Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Covid piñata. Huh, I’m going to be needing one of those. 

From my experience, piñata makers have a good sense of humor and show a lot of wit in their creations. I was very happy with what he made for me.

Edited by Macklemore

I’ll be celebrating with a couple hours of tailgating followed by a full capacity, mask-free crowd for the Atlanta United match. Clear skies, 75°, and I have a designated driver. I’m getting fucking hammered (and hopefully laid).

It’s going to be the most awesomely normal day in over a year and I’m getting kind of emotional about it. I should probably have some more bacon.

Have a great time man. Spoiler alert- if you’re hammered, you’re not getting laid

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ll be celebrating with a couple hours of tailgating followed by a full capacity, mask-free crowd for the Atlanta United match. Clear skies, 75°, and I have a designated driver. I’m getting fucking hammered (and hopefully laid).

It’s going to be the most awesomely normal day in over a year and I’m getting kind of emotional about it. I should probably have some more bacon.

I was in Atlanta last week and will be there again for Memorial Day weekend. The weather was so much more pleasant than it has been here in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Hence why social media is such a terrible way to communicate. Only the words are transmitted.

This is a fun little exercise: read through the following sentence, emphasizing the first word. Then read it again and emphasize the second, and so on.

I DIDN’T SAY THAT YOU STOLE THE MONEY

Eight different meanings out of the exact same group of words. And that’s without even factoring in body language.

and WAH-LAH! I have in my hand...Lawyers!

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Hence why social media is such a terrible way to communicate. Only the words are transmitted.

Agreed. They’ve done research on this. When you communicate through texting, facebook, etc, there’s a part of your brain that proclaims “I have social interaction, see, I’m having a conversation with a friend right now” while another part of your brain says “fuck that, no you are not, you are alone typing words on your fucking phone”.

6 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Reading the whole thing (and it is essentially a letter to the editor) it’s more of a request to dispassionately and scientifically determine the origin, rather than a declaration one way or the other. Which isn’t a bad idea, but the tweet puts a little English on the ball. 

Had to run out today for a few curbside pickups, because I enjoy not going into stores for things I can't wait on Amazon to deliver. Full on Thunderdome out there today. If the requirement to not wear a mask is being vaccinated, then apparently 95% of the population is vaccinated. 

Narrator: "They aren't."

21 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

It is hilarious how traumatized snowflakes are by masks.  I wonder what the reason is?  Are you just so angry seeing someone wear a mask?

I’m going out on a limb and guessing you were referencing my post. I’m not traumatized by masks. You can wear them forever for all I care.

I was encouraged to see people adopting a more rational stance. And let’s be honest, this is the one change that most signals a return to normalcy. That’s a good thing by me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I’m going out on a limb and guessing you were referencing my post. I’m not traumatized by masks. You can wear them forever for all I care.

I was encouraged to see people adopting a more rational stance. And let’s be honest, this is the one change that most signals a return to normalcy. That’s a good thing by me. 

It's only rational if they've been vaccinated. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Obviously if that percentage of the population were vaccinated this would be true.  Dumbasses going to Dumas.

But sure, let’s celebrate the unvaccinated taking their masks off at Wallyworld because it’s a victory for freedom.

50 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Obviously if that percentage of the population were vaccinated this would be true.  Dumbasses going to Dumas.

But sure, let’s celebrate the unvaccinated taking their masks off at Wallyworld because it’s a victory for freedom.

I’d say there’s more vaccinated people getting to take their masks off, than unvaccinated unmasking, that weren’t already. so yeah I think it’s a net positive. 

It’s time to go back to living our lives as “normally” as possible. There’s some that aren’t ready for that. And that’s fine too, but they don’t get to hold the rest of us hostage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’d say there’s more vaccinated people getting to take their masks off, than unvaccinated unmasking, that weren’t already. so yeah I think it’s a net positive. 

It’s time to go back to living our lives as “normally” as possible. There’s some that aren’t ready for that. And that’s fine too, but they don’t get to hold the rest of us hostage. 

Who is holding you hostage? What are you talking about?

Just now, Enchubben said:

It is hilarious how traumatized snowflakes are by people returning to normal life.  I wonder what the reason is?  Are you just so angry seeing someone not wear a mask?

That isn't what's happening. But if it makes you feel like more of man go on and think that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Who is holding you hostage? What are you talking about?

Nobody is holding me hostage, but every step of the way on the return to normalcy we’ve seen a large segment of the population bitch and moan about it. Neanderthals and so on. If it were up to some people here Texas wouldn’t be open yet.  

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s pretty pathetic being so invested in not wearing a stupid mask.

Well at least you don’t have to yell at the wal mart door greeter anymore and finally have your freedoms. 

What’s pathetic about it?

33 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Normalcy happens when everyone is vaxxed. The hostage takers here are the mouth breathers that overwhelmingly share your political views that refuse to get vaxxed.

go fuck your own face with that bullshit.

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Normalcy happens when everyone is vaxxed. The hostage takers here are the mouth breathers that overwhelmingly share your political views that refuse to get vaxxed.

Overall, across these 42 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (40%) was roughly 1.5 times higher than the rate for Black (27%) and 1.4 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (29%) as of May 10, 2021.

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You’re such a pussy. It’s been noted multiple times that the vaccine hesitant are across the spectrum but definitely include black and Hispanic. And anecdotally, at the Walmart today people wearing masks today were definitely Black people and some Hispanics. 

Just poor messaging.  That’s great you’re just now further confirming the vaccines are safe, but you don’t have to announce it. All that tells someone who was on the fence was that they weren’t sure until recently. Dumb.  “It’s safe, get vaccinated” is all that needs to be said.  Over and over. 

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Would you prefer she go backwards and say, nope keep masking everybody? Take the f'ing W. 

I'd prefer she resign and it would probably best for her if she does so as she continues to embarrass herself and the CDC every time she opens her mouth.  She is completely in over her head.

And her appearance this morning on This Week would suggest that she and the CDC didn't know the vaccines were safe and effective while about a hundred million Americans were vaccinated.

• Hook 'Em 2

i mean, in populated areas of Asia (Tokyo, Hong Kong, etc.) most people wore masks every day before the pandemic was even a thing. masks help stop the spread of the common cold, ffs. 

i'm not wearing one anymore unless required by a business b/c i've had a personal, emotional thing about it for a year now. 

but if anybody wants to keep wearing them, who gives a fuck. maybe we'll vastly reduce flu deaths in this country. the horror! 🙄

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away