Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

18 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I flew out of DFW on American on Tuesday and fly back tomorrow.

I’ll be sure to stop by Jerryworld and cough on him just in case I’ve contracted it.

Lick him if you have to /no homo. We're all counting on you.

Lamar CISD (our schools in Greatwood) added another week to this week's spring break. My guess is that they will add more days after that as well. 

All Texas East Little League activities in all districts and all leagues have been suspended until at least April 6. We sent out the email today and there are knucklehead LL dads already responding that they would rather play their games and asking if they can still practice if there are no games. 

27 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You’re a fucking doctor? Shit you’re as dumb and as annoying as my fucking brother. Wait are you him?

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiin on yer weddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing day!

2 hours ago, F250 said:

If anyone is interested, tickets are cheap.

spacer.png

That’s going to be a bunch of young male incels with mild coronavirus who believe this is all a hoax banging a recently deceased granny corpse that proves its not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Fuck no, they'll never cancel the Houston rodeo.

That's just fucking crazy talk.

Wait just a damned minute!  When in tarnation did this happen?

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

HEB @ William Cannon & I-35 is usually packed, but I've never seen it like about an hour ago.

They're also now limiting your water purchase to two gallons instead of four.  They were still almost sold out.

Canned goods aisle was mayhem

Also, no TP to be found.

4 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Brian Windhorst had a FAQ last night after the suspension 

Tests are hard to get in some places; how are the players being tested so fast?
Over the past week, the league office advised teams to work with health providers to make testing available to its players and visiting teams. Last weekend, the Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry was tested for COVID-19 after he came down with flu-like symptoms in San Francisco and the test came back negative.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28888995/what-know-know-nba-suspension-play

who knows if its true but thats what i read

• Like 2

calling

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Brian Windhorst had a FAQ last night after the suspension 

Tests are hard to get in some places; how are the players being tested so fast?
Over the past week, the league office advised teams to work with health providers to make testing available to its players and visiting teams. Last weekend, the Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry was tested for COVID-19 after he came down with flu-like symptoms in San Francisco and the test came back negative.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28888995/what-know-know-nba-suspension-play

who knows if its true but thats what i read

Magic Johnson, please come to the courtesy booth

Been stocking up on chicken, pasta, rice, dried beans and tuna along with granola bars and oat meal. The Krogers in the plano/garland/wylie area haven't been bad, beans were running low but that's about it. Costco on 75 in Plano had plenty of TP and short lines. The hysteria in this area hasn't hit yet I guess. I haven't bought any bottled water at all, am I a bad prepper?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Been stocking up on chicken, pasta, rice, dried beans and tuna along with granola bars and oat meal. The Krogers in the plano/garland/wylie area haven't been bad, beans were running low but that's about it. Costco on 75 in Plano had plenty of TP and short lines. The hysteria in this area hasn't hit yet I guess. I haven't bought any bottled water at all, am I a bad prepper?

went to the local grocer that i figured would be empty, nope.  it's kinda like a Michoacana. saw some guy walking out with what looked to be 10 ham hocks.  FUD definitely creeping in here.  

Edited by Hmmm

Just now, BradInATX said:

Are the shelves completely clear of Nyquil? Want to go grab a bottle or two, but not gonna mess with it if every place is out of it.

Don’t fuck with combo sizzurp. Just buy the components you want. Antihistamine. Decongestant. Expectorant. Mix and match to specific symptoms. 

1 hour ago, staboner said:

I just got a DM from my most recent ex asking about treating a fever. I will tell her don't,  since that is how the body fights off a virus.

RayDog is smart as fuck, but wondering if any doctors can weigh in on this? @ChiTownDoc

Edit - the original quote was from RayDog, not staboner.  this site and it's ability to quote is something special

Edited by Hmmm

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Yes, yes, fuck you, yes, and maybe. 

So the trip I made at lunch to Total Wine for a couple bottles of Jameson Black Barrel was just the latest of the bad decisions I’ve made over the last 58 years huh?
Whale shit, hopefully I’ll live through it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

If so, it is positive. Presumptive classification is based on lab specific procedures after a positive is identified. 

Sister is a nurse there (no pics). The person has been isolated for a few days now. I am I kind of surprised there is only one. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away