Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I ain't contorting anything - I'm waiting.

There's no "politics" to this. China's government is to blame regardless, whether it be through a) not enforcing their ban on eating wild weird shit that's not fit for human consumption from a wet market, b) not having proper protocols to keep it in check in a lab, or c) intentionally (god forbid) unleashing the virus on themselves or the rest of the world.

As of this moment, I'm not staking a claim on anything. Again, the only reason I posted was to point out the dumbassery of a certain couple of posters who a) made a definitive statement and 2) attempted to call out others by pointing at the hypocrisy of others while saying that folks don't think in nuance.

Go back to my OP:

How have they not been punished for their deception & refusal cooperate?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-refuses-to-give-who-raw-data-on-early-covid-19-cases-11613150580

This was called out almost a year ago by various politicans and professionals yet it was met with criticism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

There's no "politics" to this. China's government is to blame regardless, whether it be through a) not enforcing their ban on eating wild weird shit that's not fit for human consumption from a wet market, b) not having proper protocols to keep it in check in a lab, or c) intentionally (god forbid) unleashing the virus on themselves or the rest of the world.

and/or, perhaps? with respect.

The eating weird food category is troubled as a solution. nature does not respect national borders. Biological vectors are under constant attack as nature does her thing. Plus it's irrelevant and not helpful; it stokes racial animus, which fan the flames of war. And it makes us as Americans look silly. We american folk ingest some seriously weird shit. 

Weird vectors with nature are widgets in this analysis. They are everywhere and do not respect national borders. I would say that is least likely. YMMV and I reserve the right to be wrong.

If it did spring from nature, like if satan's spawn gave Pampa, Texas VD for instance, you couldn't blame the Pampalese People for spawning it - or god forbid Texas or the United States or democracy or freedom. There are rules, man - you don't leave the Pampalese behind on the battlefiled. 

Leave the poor people of wuhan alone. They are just gamers perfecting their pots of chili. Like them cretins up in Pampa.

Spoiler

Now that we have solved that.  That leaves one question for me - was it intentional or in error? Or both. 

If not, human err - eliminate the possibility of this error reoccurring.

If it was intentional, it must have been rogue, I would think. Biological warfare is serious shit for humans. Economically, the virus has brought us to a rather precarious brink. 

I am hoping Mother Nature was giving us a wakeup call, rather than an eviction notice. We haven't been kind to her. and ffs, no more dumb wars.

What does the credible science say - at the present. Any indication of intent unleash the virus on humanity?  What have the hard sciences found and reported on the origin of the virus?  Anything or is that all proprietary?

• Hook 'Em 1

and/or, perhaps? with respect.
The eating weird food category is troubled as a solution. nature does not respect national borders. Biological vectors are under constant attack as nature does her thing. Plus it's irrelevant and not helpful; it stokes racial animus, which fan the flames of war. And it makes us as Americans look silly. We american folk ingest some seriously weird shit. 
Weird vectors with nature are widgets in this analysis. They are everywhere and do not respect national borders. I would say that is least likely. YMMV and I reserve the right to be wrong.
If it did spring from nature, like if satan's spawn gave Pampa, Texas VD for instance, you couldn't blame the Pampalese People for spawning it - or god forbid Texas or the United States or democracy or freedom. There are rules, man - you don't leave the Pampalese behind on the battlefiled. 
Leave the poor people of wuhan alone. They are just gamers perfecting their pots of chili. Like them cretins up in Pampa.
Spoiler

Now that we have solved that.  That leaves one question for me - was it intentional or in error? Or both. 
If not, human err - eliminate the possibility of this error reoccurring.
If it was intentional, it must have been rogue, I would think. Biological warfare is serious shit for humans. Economically, the virus has brought us to a rather precarious brink. 
I am hoping Mother Nature was giving us a wakeup call, rather than an eviction notice. We haven't been kind to her. and ffs, no more dumb wars.

What does the credible science say - at the present. Any indication of intent unleash the virus on humanity?  What have the hard sciences found and reported on the origin of the virus?  Anything or is that all proprietary?

