Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

17 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

What's with the vent/snorkel on the cooler? I feel like I missed out on some important engineering somewhere along the way. spacer.png

I never noticed anything in the background but now that I look at it, that appears to be a homemade swamp cooler.

2 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So totally a rumor at this point but the wife just said she’s got buzz about closing down HISD on the magnet/gifted chat room.  Some of those people are wired in.  Anyone heard anything more than that?

Basically every other Houston area school district has closed.  I'd imagine it's only a matter of time.

still funny seeing people react according to traveling, touching existing persons, whatever. seriously people pull it together. i would assume someone you come into daily contact with has it. shit you may have it. act accordingly. 

still no quarantine down here. got wife to stop commuting on the train. we are getting some supplies today, including TP I hope. wouldn't be shocked if we get shut down next week and enter our 2 week quarantine period. might as well. its whats coming, just get it the F ova with. 

ya'll be good. gotta try to get some work done. i realize we ain't to politic too much here, but needless to say politics or no politics, I hope you friday is as nuke free as mine will be.

7 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Riu hotels pfffff. Are you some fucking kind of poor or what. haha

Yes I am! The beds are clean and I just go for the booz, the bikinis, the beach, and to fuck. The real giveaway I have a case of the poors is I fly southwest down there. I typically take 2 to 4 vacations a year and I definitely don't have an unlimited budget, so I go for quantity over quality. It's definitely hell being poor. Lol 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

HEB had no TP or paper towels this morning.  Walked into Target this afternoon and they had plenty.  Nobody was there.  Got the last stuff I needed to stock up.

I went to Walmart about 1am to get a few more things, hardly anyone there which was awesome.  Except some dude walks up the aisle and browses right next to me, and starts singing to himself in Italian.  OK, funny guy.  But then his wife comes up and they start yapping, in Italian.  Crap, you gotta be kidding me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Js1 said:

That’s big. I graduated out of that district, felt like they never wanted to close 

Same here.

Here is a link to the list of district closings in the Houston area.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/03/12/here-are-all-of-the-schools-and-major-events-to-cancel-in-houston-because-of-the-coronavirus/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So totally a rumor at this point but the wife just said she’s got buzz about closing down HISD on the magnet/gifted chat room.  Some of those people are wired in.  Anyone heard anything more than that?

Sneakiest humblebrag ever.  Well done.

7 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Houston peeps.

How many case are currently active in the area?

Was HISD/Klein, etc... on Spring Break this week or next?

Edited.  I just remembered KPRC's image had both confirmed and possible cases. 

Edited by Pancho
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

It's at least 20, but I'm not sure if they are counting the cases in Montgomery County in that number. 

HOUSTON – Here is the current number of officially reported coronavirus cases:

• 2 confirmed cases and 4 presumptive positive cases in Harris County.
  • 1 confirmed case and 2 presumptive positive cases in Houston.
  • 6 presumptive positive cases in Fort Bend County.
  • 3 presumptive positive cases in Montgomery County.
  • Like 2

Texas A&M just announced that there are no classes next week and all classes will be online through the rest of the term.

I really didn't think we (Texans/Americans) would climb on the Social Distancing Bandwagon this quick. 

Maybe with a little luck we won't have to start having triage at the hospitals and turn anyone over 60 away like Italy is doing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

I'm in Los Angeles and the lack of any response whatsoever is staggering.

Both my kids' schools (private though)announced today that they are closed through March.  The last 48 hours has seen a major ramp up in response.  I certainly have seen the urgency crank up.

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I watched De Blasio's news conference earlier, and he was adamant about keeping NYC schools open.  They've got it far worse than Houston or Dallas.  I wonder what the reasoning is.

Pretty sure schools are aware that it is likely everywhere, and will spread like wildfires through schools, so being safe for a couple of weeks. Especially after spring break where people are traveling all over. 

8 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

I went to Walmart about 1am to get a few more things, hardly anyone there which was awesome.  Except some dude walks up the aisle and browses right next to me, and starts singing to himself in Italian.  OK, funny guy.  But then his wife comes up and they start yapping, in Italian.  Crap, you gotta be kidding me!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Pretty sure schools are aware that it is likely everywhere, and will spread like wildfires through schools, so being safe for a couple of weeks. Especially after spring break where people are traveling all over. 

Right.  I wasn't clear.  I meant the reasoning behind NYC keeping schools open.  The press conference was very grim - this will close, that will close, these city employees will be on rotating schedules, we'll try and deliver food to people, OH, and schools will be open.  Just odd.

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I watched De Blasio's news conference earlier, and he was adamant about keeping NYC schools open.  They've got it far worse than Houston or Dallas.  I wonder what the reasoning is.

Funding.  Also the guy heading the schools is former HISD guy.  

2 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I'm gonna need more Tito's.

I was looking forward to working through my back stock of booze over the next month or so, and then a few wet blankets on this here website had to go and share their party-pooper knowledge that drinking dulls the immune system.  Riding out the plague sober is gonna suck.  

13 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Italian couple: "We should go to Walmart at 1:00 am to lessen the chance we infect anyone."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Dumb, doesn't have party affiliation?

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away