Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

BradnotinATX on random fan board full of middle aged guys wasting time while on Zoom calls.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI8IIBWzKc7eEw9mG2DkT8syzwLxcwUXzLQQ&usqp=CAU

I mean there's only one guy on this thread who is so triggered that he PM'd another poster to big time and let him know he has _many direct reports_ who know a lot about data.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:
BradnotinATX on random fan board full of middle aged guys wasting time while on Zoom calls.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI8IIBWzKc7eEw9mG2DkT8syzwLxcwUXzLQQ&usqp=CAU

I mean there's only one guy on this thread who PM'd another poster to let him know he has _many direct reports_ who know a lot about data.

have to admit it is fun when my point is proven in the very next post.  Daily Texan FTW!

This is my shocked face when Brad resorts to deflecting and whining about rep.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

LOL. Not at all what I said 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:13 AM, BradInATX said:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2021/03/30/florida-is-undercounting-covid-19-deaths-per-new-report

I know we're all shocked. If you account for their fraud, they jump from 27th in deaths per capita to 6th.

but muh florida

On 3/31/2021 at 9:54 AM, BradInATX said:

Well, they have to put things like that in there to engage people who they know won't take the time to read the underlying study.

LOL. At this point, Brad had not read the study.  But he sure did fall hook line and sinker for the Orlando Weekly piece. First piece of advice wrt to all lay reporting of scientific studies, read the actual manuscript.  You could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment by doing that simple thing Brad. 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, BradInATX said:

I know just a little bit about statistical analysis. I'll play. 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:00 AM, BradInATX said:

The underlying point of my post is that Florida, broadly used as a "see masks don't work look at how well Florida is doing!", is full of shit and had much, much worse Covid death numbers (by about 50%) than they would have you believe.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:04 AM, BradInATX said:

Agreed. To date I haven't seen a state by state comparison of excess deaths vs. expected. We'll get one eventually.

I did that work for you Brad.  Enjoy. 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:24 AM, BradInATX said:

Does Florida only being 48% fraudulent instead of 50% materially change our conversation?

On 3/31/2021 at 6:13 PM, BradInATX said:

They stopped in September which means they missed peak pandemic and that 5k is probably closer to 10-15k over the entire year of Covid.

You have a lot of potential Brad.  The exchanges are fun and entertaining, but could be better if you tried a little harder.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I mean there's only one guy on this thread who is so triggered that he PM'd another poster to big time and let him know he has _many direct reports_ who know a lot about data.

If that is a reference to me, I never PM'd you anything of the sort. These things are not hard to fact check. Just click the messages icon at the top of your screen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You're right, mea culpa. That particular display of staggering insecurity was public.

I thought it a pretty funny quip myself.  Try to be less dishonest moving forward. 

And if you really want to, you could actually share what I initially PM'd you about, which was that I enjoyed the exchange regarding vax strategy in the CR and it was a fun discussion with no clear cut answers but fun to debate around.  Of course, as the data mounts they tilt my favor in that exchange in hindsight, but the exchange was at least contemporaneously grey area. Be less of a clown Brad.   

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2

Throws a tantrum about an aggy joke, thinks telling people he's a super important manager is funny. It's no wonder your go to move is to try to steamroll people with intellectual dishonesty and gaslighting. You certainly aren't going to win anyone over with your sense of humor.

Anyway, add me to the countless posters who have you on ignore.

Have fun with the yokels.

Will people stop linking to the original post on this thread and just get a room. I have a few extra Marriott nights I am not going to use for a few months and will donate one. 

Fuck, I think it is something I posted in the thread to be not be seen, but no, it is the back and forth. 

Agree to disagree please. 

13 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Hope you're enjoying basking in rep from Kyle, Cheese weasel, and the Qanon guy.

Only an insecure little twat would bring up what they obviously covet.  Jesus, Brad, you are thin and painfully transparent.  

• Hook 'Em 2

So trying to move forward. The issues I see going forward are-

1)continued vaccination rollout

2)fight over vaccination passports 

3)the first cases of vaccinated people getting infected that will signal the interval people need to get re-vaxxed. 

