Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Aggy is just pissed that they won't be able to go jerk off around all the farm animals.

This truly sucks. There are a lot of people out there that couldn’t come up with 3 or 4 thousand dollars if their lives depended on it. What’s going to happen when those folks lose their job? Or can’t work because they are coughing blood? I honestly have a hard time seeing how people without at least 15 or 20k in readily available cash will make it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

In my research I did find articles about Wuhan where the food delivery business boomed and the major food delivery companies were giving thousands of free deliveries to medical personnel. I could see something similar happening here

Amazon is going to continue to print money.

37 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

This truly sucks. There are a lot of people out there that couldn’t come up with 3 or 4 thousand dollars if their lives depended on it. What’s going to happen when those folks lose their job? Or can’t work because they are coughing blood? I honestly have a hard time seeing how people without at least 15 or 20k in readily available cash will make it.

its a clusterfuck. 

everyone will post their own unique story that they can't believe this is happening. they will complain that they are now ______ and this will cost them _______

everyone is fooked. top to bottom (and sometimes side to side)

hey - it isn't nuclear yet. so we go that going for us. smile. and wash your handses

50 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Just don't pay the hospital bill. What could go wrong?! 

And I'm sure the landlords in this wonderful, giving country will be very lax about not receiving payments from half their tenants. . 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, boknowstecmo said:

Just don't pay the hospital bill. What could go wrong?! 

And I'm sure the landlords in this wonderful, giving country will be very lax about not receiving payments from half their tenants. . 

When it comes to a crisis - the people in this country (and in most of the world) can be pretty wonderful and giving.  I’m hoping for a “we’re all in this together” moment, but we shall see.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

They're simply not going to pay their bills.  Rent, mortgage, credit cards, vehicle loans, will go unpaid.  They'll pay water and gas and electrical and mobile phone.  That's about it.

I'm already expecting to get minimal or zero payments from tenants at my rental properties over the next few months.  I've enough to cover that, but I'm certain many folks will stop paying mortgages.  How the lenders choose to handle that, will determine outcomes for a lot of people.

Edited by utee94

Just told my oldest, adult, child to seriously consider cancelling their scheduled spring break trip to Hawaii this weekend. I would have to think at some point soon air travel will almost stop or slow way down. Not sure how pilots and flight attendants aren’t worried about their own health right now. Would hate for them to be stuck outside of the mainland for several weeks or more. It may sound cool to be stranded in Hawaii...unfortunately not under these circumstances. 

Yikes. Pence is giving an interview this morning and has zero concrete numbers or data, and is refusing to acknowledge the doublespeak and incorrect information the president propogated in his speech last night. 

His biggest thing was that "insurance will cover costs of treatment", but in reality it was that insurance will only cover testing costs. That's a big BIG difference. 

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yikes. Pence is giving an interview this morning and has zero concrete numbers or data, and is refusing to acknowledge the doublespeak and incorrect information the president propogated in his speech last night. 

His biggest thing was that "insurance will cover costs of treatment", but in reality it was that insurance will only cover testing costs. That's a big BIG difference. 

Fuck insurance companies, but how are they gonna avoid covering treatment?  I can't imagine anyone has an active policy that allows them to exclude this from coverage. But I guess if you end up in some makeshift CDC tent hospital, they won't be checking insurance cards. 

7 hours ago, Captainant said:

Those of yall who said you were happy with the speech... It doesn't look like the president was correct in what he told us.

At least what we get from the executive is consistently inconsistent.

Ehr mah gerd clerk reherm!

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Fuck insurance companies, but how are they gonna avoid covering treatment?  I can't imagine anyone has an active policy that allows them to exclude this from coverage. But I guess if you end up in some makeshift CDC tent hospital, they won't be checking insurance cards. 

Probably talking about copays, deductibles, max out of pocket spending.  Everything beyond that would be covered anyway. 

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Co pays, deductibles,  benefit maximums, all kinds of cute shit.   "Intubation has not proven to be effective, declined" "the Dr treating you is not in network".... you know, all the horrible shit about our medical system. 

And people having been throwing shit Italy's way.  

Utee94... quicker on the draw

Edited by Loco
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Loco said:

Co pays, deductibles,  benefit maximums, all kinds of cute shit.   "Intubation has not proven to be effective, declined" "the Dr treating you is not in network".... you know, all the horrible shit about our medical system. 

