Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Y'all might be fucked

https://www.kxxv.com/news/local-news/brazos-county-investigating-suspected-case-of-novel-coronavirus

BRAZOS COUNTY — Brazos County Health District is investigating a suspected case of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). 
The patient traveled from Wuhan, China, where the coronavirus originated. Health care providers were aware of public health guidance on novel coronavirus and quickly recognized that the patient met the criteria for coronavirus testing and is being kept isolated at home, while the precautionary testing is done. 
If there is a confirmed case, we will promptly announce it.
Those that have traveled to Wuhan, China and have flu like symptoms are encouraged to call the health district at 979-361-4440. Flu like symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, and sore throat. If medical care is needed, please call your healthcare provider first before arriving.
Nonessential travel to Wuhan, China should be avoided. 
The general public is encouraged to practice general preventive actions:
Everyone 6 months and older is encouraged to get a flu shot. 
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home when you are sick.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.

Possible case in Houston area:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/brazos-county-investigating-suspected-coronavirus-case-in-patient-who-traveled-from-china

"patient met the criteria for coronavirus testing and is being kept isolated at home".

Yeah this worked so well for Dallas with the guy who had Ebola. He went out shopping at Northpark and coughed all over everyone eating at Maggianos and painted/sprayed a stall brown in the Men's restroom 4 feet high coming out of both ends.

Edited by CHEF DIESEL

5 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/brazos-county-investigating-suspected-coronavirus-case-in-patient-who-traveled-from-china

"patient met the criteria for coronavirus testing and is being kept isolated at home".

Yeah this worked so well for Dallas with the guy who had Ebola. He went out shopping at Northpark and coughed all over everyone eating at Maggianos and painted/sprayed a stall brown in the Men's restroom 4 feet high coming out of both ends.

Love this line. Ummmm I would hope so...

If there is a confirmed case, we will promptly announce it.

37 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Brazos Co. ≠ Houston area

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

jesus christ. i mean, it's china, and they love to eat stuff like fucking chicken feet. but bat soup? christ on a cracker.

Meanwhile, the Chinese are like

"Confucious, I mean, it's Texas, and those aggy like to fuck each other, but goats?  Buddha on a cracker."

1f914.png

A new BSL‑4-level pathogens lab in the city where this outbreak started? That seems a little odd...

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

The Wuhan lab cost 300 million yuan (US$44 million), and to allay safety concerns it was built far above the flood plain and with the capacity to withstand a magnitude-7 earthquake, although the area has no history of strong earthquakes. It will focus on the control of emerging diseases, store purified viruses and act as a World Health Organization ‘reference laboratory’ linked to similar labs around the world. “It will be a key node in the global biosafety-lab network,” says lab director Yuan Zhiming.

Future plans include studying the pathogen that causes SARS, which also doesn’t require a BSL-4 lab, before moving on to Ebola and the West African Lassa virus, which do. Some one million Chinese people work in Africa; the country needs to be ready for any eventuality, says Yuan. “Viruses don’t know borders.”

• Like 2

Is there anything an Aggie can't fuck up?  It's like they get out of bed each morning just waiting to be contrarian to logic and attractive women. 

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Is there anything an Aggie can't fuck up?  It's like they get out of bed each morning just waiting to be contrarian to logic and attractive women. 

Aggy grad student? New Campus in Wuhan? Doing research into new critter fucking? Bat dong licking? 

So many questions.....   

• Haha 1

I probably have it....or will get it.  I've been flying constantly since first of the year.  The number of sick MF'ers out there sneezing and coughing all over the airplanes is ridiculous.  Here's an idea.....if you're f'ing sick, why don't you stay home.....

1 minute ago, gecko said:

I probably have it....or will get it.  I've been flying constantly since first of the year.  The number of sick MF'ers out there sneezing and coughing all over the airplanes is ridiculous.  Here's an idea.....if you're f'ing sick, why don't you stay home.....

Nah man, as long as you take the antidote you will be fine. 

EO7uARaXsAAmzJO?format=jpg&name=small

I flew throughout the Middle East during the SARS and MERS events. Drank plenty of booze and I lived. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Xian said:

Yeah. That is fucking scary. Are these confirmed?

Based on the tweeting history of that account and others that are posting similar ones, I'd be cautious in putting total faith in their veracity - some have InfoWars connections.

25 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

The suspected Texas case is in Bryan College Station.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/texas-patient-being-tested-for-suspected-case-of-coronavirus

The safest course is to nuke it from orbit.

[Aggy] Yes! We lead the SEC in something! The conference is sure to accept us as an equal now. [/Aggy]

23 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

The suspected Texas case is in Bryan College Station.

Got Damn reporters are stupid. The Brazos County Health Press conference is going on right now....stupid ass questions..."can it be transmitted person-to-person" Really? Read any news lately. 

From the Press Conf:

• male A&M student
  • mild symptoms, but went to the ER because he knew he'd been to Wuhan
  • could be just run of the mill flu
  • _self isolating_
  • sample sent to CDC - will know in 24 hrs

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Got Damn reporters are stupid. The Brazos County Health Press conference is going on right now....stupid ass questions..."can it be transmitted person-to-person" Really? Read any news lately. 

From the Press Conf:

• male A&M student
  • mild symptoms, but went to the ER because he knew he'd been to Wuhan
  • could be just run of the mill flu
  • _self isolating_
  • sample sent to CDC - will know in 24 hrs

And I would assume Xofluza and Tamiflu would have some positive effect if taken within 24 hours of symptoms.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

1f914.png

A new BSL‑4-level pathogens lab in the city where this outbreak started? That seems a little odd...

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

Supposedly after the SARS scare, they built a bunch of laboratories around China, so I'm not sure I'd be worried too much about that.  They are actually more worried about shit happening in China than Africa, because the density is much higher in many cities, and the Chinese get around China pretty rapidly.

That, and the Chinese eat fucking bats.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

JFC, they're fucking bats now in aggyland?

Hope they don't find out about our large bat population.

I think we need to fuck with Google, starting right now, and put out stories that Oklahoma has a shit-ton of bats, ripe for the eating and fucking.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Supposedly after the SARS scare, they built a bunch of laboratories around China, so I'm not sure I'd be worried too much about that.  They are actually more worried about shit happening in China than Africa, because the density is much higher in many cities, and the Chinese get around China pretty rapidly.

That, and the Chinese eat fucking bats.

There’s like 3 billion of them and they all have to eat SOMETHING. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away