.

Ya'll wanna talk about that or nah?

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bruh, you can't even get your numbers right. Your entire "analysis" was based off of your belief that El Paso has 250 Covid deaths. The number is almost 1,000.

I'm not going to engage you until you learn to use Google.

https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/covid19data-dashboard

Somebody's gonna have to phone El Paso Co to take you on as a superstar intern.

Edited by 52-80
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

You know what would help make sure our healthcare system stays intact exponentially more than rounding up fat people and sending them to the gulags? If people stopped engaging in risky behavior and spreading the virus.

Ya'll wanna talk about that or nah?

yes huge packed outdoor celebrations are a bad idea...

22 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I can make stupid statements too, and do. 

Motto-worthy.

31 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

In my entire country?  NONE.  2 deaths to people under the age of 39.  Total.  For the year.

Anecdotes and all, but I know a mid-30s women who went from a positive test to dead within about a week. This all happened in the past month. She was overweight. This is the 6th death from this in my circle. Three were overweight and the other three were at least 70, but they’re still all dead.

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Hahaha this fuckin' joker 52-80 built an entire analysis showing that 4x as many people die of Heart Disease vs. Covid in El Paso

The site he used to get his El Paso Covid Deaths:

image.png.fc198500e81f7f818ce17c49476a980f.png

Anyone see the problem?

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Damn. That's embarrassing for you, 5280. Don't quit your day job, son.

Man I was sitting here totally bottled that their dashboard could be that far off from reported numbers.  I know some places fudge numbers one way or another with how they interpret death certificates and such, but 250 total deaths for a place that's rolling in mobile morgues, using prisoner labor to help carry bodies, and bringing in the NG to help process bodies because they need help just didn't make sense.  

Edited by TXSG8R
  • Like 1

Hahaha this fuckin' joker 52-80 built an entire analysis showing that 4x as many people die of Heart Disease vs. Covid in El Paso

The site he used to get his El Paso Covid Deaths:

image.png.fc198500e81f7f818ce17c49476a980f.png

El Paso County Colorado (720k), has a larger population than El Paso, TX (680k)

Comparative death numbers of heart disease vs covid, was comparing using same population, numbers from CO Department of Public Health and Environment.

Guess what the "5280" of my user name is in reference, shitwad

• Fuck You 1

Just now, 52-80 said:

El Paso County Colorado (720k), has a larger population than El Paso, TX (680k)

Comparative death numbers of heart disease vs covid, was comparing using same population, numbers from CO Department of Public Health and Environment.

Guess what the "5280" of my user name is in reference, shitwad

"I TOTALLY MEANT TO DO THAT!"

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Edited by BradInATX
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I'm not interested in your anecdotal conversations with folks.  I'm interested in clear numbers.  A "relative shitload", in this case, is still relatively less than number of people who die falling from ladders and stairs (death caused by unintentional injury).

No, in El Paso, it's an actual shitload.  1,000 dead from COVID, so far.  Right now, 1,000 hospitalized, 300 of them in the ICU.  That is a mass-casualty event, by any benchmark.

And I truly can't reveal the nature of my conversations with people in El Paso -- but I am most certainly not lying to you, and these are not mere "anecdotes."  These are the people actually dealing with this crisis, on a minute-by-minute basis.

It could very well be that thousands of people in El Paso are really, really sick, on the BRINK of death, and causing a hospitalization crisis.  

There are.  Those numbers of 1000 hospitalized and 300 in the ICU are rolling -- there have been several times that number, collectively, over the past weeks.  There is a hospitalization crisis.  For fuck's sake, it's been covered extensively by national news.  The tents and morgue trucks aren't theater props.

But when you throw alarmist shit around like overflowing body in winnebagos from unprecedented death rates, that is completely dishonest.  If it was unintentional, now you know.  If you did it intentionally, shame on you. 

In what fucking world is it "dishonest" to point out an actual, verifiable fact?  Fucking seriously, what the fucking fuck is wrong with you?

5fb98c2250e71a0011556aeb?width=1100&form

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away