Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Looks like the red states flattened the curve so hospitals early on would not be overrun.  And bought time so there would not be shortages of ICU beds, therapeutics and PPE.  Some day we can look back and really study it.  Death rates.  Job losses from shutdowns.  And fairly judge which states managed COVID the best. Right now we are still in the fog of war.

At this point are we capable of looking back without (insert narrative)-tinted glasses?

• Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo
12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Wasn’t JNJ like 70% and the other two 94%+?

I think it was more like 80% versus 95%.  But yeah, I do remember the spread being 15-20% in real numbers, close to 30% by percentage delta.  It was enough of a red flag that we thought, "Is the one-shot convenience really worth that difference in protection?"  I think for elderly or rural folks, JnJ made sense, but who can't be bothered to swing into CVS for 7 minutes?  Even during Covid-19 and the snowstorm, I'm in a CVS once a week anyway.  But stubborn gonna stubborn.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Her office building has a regular testing requirement to continue coming in in-person, so she's been getting a test every week for the last few months now since getting vaxxed

So dumb if she’s fully vaccinated.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heme Doc said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31439470/new-york-yankees-ss-gleyber-torres-miss-second-straight-game-sources-say

The routine COVID PCR testing of fully vaccinated asymptomatic patients is FUCKING RETARDED and needs to stop NOW.  Stupid shit like this erodes vaccine confidence.  

The 8 Yankees that tested positive (see article above) are ALL asymptomatic.  Because they’re VACCINATED!  The vaccines are working! 

If you’re vaccinated and breathe in some COVID virus, your immune system blasts the virus to hell before it can make you sick.  So it never proliferates enough for you to transmit it or make you sick.  But the PCR test is designed to pick up those virus pieces that have blown to hell.  So who gives a fuck if you’re asymptomatic and test PCR positive if you’re not going to get sick or spread it?  

If you’re vaccinated and get symptoms and want to get tested, get a rapid antigen test.  

End of rant

My suspicion would be that a non-elite unvaccinated high viral load super spreader got into the clubhouse and dumped their COVID all over the place causing the asymptomatic elite-class individuals on the team to throw out positive tests given their high level regular testing.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Geez MN ending its mask mandate tomorrow. Was supposed to be when 70% vaccinated or July 1st.

I think they are going by hospitalizations etc and those numbers are dropping fast. There is a lot of natural immunity imo 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Apparently to some narcissistic fuckheads like you, yes.  500k Americans dead, must claim high ground victory.  Ha!

fuck you. 

keep drinkin.  happy hour is still in play.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I haven’t even started, son.  Your happy hour is still in play.  Suggest you invite some people who have lost loved ones to this little game of yours.  

Nothing that you are raging about has anything to do with the relevance of austin masking mandates moving forward. Which is basically zero. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Guest Lobo

I drove by Austin City Hall earlier today, by the tent city that has now moved to literally right by the City Hall front doors.  I saw a homeless guy there who was taking a shit into a pizza box in plain sight of two APD cops.  

But he was wearing a mask.  I spent the two light cycles wondering if he was gonna take it off and wipe with it.  

This really used to be a great city.  

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Nothing that you are raging about has anything to do with the relevance of austin masking mandates moving forward. Which is basically zero. 

I wasn’t raging about anything. I was casually commenting on someone who appears to relish in “owning” the other side, regardless of anything else.  And you above all people should be able to see both sides.  What the fuck are you even talking about?  

Edit, ok I see I kinda piled on dcar, mainly for asking does it matter, when most of him and his ilk were screaming about masks in the first place. 

Nobody can win with you people.  You’re like premenstrual bears.  Bitch and moan about everything, take responsibility for nothing.  And again, fuck you all.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I wasn’t raging about anything. I was casually commenting on someone who appears to relish in “owning” the other side, regardless of anything else.  And you above all people should be able to see both sides.  What the fuck are you even talking about?  

