Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

2 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

Whoops - misread that.  I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before WDW succumbs to the same fate.

Still, it's pretty fucking insane. From a vanity fair article:

"It’s only the fourth time in history that Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., has fully suspended operations. The other instances were the Sept. 11 attacks, the morning after JFK’s assassination and the Northridge earthquake." 

My kids came home with a form from Dallas ISD saying they will inform parents on March 19th if school will resume after Spring Break or if DISD will go to online learning. My 6th grader is getting a Chrome Book to bring home to work on. I'm imagining DISD will make the determination to close a week longer. 

Edited by mdmost

Just now, UT_OB1 said:

Ha my bad. Clearly creek. Houston area. Does corpus really use cc?  Would have imagined Texas wouldn’t allow the same initials 

There are three DISD’s that touch each other with Dallas, DeSoto, Duncanville alone. 

3 minutes ago, Somnio said:

Fuck that guy!

I'm sure the threat of arrest will be enough for most to follow the rules.

Put his shit on blast and maybe shame of his dumbass being exposed will cause him to change mind or a tent-mate to come forward. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Live streams of pro athletes playing video games? 

ESPN should switch to esports and focus on the women gamers of Twitch.

spacer.png

Although for some reason the hot ones randomly take selfies and do cosplay instead of play video games.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So this guy needs a good doxxing, then beating if he's not telling exactly what was going on.  

County commissioners declared a public health emergency on Thursday, a day after the city of Houston and Harris County declared similar emergencies.

As officials urged calm and common sense advice on preventing the spread of the illness during a Wednesday press conference, it may have come too late. The RodeoHouston BBQ on Feb. 28 was attended by the Patton Village officer that's been identified as Montgomery County's non-travel related coronavirus patient.

On March 12, Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said the officer is not cooperating with officials, adding that he's not telling them which tent he was patrolling.

https://abc13.com/health/what-we-know-about-the-18-houston-area-coronavirus-cases/5999764/

Well, it's official then - the shit has truly hit the fan.  No one is more money hungry than The Mouse.

I posted this earlier, but WDW has only closed operations for a total of 7 days in all of its existence.  This will over double that closure day count.  Ho-Lee-Fuk.

Yet somehow the Austin Rodeo is still not cancelled.

41 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Welp, the entire US is going on a 4 week quarantine starting within the next week or two. Have audio from a friend (who is also in healthcare) that i cant figure out how to upload but seems legit

Did he say an Arlington hospital had confirmed cases of CV?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

What the hells going to be on ESPN?  Sportscenter in a week, checking in on sick players.

spacer.png

maintains social distancing, and any fluids are going to result from serious injury to one or more limbs, so cv will be far down the list of worries.  

Also this maintains social distancing between athletes   

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

spacer.png

maintains social distancing, and any fluids are going to result from serious injury to one or more limbs, so cv will be far down the list of worries.  

spacer.png

Dude, timber sports and strong man competitions would be the best programming lineup they've had since Stuart Scott died.  Count me in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dilligas said:

Just stopped into my neighborhood bar south of Blanco and the daily drinkers in there are fuckin clueless. Most of the bastards never wash their hands after pissing and appear to have no clue what is coming. I try not to touch the bar anyway but today was extra conscious. May have to boycott it for the next few weeks. Got the "more people die of the flu" comment.

HEY! No reason to talk about certain CR posters in BadaBing

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Probably do reruns of the Ocho from previous years

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away