Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

19 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

My coworker that sits closest to me in our open office is leaving for Italy for two weeks starting tomorrow... I’m hoping they’ll make him work from home for a couple weeks just in case. Fantastic. 

By the time he gets back we’ll have plenty of cases here to worry about. 

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

So I realize we have no idea if the Pope has covid-2019, but I can’t imagine the panic among believers if he were to (heaven forbid) die from it.  If he’s visiting the infected in Italy, I hope it’s in His Holy Hazmat Suit.

No Catholic I know - as one - would be in a panic over this.  I'm not saying there's not Catholics who would panic, but as someone who works in that field, most people are pretty level headed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goredho said:

So I realize we have no idea if the Pope has covid-2019, but I can’t imagine the panic among believers if he were to (heaven forbid) die from it.  If he’s visiting the infected in Italy, I hope it’s in His Holy Hazmat Suit.

Hell, if the catholics didn't panic over the world-wide pedophile scandal I doubt they give much of a shit about this.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Current scheduled travel by week, still on:

3/2 - SA/KC 

3/9 - NYC 

3/16 - San Juan PR (Personal)

3/23 - OC/Nashville

3/30 - SF

4/6 - NYC

No company restrictions or cancelled invitations yet. 

Thoughts and prayers to you. I have DFW, Atlanta, Anaheim, and Vegas in the next 6 weeks. That's the city the CDC is in, California where there's already infected, and Vegas which is half full of Asians at any given time. RIP in peace. 

Though I'm expecting Anaheim to get cancelled (conference), and Vegas is personal, so we can back out of that if need be.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Ah yes, the surly tradition of shitting on an entire group of people because of a few evil bastards.  For the record I hope every pedophile priest gets prosecuted, jailed, and assaulted.  Not very Christian of me but whatever.

We're not shitting over an entire group of people but the institution itself is rotten and should be burned to the ground with the pedophiles still inside.  

My great grandchildren will read about it the same way you and I read about Greek Mythology.  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Thoughts and prayers to you. I have DFW, Atlanta, Anaheim, and Vegas in the next 6 weeks. That's the city the CDC is in, California where there's already infected, and Vegas which is half full of Asians at any given time. RIP in peace. 

Though I'm expecting Anaheim to get cancelled (conference), and Vegas is personal, so we can back out of that if need be.

Y’all are pussies. I leave for Tokyo on 3/14. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Ah yes, the surly tradition of shitting on an entire group of people because of a few evil bastards.  For the record I hope every pedophile priest gets prosecuted, jailed, and assaulted.  Not very Christian of me but whatever.

Yeah, Mrs. Brat and all her parishioner friends, not to mention the good priests & nuns,, are absolutely disgusted with those in the hierarchy who are corrupted. But haters & bigots are gonna paint with that broad brush.

BTTT:

My granddaughter and her boyfriend are vacationing at a resort in the Dominican Republic. Hope they don’t drink any of that toxic booze from the hotel mini bar.

Then they have a trip booked to Iceland in May. 

Mrs. Brat is getting a bit worried and wants to postpone our trip to Britain until next year.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Y’all are pussies. I leave for Tokyo on 3/14. 

When you're in the hospital and fighting for breath...  look straight into your Doctor's eyes and whisper "I hate Godzilla too" 

Fade to black

/scene

• Like 4

Just now, Armybrat said:

Yeah, Mrs. Brat and all her parishioner friends, not to mention the good priests & nuns,, are absolutely disgusted with those in the hierarchy who are corrupted. But haters & bigots are gonna paint with that broad brush.

BTTT:

My granddaughter and her boyfriend are vacationing at a resort in the Dominican Republic. Hope they don’t drink any of that toxic booze from the hotel mini bar.

Then they have a trip booked to Iceland in May. 

Mrs. Brat is getting a bit worried and wants to postpone our trip to Britain until next year.

My mom lives in the Dominican Republic and is pretty frail. She still drinks Brugal everyday. Stick to the damn good local rum and she will be fine.

Concerning the other trip- Tell daughter to take lots of hand sanitizer. 

Houston is experiencing a glimpse of the apocalypse today. With yesterday’s water main break, the city is recommending boiling water to drink suggesting the water supply isn’t potable. Schools are closed and many businesses are restricted ie Starbucks is selling only packaged items. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

In addition to my usual partner visits, I'm supposed to be working HIMMS and NAB this spring. Watching closely, and I'll cancel one or both at the first whiff that they're talking about canceling. Not out of fear of the virus, but just because I don't want to spend a week in Orlando and another week in Vegas if I can avoid it. 

hell yeah, bring on the pandemic. 

35 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Italy reporting 17 deaths on 655 confirmed cases, a 2.5% case fatality consistent with what’s been reported elsewhere.  Hopefully when larger test numbers are available the actual rate is significantly less than that.

Copied from a post by a doctor on a thread on another forum.

The reason the death rate is high is because the vast majority of countries are testing only the sickest.

South Korea is performing the most numerous tests at this time.

South Korea peaked at just under 0.1%.

As more individuals are tested and less sick individuals test positive, the mortality had fallen to 0.74% as of a few days ago.

South Korea has surpassed 2300 cases and the mortality has fallen again to 0.68%.

It will continue going down.

He raises a good point about only the sickest being tested in other countries.  South Korea mortalilty rate dropping daily is a very good indicater.  

ETA: He meant that South Korea peaked at just under 1.0% mortality rate.

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We're not shitting over an entire group of people but the institution itself is rotten and should be burned to the ground with the pedophiles still inside.  

My great grandchildren will read about it the same way you and I read about Greek Mythology.  

Bullshit.  Asithappens post was about Catholics being reprehensible people for not caring about child abuse (we do care and fuck pedos).