Not one person here has blamed the Chinese people. When posters say it is China’s fault, they are talking about the Chinese government. The Chinese government flat out lied about this from the beginning. If they hadn’t lied, millions of lives would not had been impacted the way they have over the last year. Spare us all the preachy bullshit about racism. That is not what this is.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Most of the people criticizing the small July 4 gathering comment have been gathering indoors no masks since last March. The people on the opposite side of the spectrum will probably have small fully vaxxed gatherings before July 4th. The government is supposed to issues cautious advice 

but since politics is about expressing manufactures outrage, let’s continue 

• Hook 'Em 1

Most of the people criticizing the small July 4 gathering comment have been gathering indoors no masks since last March. The people on the opposite side of the spectrum will probably have small fully vaxxed gatherings before July 4th. The government is supposed to issues cautious advice 

I think more along the line of by July everyone that wants a vaccine should have been able to get it, so anyone that didn’t get it can roll the dice or protect themselves.

Well, do the math.  Most people that opt for the vaccine will be taking Moderna or Pfizer so that's 3-4 weeks plus 2 weeks of no serious symptoms to be considered "fully immunized"  5-10% of the adult population can't get it for medical or religious reasons.  25% of the adult population won't get the vaccine because "Empowered Stupidity" (copyright pending).  Plus, even for the best intentioned people, there's gonna be days of technical issues here and there, a logistical hiccup, etc.  

I think end of July is more likely based on the extrapolation of the math.  There's just too many people still that aren't going to take it.  Now, that would be okay if those people would know their place and stay home and shut the fuck up.  But the kinda people that refuse the vaccine are the kind of folks that are gonna mass-gather, unmask, let their fat wives talk a lot, etc.  Those people are fucking up our herd trajectory on multiple fronts.  We're going back to complete normalcy in my household by late July, your parents and vulnerable loved ones can get fucked after that.  We did our part and then some for 18 months at that point.  Wife went way above and beyond to help people in our community.  I'm done pretending like "We're Texans, we take care of one another."  It's a fucking lie we tell ourselves so we can piss on people and tell 'em it's raining.  

Every time I get optimistic about how we're nearing the last lap of this debacle...I read new and interesting examples of psychopaths living among us.  The latest one being some version of either, "I'm not getting the vaccine because it'll only protect me for a year or so, and I'll have to get it next year after the variants anyway."  I have heard/read this multiple times.  What the fuck do you people think the flu vaccine is?  Every year for your adult life because it mutates every season.  The other one is, "I'm not getting the vaccine because the messaging hasn't been clear/great."  Duh Fuh?  You're not put yourself and those around you at serious risk because you doubt the marketing prowess of the CDC (whose marketing team by the way...doesn't fucking exist!)?  

Empowered Stupidity.  It's just managing levels of idiocy at this point now.  That's America's new full-time job.    

14 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

You still believe that?  White House COS

Most of America’s goal, full 4th of July like we’ve always done before. 

57 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The criticism comes because people dislike the implied message that his/the government’s consent is required for such activities at this point in the pandemic. To most people I think it comes off as still clinging to control over people’s day to day lives when it’s no longer warranted, if it ever was. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Most of America’s goal, full 4th of July like we’ve always done before. 

The criticism comes because people dislike the implied message that his/the government’s consent is required for such activities at this point in the pandemic. To most people I think it comes off as still clinging to control over people’s day to day lives when it’s no longer warranted, if it ever was. 

He even talked about mutated strains of the virus. Seems like he wouldn't mind keep it up.

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, do the math.  Most people that opt for the vaccine will be taking Moderna or Pfizer so that's 3-4 weeks plus 2 weeks of no serious symptoms to be considered "fully immunized"  5-10% of the adult population can't get it for medical or religious reasons.  25% of the adult population won't get the vaccine because "Empowered Stupidity" (copyright pending).  Plus, even for the best intentioned people, there's gonna be days of technical issues here and there, a logistical hiccup, etc.  

I think end of July is more likely based on the extrapolation of the math.  There's just too many people still that aren't going to take it.  Now, that would be okay if those people would know their place and stay home and shut the fuck up.  But the kinda people that refuse the vaccine are the kind of folks that are gonna mass-gather, unmask, let their fat wives talk a lot, etc.  Those people are fucking up our herd trajectory on multiple fronts.  We're going back to complete normalcy in my household by late July, your parents and vulnerable loved ones can get fucked after that.  We did our part and then some for 18 months at that point.  Wife went way above and beyond to help people in our community.  I'm done pretending like "We're Texans, we take care of one another."  It's a fucking lie we tell ourselves so we can piss on people and tell 'em it's raining.  