How much can vax production get scaled globally to actually vaccinate the rest of the world if everyone in USA is getting boosters?

Hey look ma!..the white knight!

“Brad doesn’t live in ATX! Sick burn amirite guys!?” *jizz in jar, pass it around*

Poor aggy
It's like calling people Russian bots. 

It’s more like when someone calls you workswithsemen and thinks they’ve just owned you, which is also dumb. At least there’s a tiny bit of crude humor in there though. We’re seeing some fully evolved sheep fuckers in here.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

“Brad doesn’t live in ATX! Sick burn amirite guys!?” *jizz in jar, pass it around*

doublin' down on the white knight I see, aggy.  now that I think about it maybe you are a BradnotinATX sock.  Brad?

• Haha 1

So trying to move forward. The issues I see going forward are-
1)continued vaccination rollout
2)fight over vaccination passports 
3)the first cases of vaccinated people getting infected that will signal the interval people need to get re-vaxxed. 

How much can vax production get scaled globally to actually vaccinate the rest of the world if everyone in USA is getting boosters?

I’d add the risk of an *insert low income country here* variant with meaningful vaccine escape popping up in the interim, because the bottom of the totem pole is going to take a couple years to get comprehensive coverage.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Poor aggy

It’s more like when someone calls you workswithsemen and thinks they’ve just owned you, which is also dumb. At least there’s a tiny bit of crude humor in there though. We’re seeing some fully evolved sheep fuckers in here.

In fairness, for four years the height of intellectual acumen was "trumpkin" or "trumper."

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Brad not in ATX

The right is getting better at humor and the left is terrified!

For the record that tweet was by one Paul Joseph Watson who works for infowars. I met him once and he’s not nearly as crazy as Alex is. But that was his greatest line ever. 

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-right-is-starting-to-get-better-at-comedy

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

For the record that tweet was by one Paul Joseph Watson who works for infowars. I met him once and he’s not nearly as crazy as Alex is. But that was his greatest line ever. 

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-right-is-starting-to-get-better-at-comedy

The Babylon Bee is the funniest thing out there right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I’d add the risk of an *insert low income country here* variant with meaningful vaccine escape popping up in the interim, because the bottom of the totem pole is going to take a couple years to get comprehensive coverage.

poor people ruin everything. it never fails

On 3/31/2021 at 9:40 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:58 AM, Kyle said:

Would given hospitals and extra $5K to attach covid to an ICD-10 provide an incentive to over- or undercount deaths related to covid?

Pulling these from a few pages back. 

first quote:  I wouldn’t be surprised if Florida was undercounting. I also wouldnt be surprised if some place like new jersey was overcounting.  Politics informs policy, from either direction. 

as to the second quote, depends. Hospitals have been hemorrhaging money from extra PPE to lack of elective surgeries to overtime rates to surge pricing for everything from consumables to contractors.  Their best plan for financial stability would be to go back to normal as quickly as possible, and reporting high amounts of covid deaths doesn’t work towards that goal.  On the other hand, 5k is 5k. And if there’s no going back to normal for the foreseeable future, all the extra cash you can get is good. 

Why is a vaccine passport such a bad/good idea?  How is it different from people needing certain shots to go to Africa or wherever?  I'm fully vaxxed and I'd like to quit wearing a mask given the only reason I'm wearing it now is due to social pressure.

Just now, babysdaddy said:

Why is a vaccine passport such a bad/good idea?  How is it different from people needing certain shots to go to Africa or wherever?  I'm fully vaxxed and I'd like to quit wearing a mask given the only reason I'm wearing it now is due to social pressure.

It's racist because not everyone has equal access.

Am I doing this right?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The magical triple post! Well done!

Normally I notice the posting hiccup and refresh to check, but I was typing and hitting submit while pretending to still be listening to someone who was blabbing at me so I didn’t catch it until the third time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Poor aggy

I was thinking of the "not" part, not the creative part.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

It violates HIPAA for one. Once you open the door there is a slippery slope. It is ironic that HIPAA was created to protect HIV/AIDS patients from revealing their HIV/AIDS status - a death sentence - and now we want to basically force everyone to reveal their health information to the UT athletic department. Where does does it end? There are other viruses and conditions that are deadly - we going to require a flu shot passport?

