Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Or it could be a lot of people that were exposed before the lockdown just getting around to being symptomatic enough to get tested. And deaths, well we know what that lag time is so lockdown shouldn’t be affecting those numbers yet. 

What about today's stats

23 deaths.....2142 new cases.      

I guess they can just lock it down a couple more weeks.....nobody in NM will care

Just now, Hpara759 said:

What about today's stats

23 deaths.....2142 new cases.      

I guess they can just lock it down a couple more weeks.....nobody in NM will care

It’s only been 12 days per your post upthread. So yeah I don’t think there’s enough data yet based on the usual incubation period of the illness to say either way. 

4 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

aggy doing their best right now to prolong the pandemic. Let's pack that stadium and sing...

No kidding. Husband has the game on and it’s not a great look. He watched some other games earlier and said the Bama game was spaced out well. 

I mean it is outside but not ideal when people are yelling with no mask in large groups. 

No kidding. Husband has the game on and it’s not a great look. He watched some other games earlier and said the Bama game was spaced out well. 

I mean it is outside but not ideal when people are yelling with no mask in large groups. 
Aren't they going 75% capacity? I mean if all those other schools are going to go 25% capacity, may as well make a statement right?

7 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

Something isn't working in New Mexico pop. 2.3 mil 

Yesterday they report 35 deaths and 2076 new cases. They have been on a new  lock down since the 16th....(and you can check out their lock down rules...they are pretty strick)

The plight of New Mexico is a prime example of the foolishness of blaming or praising states based on spread of the disease.

Consider that NM was held up as a model in controlling the spread by none of than Scientific American...right before their cases started skyrocketing.

A good rule of thumb as it pertains to this virus - the more certain someone is in their convictions, the less science-y they are.  Real science involves humility and continually questioning assumptions.

Spiking the football at the 5 yard line is not a good look in football or this.

And then, as my man Younyang Gu points out, we have a media that is hopelessly biased and seems to revel in pitting states against each other ("Look at these states doing great while those states want Grandma to die").

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If NM has been trying hard since sep 9, then obviously I’ll take back my comments about not enough data. I was going off the poster using 11/16 as the beginning of the tougher restrictions.  Guess it depends on the actual behavior of the populace more so than the urgings or restriction implemented by the politicians and not really enforced by the local constabulary. 

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If NM has been trying hard since sep 9, then obviously I’ll take back my comments about not enough data. I was going off the poster using 11/16 as the beginning of the tougher restrictions.  Guess it depends on the actual behavior of the populace more so than the urgings or restriction implemented by the politicians and not really enforced by the local constabulary. 

No fucking way...

9 hours ago, Message Board User said:

The plight of New Mexico is a prime example of the foolishness of blaming or praising states based on spread of the disease.

Consider that NM was held up as a model in controlling the spread by none of than Scientific American...right before their cases started skyrocketing.

A good rule of thumb as it pertains to this virus - the more certain someone is in their convictions, the less science-y they are.  Real science involves humility and continually questioning assumptions.

Spiking the football at the 5 yard line is not a good look in football or this.

And then, as my man Younyang Gu points out, we have a media that is hopelessly biased and seems to revel in pitting states against each other ("Look at these states doing great while those states want Grandma to die").

image.jpeg.25a7358215a8f25a8b63be1b1e0b3e60.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Message Board User said:

When I first heard about this award (and his book deal for that matter) I thought it was a prank or something from the Onion.

If anyone left out there thinks we need proof we're prepping Gatorade for next year's crops that pretty much seals it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, slorch said:

so it's a Florida drink that stabs bulldogs?

And has a slightly lower death toll than NY.   For now.   I’d take Cuomo over Abbot in a fight.   I’d even throw in Paxton and Danny Goeb.

But I love bagging on politicians and policies I don’t vote for halfway across the country.  My name is Kyle and I like mustard.  

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Well we’ve come full circle, and @kyle still likes mustard on his biscuits, when the aliens fly in to hand MAGA man his election like a divine erection.   Or some such.  

Wear a fucking mask and stop spending time indoors with other people.  It’s not that difficult.  

thats what New Mexico did

christ you mofos are on repeat. 

a 12 day lockdown is pointless. a lockdown where 95% of the people actually lockdown (doubt its even that high anywhere in the US) is pointless. the fucking virus is a beautifully crafted wedding crasher and all this arguing about various measures in short time frames is just wasted energy. 

by comparison in my place of existence we had to have a 4 month lockdown. four months. 120 days. not 12 days. not 2 weeks. and this in a very docile country with folks actually listening to their government. a security guard screwed a person in quarantine and that led to like 10k cases or some shit.

you will never be able to stop dumb fat people from fucking. 

there is no stopping this fucking thing unless you do an actual multi-month lockdown or just don't give a fuck. everything in between is pointless. just like kyle

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

christ you mofos are on repeat. 
a 12 day lockdown is pointless. a lockdown where 95% of the people actually lockdown (doubt its even that high anywhere in the US) is pointless. the fucking virus is a beautifully crafted wedding crasher and all this arguing about various measures in short time frames is just wasted energy. 
by comparison in my place of existence we had to have a 4 month lockdown. four months. 120 days. not 12 days. not 2 weeks. and this in a very docile country with folks actually listening to their government. a security guard screwed a person in quarantine and that led to like 10k cases or some shit.
you will never be able to stop dumb fat people from fucking. 
there is no stopping this fucking thing unless you do an actual multi-month lockdown or just don't give a fuck. everything in between is pointless. just like kyle
giphy.gif

Gonna be interesting when you start letting outsiders in, whenever. Or will they need a vaccine?
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Gonna be interesting when you start letting outsiders in, whenever. Or will they need a vaccine?

yeah who knows. only letting in citizens at a trickle. for sure assume a vaccine will be required. the juxtaposition of this hardline versus the semi half assedness of the US is crazy

sure seems like there is a middle ground somewhere. the bit learned here was two populations that didn't/couldn't lockdown were A) kids that don't give AF and B) poorer, mainly immigrant populations that have to work pay check to pay check (and of course keep the lights on in the city). those two turned a 6 week lockdown into 4 months. 

anyway, you homies be safe. it will be over sometime soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://apple.news/AKPlKemYlThe9x_zTO4r26A

The new coronavirus infected people in the U.S. in mid-December 2019, a few weeks before it was officially identified in China and about a month earlier than public health authorities found the first U.S. case, according to a government study published Monday.

Well ya. If this was spreading in Wuhan unbeknownst in November, it was probably on a flight to the USA a few days later

So China weaponized this biological flu and sent it to us even earlier than we thought?  

Somebody please explain to me then why we didn't retaliate or at least take wartime defensive measures?  

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Syncs nicely with all the Nov-Dec WTF flu that was happening on the West Coast last year.

There was a study done that showed a rapid increase in influenza like illnesses in November and December. I had posted it earlier in this thread 

Cool Fauci event tonight:  https://celebrate.usglc.org/    (open to all) 

Trigger Warning:  It will be celebrating his work in weird shit like science.  USGLC (25th anniv) is a non-partisan organization, FYI.  Colin Powell brought it onto our radar, FWIW and it's operating with direct partnership assistance from the CURRENT U.S. Department of State.  It's been an honor for me to serve the organization.  Tune in tonight with a cocktail.   

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

There was a study done that showed a rapid increase in influenza like illnesses in November and December. I had posted it earlier in this thread 

We have friends from the Seattle area that had some flu-like illness in that timeframe, and tested negative for flu, but definitely felt like shit, and it lasted a bit.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away