Every time I get optimistic about how we're nearing the last lap of this debacle...I read new and interesting examples of psychopaths living among us.  The latest one being some version of either, "I'm not getting the vaccine because it'll only protect me for a year or so, and I'll have to get it next year after the variants anyway."  I have heard/read this multiple times.  What the fuck do you people think the flu vaccine is?  Every year for your adult life because it mutates every season.  The other one is, "I'm not getting the vaccine because the messaging hasn't been clear/great."  Duh Fuh?  You're not put yourself and those around you at serious risk because you doubt the marketing prowess of the CDC (whose marketing team by the way...doesn't fucking exist!)?  

Empowered Stupidity.  It's just managing levels of idiocy at this point now.  That's America's new full-time job.    

People who are fully vaccinated should do whatever the fuck they want to.  They shouldn't limit jack shit.

If you choose not to get the vaccination, fuck you, I will not do anything to protect you.

Its a terrible message to send to anyone on the fence.  Get vaccinated, get to have a small family gathering?  LOL, that's what safe people did before we had a vaccine.  that's the same shit the CDC was recommending for Thanksgiving.

3 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

People who are fully vaccinated should do whatever the fuck they want to.  They shouldn't limit jack shit.

If you choose not to get the vaccination, fuck you, I will not do anything to protect you.

Its a terrible message to send to anyone on the fence.  Get vaccinated, get to have a small family gathering?  LOL, that's what safe people did before we had a vaccine.  that's the same shit the CDC was recommending for Thanksgiving.

The problem is that we still don't know for sure if the vaccine fully prevents a person from spreading it.  (The Texas Rangers baseball front office now sticks their fingers in their ears and pretends they didn't read that.)

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

All ya'll parsing literal individual words and getting outraged over implied/perceive sleights are the ones that spent the last four years calling everyone triggered snowflakes, correct?

Another "he said it, but he didn't mean what he said, even though 12 hours later his COS repeated that that is the goal." 

Probably because it even sounds ridiculous to you, and you feel certain he must not really think that's the goal 4 months from now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Don Johnson said:

Another "he said it, but he didn't mean what he said, even though 12 hours later his COS repeated that that is the goal." 

Probably because it even sounds ridiculous to you, and you feel certain he must not really think that's the goal 4 months from now.

I don't think his messaging is perfect, but most rational people would prefer a slight underpromise, perhaps with a bit too much caution, than a carnival barker.

Remember when we were told the pandemic would be over by Easter? 11 months ago? Can you please link me to your posts complaining about that, since accurate pandemic communication is very important to you? Can any of you titans of intellectual honesty?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you don't have it by July then that's the risk you're willing to take. The rest of the vaccinated people are moving on. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I don't think his messaging is perfect, but most rational people would prefer a slight underpromise, perhaps with a bit too much caution, than a carnival barker.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Small gathering by 4th of July is way beyond, “under promise/over deliver”.

This.  When your concern is whether millions of Americans will choose to get or not get the vaccine, you don't under promise the benefits.  You tell Billy Bob that if he gets the vaccine, life goes back to the way it was pre-pandemic.  You don't tell him that if he gets it he can have a small family gathering over the holidays if every there has had the vaccine.

Sleepy realizes the Rangers are opening with 100% capacity ina couple of weeks right?

Who are the rangers?

What’s baseball?

Where am I

100 percent capacity for the Rangers is 15k in a 45k seat stadium - very social distanced.

This.  When your concern is whether millions of Americans will choose to get or not get the vaccine, you don't under promise the benefits.  You tell Billy Bob that if he gets the vaccine, life goes back to the way it was pre-pandemic.  You don't tell him that if he gets it he can have a small family gathering over the holidays if every there has had the vaccine.

I'm pretty sure Biden understands that if he promised full stadiums on July 4th and one or multiple pharmas had unexpected supply chain issues that pushed things back a month, there would be a huge group of intellectually dishonest clowns crying about Biden not hitting his promise.

Speaking of intellectually dishonest clowns, I'll assume you're not one of them and it was an accident that you avoided the other half of my post, so let me ask again.

Remember when we were told the pandemic would be over by Easter? 11 months ago? Can you please link me to your posts complaining about that, since accurate pandemic communication is very important to you? Can any of you titans of intellectual honesty?

Same question posed to all of you crying about what Biden said.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lmao said:

If you don't have it by July then that's the risk you're willing to take. The rest of the vaccinated people are moving on. 