Edit, ok I see I kinda piled on dcar, mainly for asking does it matter, when most of him and his ilk were screaming about masks in the first place. 

Nobody can win with you people.  You’re like premenstrual bears.  Bitch and moan about everything, take responsibility for nothing.  And again, fuck you all.  

Shut the fuck up drunk bitch

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

59 minutes ago, Heme Doc said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31439470/new-york-yankees-ss-gleyber-torres-miss-second-straight-game-sources-say

The routine COVID PCR testing of fully vaccinated asymptomatic patients is FUCKING RETARDED and needs to stop NOW.  Stupid shit like this erodes vaccine confidence.  

The 8 Yankees that tested positive (see article above) are ALL asymptomatic.  Because they’re VACCINATED!  The vaccines are working! 

If you’re vaccinated and breathe in some COVID virus, your immune system blasts the virus to hell before it can make you sick.  So it never proliferates enough for you to transmit it or make you sick.  But the PCR test is designed to pick up those virus pieces that have blown to hell.  So who gives a fuck if you’re asymptomatic and test PCR positive if you’re not going to get sick or spread it?  

If you’re vaccinated and get symptoms and want to get tested, get a rapid antigen test.  

End of rant

Counterpoint: fuck the Yankees.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo

Now why would he perform oral sex on the 5'6" greek point guard on his pickup team?  It's not gonna be exactly like last season.  

38 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Lol.  Every accusation is a confession. Fucking texags all up in here.  

I know it sucks that the control mob is losing the control and shaming they so desperately need. Ima do my judge impression.

"Fuck you aggy, gimmie another round"

Enjoy cdc no more mask day!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I know it sucks that the control mob is losing the control and shaming they so desperately need. Ima do my judge impression.

"Fuck you aggy, gimmie another round"

Enjoy cdc no more mask day!

I’m vaccinated, living my life, and not getting all moist about whether or not masks are required or not, and more importantly not trying to dunk on people who think differently than me.  You should try it.  Would make you less deplorable.  

22 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’m vaccinated, living my life, and not getting all moist about whether or not masks are required or not, and more importantly not trying to dunk on people who think differently than me.  You should try it.  Would make you less deplorable.  

ironic post is ironic

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Interesting to know that just half of the employees at NIH, FDA and CDC are vaccinated

Crazy brows knows, she just doesn’t want to spout the low number

option to report the vaccination status...interesting

49 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Interesting to know that just half of the employees at NIH, FDA and CDC are vaccinated

Crazy brows knows, she just doesn’t want to spout the low number

DC and Maryland only made all 16 and up eligible in early April and Virginia only on 4/15. Many haven't had a chance to get fully vaccinated even if they wanted to. Most people who work in DC actually live in Virginia so they only recently were able to get even the first shot of Pfizer/Moderna or the single J&J shot.

Georgia (where CDC HQ is located) was before April 1st so I don't know why the head of the CDC wouldn't have an answer other than many who work there are contractors and she wouldn't have a good answer on that.

DC and Maryland only made all 16 and up eligible in early April and Virginia only on 4/15. Many haven't had a chance to get fully vaccinated even if they wanted to. Most people who work in DC actually live in Virginia so they only recently were able to get even the first shot of Pfizer/Moderna or the single J&J shot.
Georgia (where CDC HQ is located) was before April 1st so I don't know why the head of the CDC wouldn't have an answer other than many who work there are contractors and she wouldn't have a good answer on that.

You actually believe all of the bullshit you just typed? Are faucis people 16-17 years old? Besides, 4/15 was a month ago. “Probably a little more than half” is a very disconcerting answer for a vaccine that’s been available to adults since freaking February

Except that they've already not been wearing a mask for months, shot or no shot, except where private businesses mandate them.
Basically what Nate Silver has been saying. At this point, the number of  unvaccinated adults who are still following the CDCs guidelines is, like, 86 people nationwide. 
This. Why does anyone think this group of people give a fuck what the CDC says? They moved on months ago.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away