Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

7 minutes ago, XYZ said:

You forgot to mention that 95% of people put in assisted breathing machines in Wuhan died.

And as posted by a doctor in this thread once a person goes on a ventilator they don't come off.  Those ventilators aren't being freed up for the newly diagnosed that also need them.  It's a major contributor to the high number of deaths in Italy.

Edited by VABuckeye

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Kids schools in SoCal out until 4 May now.  Fuck

Not sure why that's surprising. We're all looking at schools not coming back till May, at the earliest. Dallas ISD already said 8 weeks at a minimum. Kids start remote learning tomorrow.  

17 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

entirely possible, but it was only the highest....there were pages of them that sold for $9k

I know for a fact there's at least a couple people buying up a lot of those and not paying after the auction is closed.  Those people are doing God's work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The .75% rate is a ridiculous number. Until NY actually has 1 person that has recovered, no one should be creating death rates.
There has been at least one recovery in NYC. Unfortunately, our mayor and governor do not want to discuss that.

I am supportive of them closing certain streets and lanes to traffic to give us more space to exercise/walk the dogs. No one is using them most of the times.

26 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Listening to Cuomo speak.  He's not playing the political blame game.  Quite the opposite.  He's saying that the parties are working together and that the political red tape needs to be cut.  He also emphasized that a bill about Coronavirus needs to be about relief only with no pork.  Money where money needs to go to those in need.

Why is it that for every damn relief bill it must be reiterated that pork should be kept out?  That’s rhetorical btw, lest we veer into cr issues. It should be implicit and not have to be policed. 

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

So NY, California, Tennessee, Illinois, Ohio, and Louisiana are shelter in place or expected to within the next 24 hours?

Tennessee did not end up issuing a shelter in place order. The state shut down restaraunts, other gathering places, anything with more than 10 people, etc. Nashville went with a “safer at home” option before the state which is more restrictive.

Listening to Cuomo speak.  He's not playing the political blame game.  Quite the opposite.  He's saying that the parties are working together and that the political red tape needs to be cut.  He also emphasized that a bill about Coronavirus needs to be about relief only with no pork.  Money where money needs to go to those in need.
I've liked most of his responses. However, he and BdB are in a bit of a pissing match. Further, neither focus on recoveries at all, though it is important info to know.

5 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

At least they can contact trace to Millenials who enjoy avocado toast on designer bread and Chardonnay with some cutesy name.

A lot of Park Cities MILFs and SMU coeds shop at that CM. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

At least they can contact trace to Millenials who enjoy avocado toast on designer bread and Chardonnay with some cutesy name.

I think you have CM confused with eatzis and Trader Joe’s, average age shopper at CM gotta be 40+

33 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

He's saying that the parties are working together and that the political red tape needs to be cut.  He also emphasized that a bill about Coronavirus needs to be about relief only with no pork.  Money where money needs to go to those in need.

IsSuchAThingEvenPossible.gif

12 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

We need to start contact tracing.  But I'm afraid it will cause mass panic when we do.  It's gonna be ugly. 

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
31 minutes ago, Newdoc said:
That back end recovery rate will be a fluid and unreliable number until comprehensive follow-up and accurate testing is in place preferably with IGM, IGG and antibody levels tested.

Further, I am 99.9% certain that a ton of people were walking around with it in Jan Nd Feb and never really knew it.

Also a bunch of tested flu negative “we aren’t sure exactly what it is go home and rest” sick people.

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why is it that for every damn relief bill it must be reiterated that pork should be kept out?  That’s rhetorical btw, lest we veer into cr issues. It should be implicit and not have to be policed. 

The terrorists have won!!  Fuck that unAmerican bullshit!!! 

No Pork?  No Bill!

4 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

With an end in sight? How so? This isn't ending until most of us get it or there is a mass produced vaccine. 

Let me count the ways.

1. 14 day shut down would have allowed a some portion of it to burn out and would have allowed for better isolation of those sick at the end. 2. It puts all states on the same schedule instead of this rolling schedule that makes it more complicated and drawn out. 3. It would have allowed for the build up of needed medical supplies. 4. It gives business owners and the economy a know timeline rather than waiting each day to see what another state does. 5. Cut off travel completely at the beginning and you are further isolated.

I could keep going but at this point you should be able to look around and see the mess out policy has created.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We need to start contact tracing.  But I'm afraid it will cause mass panic when we do.  It's gonna be ugly. 

I posted several pages back about how someone in my building tested positive.  Found out it’s an FA office one floor above mine.   At least 4 on their team now have tested positive also, One of whom I saw Tuesday night while picking up groceries.  I found out Friday she had been tested and yesterday she tested positive.  Been observing my conditions but nothing to report (temp was 97.4 this morning, and last night before bed)     But I’ve let everyone that we saw in close proximity to both of us that evening to be on the lookout.   And I sure as shit ain’t going back to my building until they do a deep clean 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naija said:

healthy old people are never as healthy as they seem.

there is a medical concept of "reserve" and no matter how healthy you are, as you age, it just goes down.

For some reason, and this is just my flawed anecdotal observation, locally its seems the people in their 60s and beyond are actually the worst at blowing this stuff off.  Wife (no pics) left a note on a neighbor's house offering to help if she needed any help.  Thought being she would be more isolated than even we are (trips to grocery, I uh, made a beer run).   Neighbor came out later to thank us but let my wife know that she was doing just fine, going to the gym 3 times a week still, grocery store whenever she felt like it, e.t.c.

I am bumfuzzled.  I guess maybe, just maybe folks think maybe if its time to go its time to go, but the denial among those most vulnerable is spooky. 

</csb>

Just now, Trey3216 said:

I posted several pages back about how someone in my building tested positive.  Found out it’s an FA office one floor above mine.   At least 4 on their team now have tested positive also, One of whom I saw Tuesday night while picking up groceries.  I found out Friday she had been tested and yesterday she tested positive.  Been observing my conditions but nothing to report (temp was 97.4 this morning, and last night before bed)     But I’ve let everyone that we saw in close proximity to both of us that evening to be on the lookout.   And I sure as shit ain’t going back to my building until they do a deep clean 

I know of a group of 50-60 people out St. Pats.  All around 30-40 yo.  All have felt a little shitty and self quarantined the last few days.  But they all were out and about for several days.  The first of that group got a test and was, not shockingly, positive.  I got a 'you're lucky you didn't go out'.  I just let it slide.  As if it was luck I wasn't out with the unwashed masses just a week ago.  JFC

• Like 6

Just now, Incredulity said:

Turn on the machine(America) and we will be neck deep in respirators or whatever the fuck is needed.

This is the land of plenty. 

Oh yeah, too many forget where we came from.  It's still imbedded deep down in there somewhere.  Agree 100%. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I know of a group of 50-60 people out St. Pats.  All around 30-40 yo.  All have felt a little shitty and self quarantined the last few days.  But they all were out and about for several days.  The first of that group got a test and was, not shockingly, positive.  I got a 'you're lucky you didn't go out'.  I just let it slide.  As if it was luck I wasn't out with the unwashed masses just a week ago.  JFC

Yeah, that particular office was making people come in.   They now have 4 people, including a 6 mo pregnant woman, an intern (the initial sick one) and 2 others sick on that FA team, let alone the rest of their office, and our building.    

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

those are not ventilators, can they help?

Vents and respirators are used interchangeably...I'm 99% sure they do mean a full on Ventilator...I assumed that initially and after review would still assume they mean that.  Otherwise odd to celebrate. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away