I agree.  But we still have, after all these months, tens of millions of people suffering from "Empowered Stupidity" who are going to be at even greater risk when the rest of us get back to all gas/no brakes by July-August.  You can't gerrymander around that kinda dumbassness.  

Once again, this is a failure of messaging. You can't think like a scientist when you are a politician. Will we be 100% safe by July 4? Who knows. Doubtful. But people don't care about the .00001% that will get the virus in June. As a politician, you can't let perfect be the enemy of good. Our Lord And Savior Fauchi hasn't figured this out yet. Biden better quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Once again, this is a failure of messaging. You can't think like a scientist when you are a politician. Will we be 100% safe by July 4? Who knows. Doubtful. But people don't care about the .00001% that will get the virus in June. As a politician, you can't let perfect be the enemy of good. Our Lord And Savior Fauchi hasn't figured this out yet. Biden better quickly.

It doesn’t appear that he has to, the MSM is carrying his water on the issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Speaking of intellectually dishonest clowns, I'll assume you're not one of them and it was an accident that you avoided the other half of my post, so let me ask again.

I don't really see what the comparison is here.  Are we saying if I did not post an opinion on here of a certain subject, I can't post an opinion on a different subject a year later?

But for the sake of accuracy...First, you accused me of calling people triggered snowflakes, which is a strawman without any link.  Second, once again for the sake of accuracy, didn't Trump say he hoped there would be packed churches by Easter?  If you want to know my opinion of that statement, I can tell you I was nowhere near a church on Easter day.

I'm pretty sure Biden understands that if he promised full stadiums on July 4th and one or multiple pharmas had unexpected supply chain issues that pushed things back a month, there would be a huge group of intellectually dishonest clowns crying about Biden not hitting his promise.
Same question posed to all of you crying about what Biden said.

I’ll play. It was fucking bullshit that this was not over by Easter of last year. Fuck you Trump for not delivering. Better?
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Thankfully, if people can hold on that long, Love is the 7th wave.

Edited by clapclapclap
There is a deeper world than this, listen to me girl
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ll play. It was fucking bullshit that this was not over by Easter of last year. Fuck you Trump for not delivering. Better?
I mean, he did say that one day it would just go away like a miracle after denying for a month that it would become a problem in America. I'm ready to be under promised and over delivered for the first time in a few years rather than over promised and under delivered.

We're gonna have a huge wave, not of cases, but of hospitalizations and deaths when those tens of millions who refuse vaccination start getting sick after the rest of us return to normalcy in June-August.  

Fuck 'em.  They brought this on themselves by refusing every conceivable measure science could provide.  They wanna keep pretending there is nothing to worry about and nothing to mitigate, Fuck 'Em.  When the virus chokes them out, I wonder who they'll blame.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall where in the internal meetings Fauci and Birx said when they thought the pandemic would be subsiding if we did the 3 week lockdown.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't really see what the comparison is here.  Are we saying if I did not post an opinion on here of a certain subject, I can't post an opinion on a different subject a year later?

But for the sake of accuracy...First, you accused me of calling people triggered snowflakes, which is a strawman without any link.  Second, once again for the sake of accuracy, didn't Trump say he hoped there would be packed churches by Easter?  If you want to know my opinion of that statement, I can tell you I was nowhere near a church on Easter day.

It's general commentary on the intellectual dishonesty and bold-faced partisan hackery that you and others are displaying on this thread.

You've been a member here since April 2018. Incredulity, GRHorn, etc. have been around longer. Over the course of the pandemic, we've sat through our President saying the following things:

We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine. (January 2020)

We pretty much shut it down coming in from China. (February 2020)

The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. (February 2020)

Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. (February 2020)

It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear (February 2020)

“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

We’re very close to a vaccine and we’re very close to therapeutics, really good therapeutics. But even without that, I don’t like to talk about that because it’s fading away. (July 2020)

Throughout the entire course of the pandemic, the entire group of you who parse through and bitch and moan about literal individual words that Biden said has been completely silent. Not a single world about absolutely a constant flow of terrible and misleading statements by POTUS over an entire year. And yet suddenly you're in here parsing the minutia of the grammar of what our current POTUS said. 

My point is that this sudden great concern for how the POTUS is messaging his Coronavirus response cynical and partisan hackery. It's a joke. Accurate pandemic messaging is not important to you and it never has been, meaning that your opinion isn't to be taken seriously.

