Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I agree with the general opinion that the messaging on the pandemic by Biden, and especially Fauci, has not been great. I don't agree with it in this instance. 

And I'm not saying you supported all the stupid shit that Trump said. What I'm saying is that, despite Trump's messaging being objectively more terrible than Biden's by orders of magnitude, not once did you speak up about it. And you're here with multiple posts parsing through Biden's words like you're an English teacher. What I'm saying is that you seem to only be bothered by poor leadership when it comes from the other side. Which is weird because I've seen some of your other posts and you seem like a pretty smart dude.

Also, let me walk back the "your opinion isn't to be taken seriously" to be a little less strong. How about "I wish you (and all of society in general) would be intellectually honest and hold leaders of both parties accountable, regardless of who you voted for". Shit like remaining silent over a year of terrible messaging but parsing individual words from the other side is why we have so many terrible pols on both sides of the fence.

Trump is full of shit, has always been full of shit and I've never taken what he says seriously, despite voting for him once (after supporting every single primary candidate against him until he was the only one left). Let's be honest, the minute he said something dumb there are 100 posters here ready to attack.  Some attacks I agreed with some I didn't agree with.  I have no idea how to find my list of likes/hookem/haha of which posts if I even bothered.   I posted the Biden quotes in here over an hour after they happened because no one else had.  I posted them in the CR this morning and it was the first anyone had mentioned it 14 hours after it happened.  No one gave a fuck because he's not Trump.

When it comes to the surl, the market is cornered with those who disagree with Trump.  Pretty much anything someone may want to say has been said already.  If you agree, you can like the post or quote it and say "this."  I have no idea how to find the posts I agreed with.  If you can find posts where I agreed with Trump on Covid, feel free to post.  I didn't find any but I'm sure I was wrong somewhere along the lines in the past year.  I remember calling my boss on the Wednesday of Spring Break last year and telling him I thought Trump was lying to keep the markets from tanking in an election year and that we needed to come up with a plan to work from home.  Seemed crazy at the time.

As for parsing words, I think you would have an argument if it was just the speech last night.  The fact that his COS tweeted out a screenshot of the NYT headline saying this is the goal, reinforces that what he said is what he meant and its more than just a sentence in a speech that could be taken out of context.

At the end of the day, I made a good point.  You agreed with that point.  Yet you tried to turn it into a personal attack for political reasons, all while accusing the other side of being political.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I agree.  But we still have, after all these months, tens of millions of people suffering from "Empowered Stupidity" who are going to be at even greater risk when the rest of us get back to all gas/no brakes by July-August.  You can't gerrymander around that kinda dumbassness.  

And? They can take the risk. Statistically most of them will be fine. A certain % have had it without even knowing. Some will unfortunately learn their lesson. 

Not saying you, but make no mistake there is a certain % of the population that doesn't want this thing to end for various reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Trump is full of shit, has always been full of shit and I've never taken what he says seriously, despite voting for him once (after supporting every single primary candidate against him until he was the only one left). Let's be honest, the minute he said something dumb there are 100 posters here ready to attack.  Some attacks I agreed with some I didn't agree with.  I have no idea how to find my list of likes/hookem/haha of which posts if I even bothered.   I posted the Biden quotes in here over an hour after they happened because no one else had.  I posted them in the CR this morning and it was the first anyone had mentioned it 14 hours after it happened.  No one gave a fuck because he's not Trump.

When it comes to the surl, the market is cornered with those who disagree with Trump.  Pretty much anything someone may want to say has been said already.  If you agree, you can like the post or quote it and say "this."  I have no idea how to find the posts I agreed with.  If you can find posts where I agreed with Trump on Covid, feel free to post.  I didn't find any but I'm sure I was wrong somewhere along the lines in the past year.  I remember calling my boss on the Wednesday of Spring Break last year and telling him I thought Trump was lying to keep the markets from tanking in an election year and that we needed to come up with a plan to work from home.  Seemed crazy at the time.

