Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Not surprised coming from a generation that thinks every facet of life is seen through the lens of celebrity worship and entertainment.  And that guy must be drowning in the DMs of girls wanting to get some of that.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

It’s pretty common. I know people who despite knowing the science just can’t bring themselves to go back out in public despite being two weeks past the 2nd shot.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/afraid-covid-19-after-vaccine_l_6065c15fc5b6555472cf9467

We ain’t skeered and are going out (carefully) but are not mixing close enough to smell your farts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

It’s pretty common. I know people who despite knowing the science just can’t bring themselves to go back out in public despite being two weeks past the 2nd shot.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/afraid-covid-19-after-vaccine_l_6065c15fc5b6555472cf9467

Once I got used to wearing a mask I figured I would keep wearing one even after COVID was done for general health and hygiene purposes. Fear got nothing to do with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Great story,

Would read again.

It’s funny that this makes you mad.  Why do you care if Mr Fudge Nuggets wants to wear a mask?  I don’t get the obsession with getting rid of them to be honest.  I’ve stayed healthier than any other time in my life wearing it the past year.  Will I continue to wear it all the time?  Probably not, but during flu season, probably yes.  Again why would this bother you?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

It’s funny that this makes you mad.  Why do you care if Mr Fudge Nuggets wants to wear a mask?  I don’t get the obsession with getting rid of them to be honest.  I’ve stayed healthier than any other time in my life wearing it the past year.  Will I continue to wear it all the time?  Probably not, but during flu season, probably yes.  Again why would this bother you?

It doesn't.  I couldn't give a shit less.  Hence, my shit post.

Requiring vaccinated individuals to wear masks is idiotic.  

You could give a shit because it clearly bugs you, or you wouldn’t have commented.   As to requiring masks, I support businesses doing what they want.   Mine requires masks for everyone and will probably stay that way until the CDC changes its guidelines.  I’m fine with people who don’t want to wear them doing remote meetings or phone calls. 

As much as it seems to pain people to admit this, it’s a different world than before January 2020.  To act otherwise is your prerogative but don’t expect everyone to do so because you feel bad about masks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

You could give a shit because it clearly bugs you, or you wouldn’t have commented.   

you new here?

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

I’m fine with people who don’t want to wear them doing remote meetings or phone calls. 

masks for a phone call...holy shit.

L O fuckin L

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2021/04/michigan-expands-mask-requirement-to-children-ages-2-to-4-extends-gathering-limits.html

Michigan announced the current mask rule will now include children age 2 to 4 years old, according to a Michigan Department of Health and Human Services release Friday.

“The change means that kids from 2-4 are now subject to the masking requirement just like everyone else,” MDHHS Public Information Officer Bob Wheaton wrote in an email statement. “So if an 18 year old would be required to mask because they were in a gathering at a park, so would a 2-4 year old”

As the surge of coronavirus cases continues in Michigan, a younger demographic has been part of the increase. The expansion to children age 2 and up will take effect April 26.

The decision comes at recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics.

“We know that wearing a mask significantly reduces the spread of infection and should be part of the comprehensive strategy to reduce COVID-19—including for children age 2 and up,” said Matthew Hornik, President of the Michigan chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. “Use of masks does not restrict oxygen in the lungs even in children, it is recommended to wear a mask with layers to filter droplets effectively.”

• Rage+1 1

Also, EU will allow fully-vaccinated Americans in this summer: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/25/us/europe-vaccinated-americans-summer-eu-vacation/index.html

This is very good news for us, both personally and on a broader level.  Personally, because my daughter had a french immersion study planned there last summer, it got bumped, but is now going to go forward.  And, her two best friends in college are from right outside Bordeaux, so she'll be able to go spend some time with them after the study.

And broadly....this incentivizes more people to get a jab.  Want to travel?  Get the shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Sounds like my trip to India is back on!

Please, just send a gift and be glad you don't have to go there.  

4 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Masks work, not the vaccine

Laurie speaks out of both sides of her mouth. She praised how many Americans were getting the vaccine on her twit then turns around and says that it had no significant bearing on the numbers Typical for a journalist.

This is the quality of American journalism these days. It has been dead for years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Laurie speaks out of both sides of her mouth. She praised how many Americans were getting the vaccine on her twit then turns around and says that it had no significant bearing on the numbers Typical for a journalist.
This is the quality of American journalism these days. It has been dead for years.

Death via blue checkmark and # of followers

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, EU will allow fully-vaccinated Americans in this summer: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/25/us/europe-vaccinated-americans-summer-eu-vacation/index.html

This is very good news for us, both personally and on a broader level.  Personally, because my daughter had a french immersion study planned there last summer, it got bumped, but is now going to go forward.  And, her two best friends in college are from right outside Bordeaux, so she'll be able to go spend some time with them after the study.

And broadly....this incentivizes more people to get a jab.  Want to travel?  Get the shot.

The Venn diagram of people that aren’t getting the shot and people that want to travel to Europe are 2 separate circles that aren’t ever going to overlap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

She's stupid but the good news is stupid people don't read or trust the NYTimes.  It's like a magnet....the stupidity repels each other.

i was going to mention the same...none of her shit messaging made it into the scrambled brains of those unwilling to get the vaccine.

31 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The Venn diagram of people that aren’t getting the shot and people that want to travel to Europe are 2 separate circles that aren’t ever going to overlap.

Yeah, the "I ain't getting no vaccine passport!" soundbite to the media is usually followed up by an off-camera comment to the reporter, "What's a passport anyway?"  

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Nah man, cannot agree. Been all over Europe since 1991 and every time I see a bunch of SEC types. They have the ball cap on, wearing cargo shorts, the crappy t shirt, socks up to their ankles and white tennis shoes. I look for them in Cafe's and that tells me where not to go.  

Sat on a flight in the middle of a group of them from Houston to Amsterdam. Husbands were tagging along and it was their wives who wanted to check out shit. Did you ever look down into one of the glass roofed boats cruising the rivers or canals? Not all those fat fucks are relatives of Augustus Gloop. 

Oh they are on the continent, just need to know how to stay away from them. 

On 4/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Neonmoon said:

It is to be expected. You’re talking about people’s lives. I’m not going to lie, even after being fully vaccinated, it still felt a little weird going out and stuff. I’m rational and just trust the science but to think some people won’t still be scared is naive. 

hell, there is probably a zero percent chance I will get attacked by a shark but after watching 20 years of shark week, I’ve pretty much developed a phobia of swimming in the ocean. Thanks Discovery Channel. 

all of this is a you problem. nothing to do with the Discovery channel or COVID.  

Here's some simple advice I wish I got before vaccination, "Live every week...like it's 'Shark Week'!" 

-Dr. Tracy Jordan, NIH (Natural Institute for Homeopathy) 

Edited by Lobo

We wear 'em to the trailhead where people tend to congregate.  Then take them off once we're on the trail.  

I just re-upped my swim membership at Gregory, and campus still has some pretty strict mask guidelines, even some outdoor spaces.  But I was pleased that at least I can take my mask off while swimming laps.  

I get that CDC guidelines are ultra conservative, but how many people are wearing a mask outdoors while biking, hiking, walking, or running? I see someone occasionally and assume they're a crazy person.
A lot. They're just not as prevalent in this state.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away