*** A few excluded, as I've actually seen or had conversations with them that sort of amoeba across party lines and are generally intellectually honest even if we disagree on a lot of things politically or otherwise (Hate, and even Cheese and GR at times).

Edited by BradInATX

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall where in the internal meetings Fauci and Birx said when they thought the pandemic would be subsiding if we did the 3 week lockdown.

do you understand the definition of the word "subsiding."  The lockdown, if done correctly, did result in a slight flattening of the curve.  The real point of it was to give time to ramp up production and let hospitals prepare.  But being America, we fucked that up too.  

Please continue to blame science for all of this, typical Aggie bullshit from you.

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

What a douchebag.

Whatabouting is off-limits, right?  Well except for leftists because orangeman bad.   

I'm not whatabouting anything. I've criticized Biden and Fauci for their messaging numerous times on this thread. I've said I don't think Fauci is good at his job. You can find it easily with the search function. You'll have to try another one of your talking points with me.

Edited by BradInATX

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We're gonna have a huge wave, not of cases, but of hospitalizations and deaths when those tens of millions who refuse vaccination start getting sick after the rest of us return to normalcy in June-August.  

Fuck 'em.  They brought this on themselves by refusing every conceivable measure science could provide.  They wanna keep pretending there is nothing to worry about and nothing to mitigate, Fuck 'Em.  When the virus chokes them out, I wonder who they'll blame.

OK, Doomer.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's general commentary on the intellectual dishonesty and bold-faced partisan hackery that you and others are displaying on this thread.

You've been a member here since April 2018. Incredulity, GRHorn, etc. have been around longer. Over the course of the pandemic, we've sat through our President saying the following things:

Throughout the entire course of the pandemic, the entire group of you who parse through and bitch and moan about literal individual words that Biden said has been completely silent. Not a single world about absolutely a constant flow of terrible and misleading statements by POTUS over an entire year. And yet suddenly you're in here parsing the minutia of the grammar of what our current POTUS said. 

My point is that this sudden great concern for how the POTUS is messaging his Coronavirus response cynical and partisan hackery. It's a joke. Accurate pandemic messaging is not important to you and it never has been, meaning that your opinion isn't to be taken seriously.

*** A few excluded, as I've actually seen or had conversations with them that sort of amoeba across party lines and are generally intellectually honest even if we disagree on a lot of things politically or otherwise (Hate, and even Cheese and GR at times).

Again.  Strawman.  You are trying to distract from my opinion on this subject (which I kinda believe you agree with), by dismissing it as partisan.  Argue the point not the poster.  And if you are going to accuse me of supporting something, at least provide a link.  The fact that you can't find a link of me disagreeing on any subject =/= support.

Edited by Don Johnson
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Yup, totally checks out.  No sign of whatabout.  

Nice work.👍

14 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

"But Twuuuuuummmmpppppp!!!!!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

do you understand the definition of the word "subsiding."  The lockdown, if done correctly, did result in a slight flattening of the curve.  The real point of it was to give time to ramp up production and let hospitals prepare.  But being America, we fucked that up too.  

Please continue to blame science for all of this, typical Aggie bullshit from you.

at what point did I blame science for covid(other than the Chinese govt science lab that released it)?  continual obfuscation from you , how fucking soonerish of you.  Fauci is a tool.

1 minute ago, Don Johnson said:

Again.  Strawman.  You are trying to distract from my opinion on this subject (which I kinda believe you agree with), by dismissing it as partisan.  Argue the point not the poster.  And if you are going to accuse me of supporting something, at least provide a link.  The fact that you can't find a link of me disagreeing =/= support.

I agree with the general opinion that the messaging on the pandemic by Biden, and especially Fauci, has not been great. I don't agree with it in this instance. 

And I'm not saying you supported all the stupid shit that Trump said. What I'm saying is that, despite Trump's messaging being objectively more terrible than Biden's by orders of magnitude, not once did you speak up about it. And you're here with multiple posts parsing through Biden's words like you're an English teacher. What I'm saying is that you seem to only be bothered by poor leadership when it comes from the other side. Which is weird because I've seen some of your other posts and you seem like a pretty smart dude.

Also, let me walk back the "your opinion isn't to be taken seriously" to be a little less strong. How about "I wish you (and all of society in general) would be intellectually honest and hold leaders of both parties accountable, regardless of who you voted for". Shit like remaining silent over a year of terrible messaging but parsing individual words from the other side is why we have so many terrible pols on both sides of the fence.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away