And people having been throwing shit Italy's way.  

Utee94... quicker on the draw

Yeah, but good point on the wormy tricks that insurance companies utilize, in order to get out of their agreed-upon coverage.  And of course the ER triggers separate clauses in most policies.    

2 hours ago, Loco said:

Put it up on the big board!

Kind of like with previous pandemics, if this thing gets loose on military bases, naval vessels etc... it's gonna be a bitch to stop. Constantly changing personnel and close quarters will keep it alive.

3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Kind of like with previous pandemics, if this thing gets loose on military bases, naval vessels etc... it's gonna be a bitch to stop. Constantly changing personnel and close quarters will keep it alive.

Social distancing is not a thing on submarines?

Also do they still hot bunk? 

Edited by Loco

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

And all the butt sex.

I just can't get over that our efforts are focused on closing borders and tax cuts at this point when the virus is already well established on our shores. 

If your house is on fire, you should focus on stopping that damage before you try to dig a fire trench or rebuild the burnt part. But we're more focused on calling it a foreign virus and sending incomplete and inaccurate information to the public. We could shut down all the borders and it would flatten the curve some I'd bet, but we're going to have a bad time either way and a shit load of people are going to be sick. 

Fucks sake this is such a fucking clown fiesta. 

EDIT: what's worse is that it was a prepared speech fully read off a teleprompter. So they meant to say what they said. And it was not accurate and has been "cleaned up" multiple times by multiple parties. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Loco said:

President's former Homeland Security Advisor

And this is totally true. Hospitals should have begun moving patients around and creating room for triage and treatment and adding NIV and O2 or whatever they plan to use for early intervention.

2 minutes ago, APMP said:

Anybody voluntarily pull their kids out of school yet?

No.  I'm letting them finish out this week and then next week is spring break.  The school district (Leander ISD) hasn't announced it yet, but I'm fairly certain they'll follow other school districts and universities, and will announce that spring break has been extended for another week.  At that point, we'll see where we are and how I feel about letting them return, IF school hasn't been suspended any further.  

What I'm MOST worried about though, is they're supposed to spend a few days next week, during spring break, with my parents, who are 80 and 76 years old.  I'm strongly considering canceling that, at this point.

8 minutes ago, APMP said:

Anybody voluntarily pull their kids out of school yet?

thinking about it...   my kids only have 2 more days till Spring Break (weirdly late this year)  Might just have them skip those 2 days and see how things are going in 2 weeks.

(but not permanently if that's what you meant)

Edited by Loco

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

And this is totally true. Hospitals should have begun moving patients around and creating room for triage and treatment and adding NIV and O2 or whatever they plan to use for early intervention.

And why don’t you think this hasn’t been occurring or that many are ready?

Columbus is building a coronavirus triage center at the Ohio state fairgrounds.  The major cities in Ohio now have drive through coronavirus testing. The Cleveland Clinic will soon have an expedited test available.  Ohio State was one of the first major universities to cancel classes.  The governor of Ohio issued an order prohibiting mass gatherings, including all indoor sporting events.

Ohio of all places appears to be relatively proactive so far and its actions underscore the need for state and local governments to take the lead on this.  Relying on the feds is clearly a waste of precious time.

• Like 3

No.  I'm letting them finish out this week and then next week is spring break.  The school district (Leander ISD) hasn't announced it yet, but I'm fairly certain they'll follow other school districts and universities, and will announce that spring break has been extended for another week.  At that point, we'll see where we are and how I feel about letting them return, IF school hasn't been suspended any further.  
What I'm MOST worried about though, is they're supposed to spend a few days next week, during spring break, with my parents, who are 80 and 76 years old.  I'm strongly considering canceling that, at this point.
thinking about it...   my kids only have 2 more days till Spring Break (weirdly late this year)  Might just have them skip those 2 days and see how things are going in 2 weeks.

(but not permanently if that's what you meant)
Yeah mine are still day care age (2 and 4) so a little bit different. The day care doesn't actually close for spring break. But I am keeping them home today and by the end of the day may decide to just do that for the next few days/weeks. Wife and I are lucky enough to have flexibility to work from home most days. I haven't figured out how it's going to work yet.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away