As for parsing words, I think you would have an argument if it was just the speech last night.  The fact that his COS tweeted out a screenshot of the NYT headline saying this is the goal, reinforces that what he said is what he meant and its more than just a sentence in a speech that could be taken out of context.

At the end of the day, I made a good point.  You agreed with that point.  Yet you tried to turn it into a personal attack for political reasons, all while accusing the other side of being political.

"My conservative viewpoint is underrepresented!" He says, as he enters a thread that has consisted of nothing but complaining about Joe Biden and Anthony Fauci for the past four months

Your cover story of "my posting history here is 100% anti-anything the liberals do because there are so many liberals here" would check out if everyone on Surly wasn't already aware that this thread is the CR thread for conservatives who want to talk about politics in a liberal-free safe space.

I ain't buyin' it. You know what this thread is.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

"My conservative viewpoint is underrepresented!" He says, as he enters a thread that has consisted of nothing but complaining about Joe Biden and Anthony Fauci for the past four months

Your cover story of "my posting history here is 100% anti-anything the liberals do because there are so many liberals here" would check out if everyone on Surly wasn't already aware that this thread is the CR thread for conservatives who want to talk about politics in a liberal-free safe space.

Just more strawmen and made up quotes to distract....

• Hook 'Em 1

I swear Germany “locks down” every other month. Wouldn’t the other 4 failures to contain the spread be a sign that they don’t work? Or just keep fucking that chicken?

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I swear Germany “locks down” every other month. Wouldn’t the other 4 failures to contain the spread be a sign that they don’t work? Or just keep fucking that chicken?

Yeah, your mom calls a German locksmith every other month to contain her "spread"

30 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Once they get the showers up and running, they'll finally have a solution. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The EU in general did a pretty poor job with their vaccine rollout and messaging especially around the AstraZeneca vaccine. They did dumb shit like the Detroit mayor trying to be choosy about their vaccine and they fucked around and found out.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:35 AM, Poe It Up said:

He delivers bottles of water and TP as payment for my protection.

But seriously, one good thing that came out of the pandemic was that I got to know my neighbors pretty well. We had a pretty good laugh about it over some beers one evening. 

That has definitely been an upside for us. We moved into a new hood in April of 2019 and knew a few folks already, but since all this shit went down our hood has gotten tight. Happy hour is every Friday on my street and the kids have a huge field to play in. A couple of folks have caught the Rona from outside contact but it hasn't spread internally. This summer is gonna be lit, as the kids say.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The EU in general did a pretty poor job with their vaccine rollout and messaging especially around the AstraZeneca vaccine. They did dumb shit like the Detroit mayor trying to be choosy about their vaccine and they fucked around and found out.

I'm sure it's Trump's fault.

I KID!!!! I KID!!!! IT'S FRIDAY LETS LAUGH!!!!

8 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

That has definitely been an upside for us. We moved into a new hood in April of 2019 and knew a few folks already, but since all this shit went down our hood has gotten tight. Happy hour is every Friday on my street and the kids have a huge field to play in. A couple of folks have caught the Rona from outside contact but it hasn't spread internally. This summer Station is gonna be lit, as the kids the aggy coach say.

FIFY

Wow, I've heard of that guy but never seen him. LMAO. The erotic lamb bite aside, people go to restaurants and pay exorbitant money to have some tryhard in sunglasses come sprinkle kosher salt down his sweaty ass forearm onto your meat while he purses his lips and tries to look cool? The fuck?

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Wow, I've heard of that guy but never seen him. LMAO. The erotic lamb bite aside, people go to restaurants and pay exorbitant money to have some tryhard in sunglasses come sprinkle kosher salt down his sweaty ass forearm onto your meat while he purses his lips and tries to look cool? The fuck?

Ladies and gentleman, I believe we have unity in this thread. 

United Unity GIF by CBS News

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Joe Biden isn't liberal. Like at all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away