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It violates HIPAA for one. Once you open the door there is a slippery slope. It is ironic that HIPAA was created to protect HIV/AIDS patients from revealing their HIV/AIDS status - a death sentence - and now we want to basically force everyone to reveal their health information to the UT athletic department. Where does does it end? There are other viruses and conditions that are deadly - we going to require a flu shot passport?

We do currently require certain vaccinations or prophylaxis to go to some countries. We also require certain vaccinations to attend public schools.  Some vaccinations are required by law at birth. What’s the difference?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We do currently require certain vaccinations or prophylaxis to go to some countries. We also require certain vaccinations to attend public schools.  Some vaccinations are required by law at birth. What’s the difference?

Yes, that is a reasonable point. I would argue that covid does not warrant the level of public safety concern as does something like smallpox for example. If we start requiring papers for every disease with a mortality rate of < 1-2% then we might as well just publish our medical records on facebook. I tend to resist reactionary, emotional responses.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Actually, to make it a condition of entry into a private establishment doesn't violate HIPAA.  You are not required to disclose such information.  You can choose not to.  And if you refuse to do so, then I can refuse you admittance, as is my right.  We're all good.

As for public entities like schools.....they have required proof of various immunizations for decades, which is generally perfectly legal (some local jurisdictions have different laws, I'm just speaking to whether such requirements violate any federal law).

And please, let's not have the "mortality rate" conversation again.  Rate, schmate, when you combine transmission rates and fatality rate (note, that's just FATALITY, not "serious consequences requiring hospitalization and doing long-term damage to your health," which is an even larger group), we know this -- in a bad 12 month period, the flu has killed at the top end in modern history in the US 80k.  In the same period, COVID has killed over 500k.  It's fucking significantly worse.  80k vs. 500k.  Those are real numbers (yes, they aren't perfect "bullseye" exact, but they are generally on-target to inform you as to the scale).

Where does it end?  Slippery slope logical fallacy.  We're talking about this particular disease, which has killed over 500k Americans in a year, and sent millions more to the hospital, leaving many with long-term harm.  Based on that, we're going to treat this differently than we do the common cold or even the regular flu.  Because....it's different.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Ah, yes, the slippery slope fallacy. You start requiring (fill in the blank) and you end up in nazi Germany part 2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, to make it a condition of entry into a private establishment doesn't violate HIPAA.  You are not required to disclose such information.  You can choose not to.  And if you refuse to do so, then I can refuse you admittance, as is my right.  We're all good.

As for public entities like schools.....they have required proof of various immunizations for decades, which is generally perfectly legal (some local jurisdictions have different laws, I'm just speaking to whether such requirements violate any federal law).

And please, let's not have the "mortality rate" conversation again.  Rate, schmate, when you combine transmission rates and fatality rate (note, that's just FATALITY, not "serious consequences requiring hospitalization and doing long-term damage to your health," which is an even larger group), we know this -- in a bad 12 month period, the flu has killed at the top end in modern history in the US 80k.  In the same period, COVID has killed over 500k.  It's fucking significantly worse.  80k vs. 500k.  Those are real numbers (yes, they aren't perfect "bullseye" exact, but they are generally on-target to inform you as to the scale).

Where does it end?  Slippery slope logical fallacy.  We're talking about this particular disease, which has killed over 500k Americans in a year, and sent millions more to the hospital, leaving many with long-term harm.  Based on that, we're going to treat this differently than we do the common cold or even the regular flu.  Because....it's different.

I don't really disagree with you. As noted earlier, it will be a long time before we have a true picture. Reasonable people can have diverse opinions. I bias toward most of the people that would need papers are low mortality risk. If you want to play hypothetical we don't know the long-term effects of the vaccines either. If your scared of it you're welcome to stay home or wear a mask, which as we know will keep you from getting it. Hence what's the point of papers?

47 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Ah, yes, the slippery slope fallacy. You start requiring (fill in the blank) and you end up in nazi Germany part 2.

Where did their talking point emerge? It's one of the funnier ones. It must ring too true to warrant an ad hom LOL.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away