The Catholic Church has been around for nearly 2000 years.  Your great grandchildren will be witness to it - it ain't going anywhere.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

I get your point, but think it's invalid here: the entire group of catholics deserve(d) to be shat upon. 

This isn't the thread for it, though. 

17 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Few?   FEW?  

Who hid the pedophile priests?  who covered up their crimes?  Who moved them from community to unsuspecting community to keep them from being discovered?  Who used all the clout and might of the ENTIRE organization to perpetuate evil to protect the "good name" of the church.  

I agree with the general premise of your argument, the vast majority of catholics (like the entire population of the world) are good people.  But the Catholic church is rotten to it's very core.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Few?   FEW?  

Who hid the pedophile priests?  who covered up their crimes?  Who moved them from community to unsuspecting community to keep them from being discovered?  Who used all the clout and might of the ENTIRE organization to perpetuate evil to protect the "good name" of the church.  

I agree with the general premise of your argument, the vast majority of catholics (like the entire population of the world) are good people.  But the Catholic church is rotten to it's very core.

Lol, my thoughts exactly, loco.

To call this the work of a "few", when in fact it was world-wide and involved many, many in the hierarchy, as well as many laity who initially blamed the victim, well, I respectfully decline to be bothered by his whining.

6 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Bullshit.  Asithappens post was about Catholics being reprehensible people for not caring about child abuse (we do care and fuck pedos).

The Catholic Church has been around for nearly 2000 years.  Your great grandchildren will be witness to it - it ain't going anywhere.  

Your right, some light pedophilia won’t hurt them any more than thousands of executions did during the inquisitions.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

My coworker that sits closest to me in our open office is leaving for Italy for two weeks starting tomorrow... I’m hoping they’ll make him work from home for a couple weeks just in case. Fantastic. 

In a couple weeks when he is getting ready to return, there very well could be a travel ban from Italy.  Say goodbye, cause you may not see him for months.

2 minutes ago, heso said:

Your right, some light pedophilia won’t hurt them any more than thousands of executions did during the inquisitions.  

pppppfft that's nothing.  I had a Friar Tuck looking mofo cut me in the coffee line at an Autogrill just outside of Florence.  Oh the things I would have said if I weren't an ignorant American who could only speak English or order beer in Spanish!

That injustice shall not stand!

46 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Yes, the Catholic Church is the victim. Especially since they handled the matter so well. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

My mom lives in the Dominican Republic and is pretty frail. She still drinks Brugal everyday. Stick to the damn good local rum and she will be fine.

Concerning the other trip- Tell daughter to take lots of hand sanitizer. 

<plagueinc>
  When Greenland, Icleand and Madascar fall, all hope is lost
</plagueinc>

1 hour ago, heso said:

the international law firm I work for told everyone to cancel any travel to CDC level 2 or 3 classification. Currently that’s China and South Korea as level 3. Iran, northern Italy, and japan are level 2. Anyone coming back from any of those places is supposed to self quarantine and work from home for 2 weeks. 

That’s all well and good for your workplace, but if they end up having gotten it over there then they likely spread it in the airport and to their families to spread. 

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yeah. I don’t know how the fuck we haven’t banned travel with Italy and South Korea.  Shit, even the US military is banning as much military travel with ROK as they can, and they are keeping their ships at sea for a few weeks after visiting areas in Asia with the virus.  

Speaking of, ROK is rocketing up the charts.  

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So in the past day and a half, Lithuania, Nigeria, San Marino, Netherlands,  Mexico, Azerbaijan, Iceland, Wales, Belarus, and New Zealand have all joined the club.  Lovely.  

Clean hands, clean desk, all will be fine. 

Best part of the event was the PRC Reporter asking if there was proof the virus originated in China. Passing the buck for the win. 

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Where do you guys live that HEB and other stores are thunderdomes? Every store I’ve been to in SA is business as usual, nothing’s running out, etc. And that’s with everyone knowing there’s a significant number of Coronavirus patients in the city. People here aren’t scared of nothin, hombre.

Pro tip: If your HEB runs out, your closets Randall’s and Kroger’s will still be pretty stocked.  

3 hours ago, achooloco said:

I dunno, Conspiracy is definitely too hard a word but it is sort of the predicament we are in (unless my sarcasm meter is broken)

There are reports that all info has to come from the VP office only, right? So silencing kind of fits at certain very high levels (but would be unbelievable at the local hospital level... sorta).  Then on the other hand, someone (the doc friend) in the nation is freely spreading an imaginable rumor to his buddy who then spreads that via a tool of rather odd bunch of assholes.

Not saying I necessarily believe or disbelieve the rumor but you kind of described our exact current situation when confronting virus info in February 2020. 

While they are trying to control all information through the Vice President’s office, I’m not too worried - information will leak.   And this will probably leak faster than most stuff  

I’m more worried about a lack of testing.  

I know this is a CR issue, but I was wondering why the "Flu kills more people" keeps getting pushed by the uninformed? I don't get it. 

1 in 25 vs 1 in 1000

I wish there was an information sheet showing why that yes, currently, the Flu has killed more people this year, but it's because we don't contain people for the flu, we have a vaccination for the Flu, etc. etc. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Copied from a post by a doctor on a thread on another forum.

He raises a good point about only the sickest being tested in other countries.  South Korea mortalilty rate dropping daily is a very good indicater.  

ETA: He meant that South Korea peaked at just under 1.0% mortality rate.

Yep, that would be veeeeery reassuring news by comparison.

Who is the dumb motherfucker that brought the damn Pope back up and set off this pedohiliia tangent?

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Uh... I'll see myself out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away