Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

33 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We had our chance(s) against this thing, and now its too late

im thinking mandatory 2 week quarantine for the entire country starting april 1st or so

Announcing it on April Fool’s Day would be on brand for the idiots in charge.

Just now, Incredulity said:

Again, are there any CV deaths in the US by a previously healthy individual?

We literally don't have enough data to make a statistically significant determination. The lack of nationwide testing is itself a cause for concern because we don't know where the hotspots are, and every time we get more testing capacity we get a big chunk of new cases. 

So that's a very important question, but we lack the information to answer it. 

1 minute ago, Jameslaw121 said:

He sounded like that effective friday no one was coming to the US from Europe for the next 30 days. No one. Noe its Americans, families, and others

No he didn’t. He said Americans could come back but they had to be screened first.  He did say foreign nationals who’d been in those countries or were traveling from those countries could not come after Friday at midnight.  Jesus, he gives plenty of reasons to criticize but at least comprehend what the fuck he said. 

Astasis bunker supply report:

Well provisioned on venison, pork ribs, brisket flats, frozen veggie, TP and lube.

Armory cleaned and ready for action.

Vodka stores, dangerously low.

Bourbon stores, none of the mixing shit remains. Gonna break into the top shelf.

Well attempt to fortify myself for a run to the liquor store tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, VABuckeye said:

No he didn’t. He said Americans could come back but they had to be screened first.  He did say foreign nationals who’d been in those countries or were traveling from those countries could not come after Friday at midnight.  Jesus, he gives plenty of reasons to criticize but at least comprehend what the fuck he said. 

No he didn't. He said from the UK they could not Europe. And he just changed his mind in his last tweet

1 minute ago, VABuckeye said:

Yup. That’s how I heard it. 

I still wouldn’t care and try to get myself back by Friday. Who knows how many flights will now be cancelled starting next week. 

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Again, are there any CV deaths in the US by a previously healthy individual?

There are some seriously ill but I do not know of any deaths yet. It will happen but it also does this in healthy people with the flu more often than you would think. I’ve been looking at the studies from China data and it appears the incidence of mortality in healthy people under 60 is very low but not zero.

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hmm seems like good chance that we will have to cancel my daughter’s birthday. It is at the end of the month and we booked one of those iRise places. I’m sure these kind of places will have to shut down. Gonna be one sad little girl. Bummer but that’s how it goes.

just tell her she gets 3 birthdays on each of the next 2 birthdays.  and double the christmas.  write it up for her on "iou" cards.

good for 1 extra swayze birthday celebration on demand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

We literally don't have enough data to make a statistically significant determination. The lack of nationwide testing is itself a cause for concern because we don't know where the hotspots are, and every time we get more testing capacity we get a big chunk of new cases. 

So that's a very important question, but we lack the information to answer it. 

Which leads me to the practical conclusion that it is already everywhere.  How many 14 day “incubations” are necessary to make everyone realize that it is a really bad flu.  I guess the standard now is global commerce shuts down every Oct?

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Yup. That’s how I heard it. 

I still wouldn’t care and try to get myself back by Friday. Who knows how many flights will now be cancelled starting next week. 

I'll need to reread it then. I heard it much differently. But if two of yall are agreeing I must not be correct.

Which leads me to the practical conclusion that it is already everywhere.  How many 14 day “incubations” are necessary to make everyone realize that it is a really bad flu.  I guess the standard now is global commerce shuts down every Oct?

You’re an imbecile. Does the flu typically result in people dying in hospital floors because there is no ICU space available? Oh no it doesn’t. Cool.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

There are some seriously ill but I do not know of any deaths yet. It will happen but it also does this in healthy people with the flu more often than you would think. I’ve been looking at the studies from China data and it appears the incidence of mortality in healthy people under 60 is very low but not zero.

Exactly. 

We don’t nationally update every seasonal flu fatality each year.  Yes, some people die.

Fucking ridiculous.

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

you might be an idiot

4 minutes ago, XYZ said:

The “this is not a big deal” crowd has gone quiet suddenly.

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Exactly. 

We don’t nationally update every seasonal flu fatality each year.  Yes, some people die.

Fucking ridiculous.

Uhhh . . . 

24 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

amex and diners are going to be worthless

call the airline - they are the only ones that can help

and i would wait until 7am to call; the group of rez agents that can handle international is 10% of the total for any of the international carriers.  it's going to take the airlines overnight to ramp up and get the full contingent of agents back in the active pool.

and if you can (and i know you can) buy her a 1-way ticket from Heathrow to anywhere in the us or canada for as soon as she can get to london.  trains are still running in europe including the chunnel.

Centurion got it done.  BA business class for under 8K.  Refundable in case she wants to stay there instead.  Don't laugh.  All her family is there and I have help.  It's gonna be much worse here vs there.  

• Like 1

We’ve seen a lot of rhinovirus and adenovirus in Cen Tex so that’s a possibility.

i saw my doc (damn good dude, btw) about a month back with a kickass and incessant cough, low grade fever, joint pain, etc. strep and flu were negative, but it persisted for a good 2+ weeks and was pretty much nonstop...it was bad, like maybe grab 2-3 hrs of sleep per night because the coughing fits kept me up bad.

given that i meet with a metric shit ton of soldiers from Ft Hood and the wife works at Baylor in career services where she sees kids from all corners of the world (and she ended up with the same shit about 10 days after my first onset), i can’t help but wonder...

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Centurion got it done.  BA business class for under 8K.  Refundable in case she wants to stay there instead.  Don't laugh.  All her family is there and I have help.  It's gonna be much worse here vs there.  

Doc what do you think about that graph several posts up?  The US trajectory does not look good. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away